“Simply brilliant”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
“Simply brilliant”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

The family run restaurant is excellent. The food is just the best that Belgium had to offer. The atmosphere is nice and the service simply could not have been better.

10/20 on all counts and will visit again!

2 Thank Hassan H

Malton, United Kingdom
“perfect!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The place to be if you want to have a fun evening with friends, or a cosy night with your partner. I've been there several times and I have never been disapointed! The service is fluent and realy nice. The kitchen is fantastic! it's basic cuisine with a modern touch. They always have diffrent suggestions that will suprise you in a fantastic way! When I'm on my next trip in Belgium, I will defenetly go back to this fantastic restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank natacha p
London, United Kingdom
“Cosy simplicity, great food”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We stopped in Veurne for a few hours and popped into Mozaiek for directions The staff was so friendly that they gave us a parking disk and told us to keep it. We returned for lunch and were rewarded by a delicious and plentiful meal. I ordered vol à vent and was told it came without pastry because no one ever ate it. I quite saw why. A lake of creamy sauce laced with perfectly cooked chicken breast and tiny sausage meatballs arrived and, even though it was far too much I could not leave anything so good on a plate. My husband had Belgian beer stew and felt the same. The restaurant has a casual style, a little twee with teddy bears in the window, but, hey, it's soon to be Christmas. The Flemish menu is challenging but there is a charming linguist on hand to translate and explain. Super!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Anouchka43
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent place for lunch or evening meal”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This restaurant really is a good find, although it's menu is in Flemish the waiter explained it to us in English and was extremely helpful. I have visited 3 times and have ordered a different dish each time and all were better than the previous. My favourite was the spaghetti and Prawns Mozaiek which is a house speciality. The prawns were plentiful and fresh and the basil, tomato and mushroom cream sauce was freshly made and divine ! If you're anywhere near Veurne this restaurant is worth a visit.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ogradysirishbar
“No tap water. Poor”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was the only restaurant on our holiday to refuse us a jug of tap water. This was despite spending €63 on a meal. The waiter came up with some nonsense about the tap water not being very good; so if we take him at his word then this is a place whose water supply fails to met EU standards for drinking water, which can't be good.
The pasta dish was gloopy, the shrimp croquette a mush with few shrimps in it and my beef carbonade another gloop of shin beef with connective tissue, thickened with cornflour.
Finally, the menu needs to specify the strength of the beers. I ordered a beer which turned out to 9.5% alcohol, which I then had to leave as I was driving.

• Visited August 2013