“Best meal we've eaten in Belgium”
Review of Restaurant Lowie

Restaurant Lowie
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Veurne
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2014

As massive foodies, we find it difficult to find a good restaurant but in Brasserie Lowie's case we have found a great restaurant. The amuse bouche was couscous blended with tuna and a small tomato with a hint of curry on top and micro herbs. Brilliant idea, so will be doing it myself later this week. We both had the same starter which was asparagus with beetroot and marinated onion which again was really good. Unfortunately, Carlos, the owner, wouldn't tell me what the onion was marinated in, as it was a secret, even though I offer him a bribe! My wife had garlic snails for mains, as it's one of her favourites but I had the pork with mustard sauce, baby new potatoes and mushroom cooked with lardons. Brilliantly cooked by Carlos's wife Stephanie who is the chef here. Finally we had the chocolate mousse with redcurrants and nuts which was a perfect end to this meal. The owners should be congratulated on the service and attention to detail that they provide for customers but the mark for the food is definitely 10/10 and the restaurant is one not to be missed! First class in my book. We'll done guys!

3  Thank ArtySin

Reviewed May 24, 2014

We were on a day trip to Veurne from Poole, visiting family. We walked to the square from the marina area and had two dogs with us. Chose the restaurant as there was plenty of room between tables. Carlos welcomed us, immediately pushed two tables together, so the dogs could sleep in the shade. We perused the menu and an English version was produced. We only wanted a light lunch so two us of opted for scampi which was beautifully served in a piquant sauce, so good I used endive to scoop every last drop.My brother had steak tartare and my husband had Salad Nicoise. Frites and salad were served in separate bowls. A beautiful touch was an appetiser
of salmon with curry sauce whilst our main course was prepared. Probably the best lunch I have had this century!

2  Thank Elaine B
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We ate here yesterday evening. We had booked in advance and were warmly welcomed and shown to a window table, which gives wonderful views of the town hall all lit up and were offered English menus which was a huge relief! There were beautiful olives marinated in garlic on the table and an amuse bouche of salmon mousse to welcome us, both lovely. We ordered Cote a l'os for two, which is similar to rib on the bone and it was huge, we took at least half back for our dog! It was beautiful, perfectly cooked and very tasty as were the chips and salad that accompanied it. I can recommend the house red, a merlot, very palatable and most of all the service which was friendly and attentive, just what you want.

We will be back.... and thank you for the ice too.

1  Thank Suzanne C
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We recently enjoyed an excellent meal at Brasserie Lowie, mine host was professional and charming and our fellow guests were friendly and we would recommend this restaurant wholeheartedly.

4  Thank Sandra H
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Super bistro , service first class and the food beautifully prepared. Recommend the chef's steak tartare

3  Thank Paul W