“Exquisite Italian cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Milord

Milord
Ranked #14 of 106 Restaurants in De Panne
Cuisines: Italian, Belgian, Pizza, Mediterranean, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Werchter, Belgium
“Exquisite Italian cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We first visited the restaurant after a show on the promenade. I was going to go for a late snack (22h30), until I smelled the delicious odors of the table next to me. I couldn't help asking them what they've ordered, and it turned out to be the "Tagliatelle dello Chef", so I immediately ordered the same.

It was truly one of the finest pasta's I've had in a very long time. Everything they make is fresh, and the seasoning made it exquisite. My wife ordered the pizza of the house (Pizza Suprême Milord), and she told me it was the best pizza she's ever had.

We came back 2 days later with friends, and it was no problem making a reservation for a table during rush hour on a Saturday. On this second visit again, everything was superb for all four of us, including entrees.

The service was very warm and friendly, constantly checking if everything was alright. Even during the more busy times, we never fell short of anything. The owner and chef (I presume) both checked in regularly, and stopped by later on the evening for a friendly chat. As far as I've heard, they're fluent in Dutch, French, English, German and Italian.

The price level is just fine for a sea-side restaurant, having spent about 35 euro per person for entrees, main course and drinks for 3 hours. They also offer a take-away for the pizza's.

So if you're ever in De Panne or the vicinity and craving Italian (or just some fine correct cuisine), this restaurant is definitely worth your visit!

• Visited July 2013

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“End of the Prom Show”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

The bonus for this restaurant is the outstanding service which makes a simple meal memorable. The pizzas are generously filled and delicious, plus there are plenty of daily items on offer to widen the choice beyond pizza and pasta. We're going back tonight to take a light starter and dip into the desserts which look tantalising. If you stroll westwards along the Promenade it's right at the end - a perfectly situated venue for an alfresco seaside meal.

• Visited July 2013