“Spectacular and one-of-a-kind!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing evening and dinner at Le Flore De Panne. It's a small, charming place with lovely atmosphere. The owners are a couple, Monsieur the Chef and Madame the hostess. Service was attentive and friendly. Children were very welcomed. We had the tasting menu with wines. Everything was cooked and prepared to perfection with fresh local and some mediterranean ingredients. My favorite dishes were the Ravioli with fresh asparagus and black truffles, one the best dishes I have ever tasted. The North Sea Sole was insanely delicous with really beautiful presentation. I just can't make up anything to complain. Price range is a bit less or typical fine dining, but the price/quality ratio was excellent. Trully recommended!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed July 17, 2017

I eat at the Flore on a regular basis. This place hasn't changed for many years, which is actually a good point. The "Bip Gourmand" menu (38€) is always satisfying. The chef explores a gastronomic but simple path with a slice of sofistication.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed April 17, 2017

If you want a fancy dinner when in town, visit this restaurant: fine dining, nice surroundings and friendly staff.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed April 3, 2016

Le Flore simply doesn't deliver on its promise - at least not when we were there. It's an unattractive place, with outdated and worn wood paneling that simply doesn't match, and tables way too close to one another. Service was very friendly but slow. And the food was mainly a disappointment.

We took the Menu Gourmand and first got a surprising, subtle combination of appetizers. After that, our starter was probably the most ridiculous dish I've ever had: a mix of cooked baby carrot, chopped carrot, carrot sorbet, langoustine, raw minced meat, lentils, samphire and tartar sauce. There was not a single combination of these ingredients that made any sense in my mouth. Our main was half a lobster for which we paid 8€ extra but which turned out to be half a baby lobster. The preparation with a few token pieces of green asparagus failed to impress. The combination of mango preparations which my companion had as a dessert was pretty good, but my crème brulée was running - more sauce than crème - and the crust was literally burnt. Finally the tiny sweets we got with our cioffee looked great but tasted like they were old.
I feel bad writing this since the staff was really very friendly. But when 4 out of 6 dishes disappoint, you can't just say "probably a bad day".

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed March 12, 2016 via mobile

Food was nice to People Who wants taste differently normal flaveurs, waitress have very good explained the menu, not expensive but the portions are not big cause it is molleculaire kitchen, little spots of a mousse a little spoon of a fancy crumble etc...
The only what i didnt like was the ambiance noisy for the very little restaurant 2 tables round us were more occupied of us than their plat you cannot maintein a conversation without everyone listen, of well like us we didnt say a lot of the 2 hours we spent, for my Birthday.

Date of visit: October 2015