See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2015 via mobile

When we informed the landlady that we would not pay 165 euro a person for diner in an affiliated hotel on New Years eve,she told us she would restrain our mobility to our rooms while she had in advance promised that accommodation,including swimming pool and sauna would be available. After negotiation,she said being willing to allow us access to a meeting room if only we paid electricity. Then she said that maybe she would allow us access to the swimming pool by outside access in the mid of wintertime,rather 'unpractical' with a baby of 5 and one of 9 months. At check out she claimed supplements for having used the couch in the rooms to have a child sleeping on it while she had been well informed in advance and contrary to her own price quote. Very unpleasant experience:the setting that is rather nice turns worthless because of her frustrated behaviour. To bad for her.

Date of stay: December 2014
1  Thank Fienvanparys
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Pro
- the hotel is situated in a very calm and nice environment. Of course it's 2-3 kms from the sea or the city center.
- Breakfast: I would describe it as a normal breakfast for a 3-stars hotel.
- hotel and rooms were very clean
- the hotel has a swimming pool and a sauna. When it's raining in Belgium, it's a good alternative

Con
- I would advise the host to follow a course of social skills. She was absolutely not friendly when we arrived. We arrived at 2.30PM and she told us that the rooms were not ready. OK, fine for me, but when I asked when they would be ready, she could not tell us, the only thing she could tell me ....'in a few moments'. Is this 10 min., is this 1 hour..... ? The answer she gave me was in a quite arrogant way that cleaning rooms takes time.
And it seems that this way of her reactions is not the first time. See also some reviews below.
This is the first time I was treated like that. Who's is the client ?
- Kindness was also missing during the dinner. The food was good (except the dessert was not like it must be, but OK, this can happen). You only have 1 fix menu. There's no cart.

The only person who was very friendly was the cleaning lady. She showed us the rooms, she told us the times to eat in a very open and very friendly way !! Super, that's what a client expect !
So my suggestion to the host: promote your cleaning lady to the reception desk !

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2014

In the middle of nowhere, with the pros (silence, view, much room around) and cons (you need a bike (which you can rent on the premises) or a car (3 kms to DeHaan). A lovely tidy hotel, recently refurbished, with all you can expect from a ***, plus a pool sufficient for 4 users. Room modern, tidy and, of course, silent, equipment of the hotel and breakfast ok. Cycles can be stored in the barn, parking lot for cars.
But it was the first time we feeled considered as a nuisance in a hotel... Perhaps the tenant had a personal problem? But the hotel is ok.

Room tip: well, room 3 has no protection from the shower. So expect a slippery bathroom..
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Philippe S
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Although we arrived at midnight, the lady was very gracious in waiting up for us. I was travelling with my family which includes 2 young children, so we went for the family room. The room was clean and tidy. It also has a wonderful swimming pool, which was much loved by the children! The breakfast was also excellent, with a large choice of breads, jams, meat etc.

The only negative is that I am not sure that at €275 a night for a family room that this represents great value. The rooms are obviously fairly new and well looked after, however they were quite spartan, and I would also have liked a proper shower.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Very friendly family hotel. Nice pool. But the pool closes at 8pm and the sauna closes at 6pm so for a late check in it is a bit of a pitty.
The dinner was nice, nothing fancy but decent food and excellent wine.
We will be back.