“Worst place ever”
Review of La Potiniere

La Potiniere
Ranked #4 of 9 things to do in De Haan
Reviewed August 14, 2013

It looks like a decent place. But beware. If you like toilet-obsessed imbeciles, this is the place to come.

My daughter had to go to the toilet really urgent so i told her to go, and that i would pay in the meanwhile. Hell broke loose as i get shouted at, that she should pay first. Standing in line with a euro in my hand was defenitely not a proof that i was willing to pay. Any reasoning didn't help neither. What a bad experience.

If i look at my fellow trip-advisors, they share my opinion about this place. Avoid at all cost

10  Thank Michaelvmx1

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Just read all the negative reviews abt this place but dont think they are fair.
Regarding the toilets, the park can be soooo busy, I do understand they cannot be opened to non customers, hence the 1€ charge.
Service can be cold and distant, very Belgian in a way, but we've been coming for years on and off season, and we never had any issues withe the staff.
True they could be nicer, which they are off season :))

Now look at it as the best place to be in De Haan with kids. Rent a funny kids bike from Andre, then head to Potiniere, sit in the sun and enjoy your drink while kids exhausts themselves playing.

Foodwise, I would not recommed it, been there dozens of time but only ate once some tasteless pasta. Just go there for a coffee or a drink :)

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Well what can you say, you visit a bar, sit outside in the sun, order a few drinks and about an hour later just before you leave, you go to use the toilets.

Only there is a turnstile in the way and its 1 € to go through! Even for customers.

OK you get a ticket where you can get a 1€ discount on your drinks but if you are leaving.... To quote dodgeball "It is as usefull as a c*ck flavored lollypop".

Just for that i would say ... Stay away from this bar they will rip you off and the service is terrible

13  Thank Zatlapper
Reviewed August 15, 2012

A busy and messy coffee place housted in a nice public park. The kind of place one would relax and probably feel welcome if not spotted his French accent ! My 5 year old Brazilian son once tried to enter their (?) toilets leaving his one euro fee on top of their out of order toll machine. He was caught and expelled by a waiter shouting at him before I could get in between. This poorly educated man justified himself saying he had left a note on the machine. Before I could explain him my son did not speak flamisch nor French and nor could he read, he spoted my French accent and simply expelled us repeating on and on in De Haan we speak flamisch. Well we have learned that indeed the hard way ! Detesting Flamisch little spirit at its best there ... Unfortunately every day more common and promoted. I will make sur I spend my euros somewhere else. Absolutely desgusting behaviour from this soft drinks waiter ...

13  Thank JFSauveur
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The location is quite nice and ideal for families with smaller kids that can play in the park close by.
There are also some tennis courts and a mini-golf in the same park.

1  Thank Aljoscha S