“Fantastic shelter from the rain”
Review of Dams Broodhuys

Dams Broodhuys
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Damme
Cuisines: Belgian, Dutch, Cafe, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic shelter from the rain”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stopped here for lunch hoping the rain would stop before we cycled back to Bruges. The service was fantastic, with delicious food and lovely surroundings. I would definitely recommend for lunch or for a coffee and cake.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank A_happy_customer2011

Grantham, United Kingdom
“Lovely cakes!!”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We only had time for cakes and coffee here... the cakes were beautiful, looked and tasted lovely... coffee was perfect... and what an excellent view whilst we ate. Very friendly service also. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Les M
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“The reviews weren't wrong!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I was determined to find this cake/coffee shop (not hard to do) on our visit to Damme after reading the glowing reviews - unusual as we like to wander and 'fall into' a place that feels right for us but the pictures looked so inviting I thought we needed to try.
We hadn't had a decent coffee since we got to Belgium so I was getting a bit dubious of the claims in the review but I was so glad my worries were unfounded- don't get me wrong I'm not a 'must have a coffee' addict, but I do enjoy the occasional latte especially when out and about.
The coffee, fruit tart and chocolate cake were delicious and the outdoor seating a great place to relax and watch the world go by, so much so I didn't want to leave...in fact we came back later for another coffee and shared a delicious ham and cheese baguette for a late lunch. Nothing seemed to much trouble for the owner and the little 'tasters' were delicious.

2 Thank Helga G
Perth, Australia
“Amazing!!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

On a family trip we stumbled upon this small tea shop and the pastries were some of the best I have ever had in my life. They were to die for and the ladies who run the shop were lovely and authentic, they indulged us by allowing us to sample some of their newer cakes which again were divine!! The tea was the best I have had in Europe and came in the most intriguing cup. I would definitely recommend this cafe to everyone!! You cannot make a trip to Brugge or Damme without coming here :)

2 Thank Tessa L
Guildford, Surrey, England
“Worthy of its position”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

My wife and I called in here on the basis of reviews and it fully lived up to its number 1 position. My wife and I both had a salad baguette, freshly made and filled with precisely what we wanted, nothing was too much trouble. Very pleasant staff, reasonable prices and very good service.

2 Thank bracknellcrew