“See only the cave! No extra”
Review of The Cave of Han

The Cave of Han
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Estate of the Caves of Han is an encounter with real nature and the most magical things that it has to offer you. Visit the Cave of Han and venture into the Wild Animal Reserve ... Wonder guaranteed!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

The caves are huge and beautiful ! I've seen a few similar caves in the U.S. and France and these are the best !
The other attractions are a reap off . The safari tour and the 4 D movie are a waist of your money and time!
I highly recomend the cave and that's it !!!

2  Thank PLDI63

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Absolutely worth going to ( just the caves) coz all the rest is really poor entertainment and meant for young schoolkids. Avoid high season and be prepared at the end of the tour for a begging guide. Furthermore don't eat in the village ( expensive and poor quality), Oh yes, the caves are pretty cold !!

1  Thank kuifje1
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was Verry impressed with the enormous ancient caves, this is definitely a must-see for all who are a bit interested in nature. Had a fun guide, the caves were beautiful and intriguing.

At a sudden moment the guide puts out the lights in a gigantic underground hall, through which the river flows very loudly. This was terrifyingly beautiful, a moment I wont forget lightly.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We decided with some friends to experience the night with the bears!!! It was the best choice of how to spend a grat moment and share a unique experience with friends and kids. After having done a private visit of the cave with a very professional guide, we crossed a field in the most beautiful valley in Belgium to reach our camp. The bears were as expected huge!!! The organisation was perfect. We choose the pierrade and the dinner was perfect! The service was outstanding, Simon taking care of us and the 10kids, helping us and making of our stay a unique experience. In the morning after having had a huge breakfast we made a tour of the reserve and went feeding the wolfes! Again a "once in your life experience"! I have only one advice do it!!!!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We bought 2 adults + 2 children tickets and it came at 52 euros. Overpriced in my opinion but I'm starting to find that most European attractions are priced around this range. The tram that takes you to the mouth of the cave was nice (about 5 min) and it leaves every 30 min from the ticket office. Be prepared for a man or woman to come up to you and your family and take a picture with a parakeet. We did it but afterwards I felt bad for the birds. As you come out of the cave, they'll show you the pictures and you can buy one for 6 euros (ridiculous). If they would sell them for 3 euros each, I'm sure they would make more money. Maybe I should have asked.

Anyway, moving on to the cave experience... you are split into 2 groups (French or Dutch). Our guide was very nice and knowledgeable. His great great great grandfather discovered one of the rooms circa 1858. You are allowed to take pictures at your own pace and I found the rooms are each unique and beautiful. However, they do save the best for last. At the end of the tour (lasted about 60-75 min) you are led into a huge room which made the visit worthwhile. Our kids (4 and 7) were tired and wanted to go home about 45 min into it so I think perhaps this is too long for young children who get bored quickly. But they are rewarded because on the short walk back to the village, there is a large playground where they can run and have fun.

Overall, a good experience but I still think it's overpriced for what it is. I recommend wearing good shoes or rain boots (I wore Hunters and they weren't slippery at all) mostly because it's wet and there are several stairs, use the bathroom before boarding the tram (you have to pay 40 cents) because after that you are SOL, and if the kids get bored, tell them that if they are good they'll play to their heart's content at the playground and get ice cream or frites.

2  Thank Christine S