Salons Waerboom
$76
$67
Hotel Victory(Groot-Bijgaarden)
TripAdvisor
B&B Zen Your Life(Groot-Bijgaarden)
  • Pool
Gosset Hotel(Groot-Bijgaarden)
Hotel Brussels(Groot-Bijgaarden)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I made a last minute booking, as my meeting got rescheduled from Rotterdam to Brussels with a few days notice and I urgently needed some hotel in the area. Therefore, when making reservation I did not notice it says "room in the annex". Perhaps if I did, I would not really bother, because annex for me means just a different building, so in the worst case scenario it means you need to go outside to reach breakfast.
Not in Waerboom. The lady walked me about 300 metres with a path through corn fields, unlit at night. Then, in the middle of this Stephen King book scenery, stood a small house with a few appartments in it.
The appartment in itself was really nice, with living / working area and bedroom, big terrace, small kitchenette, nicely decorated and clean. No noise from the main road to be heard. Unfortunately when I picked up the phone, I heard nothing at all. I contacted the reception with my mobile and found out that the cables have been cut recently and this cannot be fixed during my stay. I needed to make a couple of business phone calls; I ended up doing them from the reception.
I was scared to death sleeping there; if my friends would not have driven me by car, I would even not dare to walk alone from the annex to have dinner in the restaurant. Also, I could see no alarm in the room, so if someone just walked to my glass terrace using the stairs leading into the corn fields and broke in, no one would even notice...
I asked for a discount for the non-working phone, but I only got 6 EUR for the whole stay (2 nights).
Breakfast was good, the common area ok, probably if I stayed in the main building my experience would have been much different. But if you're a single woman with a tendency to get scared at night, avoid the annex.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Aleksandra_Anna
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

The room I had was tiny with barely any room to move. During the night I had 2 options, leave the window open and listen to the incredibly busy E40 or close the window and suffocate with the heat. Not a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Very nice hotel, refurnished barn with basic comfortable room and excellent breakfast. Restaurant is simple, limited choice and a bit expensive for what it is but good.
Location : The hotel is located in the country side, so very peacefull and nice break. for these who look for a central location to visit brussels, the hotel is far and requires taxi or a car
Room : overall comfortable, nice bed, small room with some having limited headroom. TV does not have BBC news or CNN or French channels. Complimentary bottle of water but no tea or coffee. No dressing goan. a bit noisy when neighbourgh speaks in corridors
Bathroom : nice and clean, however limited space and no bodylotion or other kit
Breakfast : a strong point : good choice of pastries, fresh orange juice, well cooked eggs, fresh fruits.
Services : now spa is available, free wifi
Quality of personnal : overall nice, but could be warmer welcome
Restaurant : good food, however basic, quite expensive and limited choice

Room Tip: Rooms located in the building outside the road are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I am staying one night per week at the hotel in Brussels but since my regular hotel was full, i had to stay at the Waerboom. Though the outside environment is nice, the rooms are quite old fashioned, rustical and noisy. My experience at the restaurant was a disaster. There is no individual table for 2, I had to wait 20mn for the waiter to take my order, I order fish but I got pork... The breakfast buffet is nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The room is rustique and was big enough. Altough there was some dust on the screen and the mirror and in the corners i can not say it was filthy.
I organised an event there for the company and we had a roomblock of 15 rooms out of 35. Other guests were enthousiast.
Friendly staff for breakfast. The buffet is nicely presented and offers a wide choice.
One mistake however, they charged my director of the north of the world even though i send an email stating to put it on company invoice.

Room Tip: Depending on the events happening you might have some musical noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business