“B&B review: Great value alternative and friendly staff!”
Review of Das Reinisch Hotel

Das Reinisch Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Schwechat
Kings Lynn
“B&B review: Great value alternative and friendly staff!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I'm really pleased, for once, that I didn't read the reviews on-line otherwise I would have probably chosen elsewhere to stay - and would have missed out on this quiet little gem!
Das Reinisch is split over 3 buildings in a quiet town very close to the airport (a 7-10 minute journey). The hotel houses the reception, bar and restaurant but I stayed in the B&B building about 200m down the street - which is far better value. All the hotel facilities are available to B&B customers - including free coffee - but at a lower cost (you do have to walk to the hotel for your free coffee).
Unlike another reviewer I thought the restaurant menu was very reasonably priced (although I'm comparing this to the NH Hotel on-airport which is hideously expensive).
And the staff were very friendly and really made this a pleasant stay.

The downside - the decor in the B&B is dated - but the rooms were comfortable and spotless. Nothing to dislike.

Wish I had known before I went: Contact the hotel from the airport and they'll send a shuttle bus for you (€7) rather than getting a taxi (€15).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Claire H
teder, Geschäftsführer at Das Reinisch Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us a positive Feedback.

We are very happy that the efforts of improving our quality standards and the new hotel facilities are valued and making your stay in our Hotel successful and pleasant.
For the reason, that the B&B 3* Hotel is 200 meters walking distance away from our new renovated main 4* Hotel with more included services we therefore can offer a lower price for the B&B Hotel.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at our Hotels.

Bes regards,
Family Reinisch & Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Florence, Italy
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This place was definitely the worst experience I have ever had in an Austrian Hotel!
I have been going to so many hotels since I live very close to the border, and I always had an impeccable service with this wonderful culture.
Unfortunately, this was not the case for Das Reinisch! We saw pictures online and it looked amazing, but when we got there they hosted us to a different place half mile away from the main building. The wonderful SPA turned out to be only a sauna, which in August there was a sauna in every room since there was no air conditioning!!!
The worst!? Finding two BEES inside our room!!! When we spoke to the manager, the only thing that he could tell us was that it was normal to find bees inside rooms! Finally we were to get only a 10% discount from the bill!
So far away from the city and not that close from the airport! Stay away

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send us a feedback for your stay one year ago in 2012!

The DAS REINISCH Complex consists of 3 Hotels in the same place - Schwechat/Mannswörth - (4* Main Building, 3* B&B and Serviced Apartments).
You booked a room for your last years stay in our 3* B&B which is 200 meters walking distance away from the 4* Main building. This 200 meters are mentioned everywhere and visible in all booking systems.

Additionally the B&B is located directly to the National park "Donau Auen", for which the authorities and local government are supporting the natural variety of the fauna and flora in this naturale reserve.
Although the windows of our rooms have fly screens, we as hotel owner, have no influence on insects.
The Problem was solved immedately by us by removing the bees and in addition we granted you a 10% discount to the room price which was accepted by you.

Best regards,

Family Reinisch & TEAM

Travelers are raving about these Schwechat hotels

Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have to book this hotel thru Hotels.com and I feel that I have been overcharged. I booked a double bed room, which was located in the building across of the main. The room was large and the weather was very bad/ cold - 55 degrees F/ 12 degrees C so, the temperature in the room horrible cold. I have to put 2 pair of pants, 2 tee-shirts, 2 hoodies/ jackets, covered with blanket in order to get worm. I couldn't stay for a long so, I asked for a portable heater and they did not have one. The hotel stuff looked to find one for probably half hour and they couldn't find one. Then, I asked for changing the room in the main building where was worm and nice. I got a very small room/ single bed and it was worm but I was charged for a doubled bed so, I did not get any money back/ the difference between single and doubled bed. Anyway, I was surprised when they told me that the central heat turns on automatically on the evening when is very cold, well it did not happen. The central heat remained cold before I went to bed around 10 pm. I slept with the bathrobe in order to stay worm. Regarding the shuttle service - no additional comments/ details provided how and where to pay so, I paid the driver ten euro and no change, then the front desk asked I to pay again and I told them I paid the driver, I did not know that I have to pay at the front desk. On the next morning they asked I to pay seven euro and I did but overall my shuttle service cost me seventeen euros instead of fourteen euros. Overall it cost me a lot more then I expected. I paid more for what I got - single bed and I paid for double. The second room I got was clean but in the refrigerator I found an empty water bottle so, the housekeeper did not replaced with a new one. I can't find how much cost a single bed room so, I can ask for a partial refund. Basically, I have been overcharged for what I got - a single bed. The front desk - friendly, the restaurant - friendly, the food - delicious, the lobby - coffee, tea, water, laptop, printer, all of these for free. I couldn't charge my iPhone thru outlet because it has USA charger. It will be nice the hotel stuff to offer an international chargers and to add this option in their web site/ or in the hotel description. For me this hotel is no more then 2 or 3 stars but not for 4 stars. If I have to book again a room in Vienna, I would definitely avoid Das Reinisch Hotel. I wouldn't recommend to friends or family.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the main building; Prepare for a room service charges - five euros; Bring with you...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time for sending us your feedback.
Due to technical reasons it is unfortunately not possible to turn ON the heating system in summer time within 24 hours. Normally the temperature in Austria is at this time in the year much more higher than 12 °C and this is the reason why the heating system is turned OFF.
Our Airport Shuttle costs for hotel guests € 7.00 per way. A regular taxi costs minimum € 15.00 per way.
Your complaint about your transfer payments is absolutely inexplicable for us.

Furthermore, we would like to inform you that all our rooms are newly renovated and therefore are equipped with at least queen size beds.

Best regards,
Adelphi, Maryland
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel by the airport at Vienna, to be close by for a very early departure the following morning. The cab dropped us off and there were 7 steps to get into the building, no ramps. Then we checked in, and then more steps to go down and out to the car park walk across that to the rooms building, where we were on the 2nd floor. 3 flights of stairs. There was no help, no ramp or lift no nothing. The room was really small. So small that we had to leave the luggage in the entry way. The bathroom was the size of a airplane lavatory so taking a shower meant that you constantly bumped the water temperature handle. The staff were there, and did provided trash can when asked. We signed up for the airport shuttle, that is supposed to run 24 hrs, for 04:00. They arrived after the staff called, at 04:35.
All and all, I think you can do better for $190.17 .

Room Tip: Can not recommend the Hotel unless you like carrying your bags.
teder, Geschäftsführer at Das Reinisch Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

at first we want to thank you for the time you spent, writing an constructive comment about us.
Regarding your comment about the lifts, is the situation that we have two Hotels and lifts only in our main Building.

We´ll see that as a pleasent to get better for the future and hope you will come back again at your next trip to Vienna.

Skopje, Macedonia
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I am very pleased with our stay at the Reinisch Hotel. It is a business type of a hotel with simple but modern rooms, stable and free Wi Fi, business facilities at disposal, and good location - close to the airport. Above all, the hotel has excellent staff and service. My agent who booked the hotel for me has made a serious mistake with the booking. Hotel staff however immidiatelly reacted and I got the room I expected to receive in 10 minutes.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andrijana74
Dear Guest,

Actual we have refreshed all rooms at our 4* Hotel with warm colours and new furniture.

We looking forward to welcome you again at your next trip to Vienna at our Hotel.

Manchester
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a business seminar. It is approx. 5 mins in a taxi from the airport and 20-25 mins from Vienna centre. It costs 30-35 euros for a taxi into Vienna. The hotel is clean and well laid out. The bedrooms are basic but comfortable. The food was very good in the evenings and breakfast was typical European. There is a restaurant approx 5 mins walk away, out of hotel, turn right.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Actualy we have refreshed all our rooms at our 4* Hotel with warm colours and new furniture.
At your next trip at our hotel taste our own restaurant with regional austrian kitchen.

We looking forward to welcome you again at your next trip to Vienna.

Tahlequah, OK
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Booked this as it was advertised as an airport hotel. It is not, in fact it is so remote that my taxi driver got list trying to find it. Once there it is decent, but pretty spartan. There is a cafe/bar and the food is decent but overpriced.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

Our Hotel is 3.5km located from the International Vienna Airport. Please use for your next trip to us our 24H indiviudal Airport Shuttle. Our reception team will be assist you.

Family Reinisch & Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schwechat
NH Vienna Airport Conference Center
#1 of 6 in Schwechat
City Hotel Albrecht
City Hotel Albrecht
#3 of 6 in Schwechat

Been to Das Reinisch Hotel? Share your experiences!