Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
$115
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
$93
No booking fees
All reviews his wife visit hallstatt friendly hotel bottled water ham yogurt private bathroom lake train inhabitants summer cheese europe tourists
Selected filters
Reviewed May 24, 2019 via mobile

It’s a lovely place to stay especially you live in a room with lake view. Fascinating lake view whenever you look outside the balcony. Basic amenities are available in the hotel. Managers tried to help with your every concern like the transportation to Hallstatt or other railway station. Although it’s a bit upset that they said ship is available on the day but turns out ship is not available, I guess it’s the ship company’s problem instead? (Considering it is a sunny day)
But honestly, transportation is very limited in terms of the timetable: bus is not frequent departing from the hotel if you check-in directly instead of going to Hallstatt first; it’s also very troublesome if you need to catch a train between 12 and 4 pm because of the bus timetable; taxi is accessible but make sure you can call them and willing to pay 15 euros for a 10-minute ride; as I mentioned earlier, ship is not available everyday even on weekdays, even it’s a sunny day I can’t take a ship between Obertraun and Hallstatt!
Anyway, it’s good to stay here if you have plenty of time to enjoy the lake view.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank PokHoC
Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

He put a time limit for check in and he couldnt wait for 15 minutes. If you experience something extra ordinary and cant make it to the check in deadline, he will charge you for the full amount!!!!! He is the worst manager i have ever seen!!!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
18  Thank Senosss
Reviewed December 14, 2018 via mobile

This was a very good deal. Breakfast was great and quiet room with beautiful lake view. Stay here and bus to Halstatt. Friendly staff and spectacular views! We all had aovely time playing g in the snow. Great wifi for streaming movies and we left feeling grateful.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2018

Planned a wonderful European trip with spouse. Loved the location of this hotel.
Went with another couple-booked two separate nights but had to cancel one due to change of plans. Cancellation window is one month out - missed it by less than 24 hours. Booking.com even tried to convince this racist miser to refund us the extra night but he refused - and quite rudely by tone of his emails. Fine. I accepted it as my fault. I did not, however, cancel it as I figured if he would not refund my night stay, no way was I going to let him make money on another booking. Well he did not like that. Yelled at me when I checked in following night. Also yelled at me because I tried to help young Korean woman who was attempting to check in ahead of me. She was alone, crying, and using an app to try and communicate. She was early 20s and so in over her head. He told me he did not appreciate that I did not cancel night before and that my help was not wanted with this young lady. Really? I am a mom of daughters. I would hope that someone would try to console and reassure them if they had problem. The room was TINY - not that we needed large room but not even space to open travel size suitcases. And like previous reviews stated - toiletries and toilet paper left much to be desired. Next day upon check out - was told again that my help was not appreciated and I was a "typical American" and to go back to TRUMPLAND!!!
Quite honestly this host was by far the rudest I have ever encountered in my 50 years - and the most racist. Interesting how he was so rude to the Asian guests, and American. There are many options for lodging in this area. This place should be at the absolute bottom.

Room tip: Don't even bother. Not worth it.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
14  Thank deeuhrich
Reviewed October 26, 2018

our room has a lake view so that made up for things.
other than that, take note there is no fridge and you can hear the noises from outside your door, breakfast was limited if you are not fussy it will be ok, no lift by the way, no shampoo refill even after requesting.
if you like having lake view for your room you can stay there.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank germainelch
mfjg1967, Manager at Hotel Haus Am See, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2018

yours guest - you told to the housekeeping "no cleaning of the room" ! your complain is really strange ! our breakfast is also not limited ! May be you have a limited vocabluary or you might forgot your own done action ! if you have a look on our webside on booking.com it is also listed that we have no elevator !