Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
$115
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
$93
No booking fees
All reviews his wife visit hallstatt friendly hotel bottled water ham yogurt private bathroom lake train inhabitants summer cheese europe tourists
Selected filters
Reviewed December 14, 2018 via mobile

This was a very good deal. Breakfast was great and quiet room with beautiful lake view. Stay here and bus to Halstatt. Friendly staff and spectacular views! We all had aovely time playing g in the snow. Great wifi for streaming movies and we left feeling grateful.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2018

Planned a wonderful European trip with spouse. Loved the location of this hotel.
Went with another couple-booked two separate nights but had to cancel one due to change of plans. Cancellation window is one month out - missed it by less than 24 hours. Booking.com even tried to convince this racist miser to refund us the extra night but he refused - and quite rudely by tone of his emails. Fine. I accepted it as my fault. I did not, however, cancel it as I figured if he would not refund my night stay, no way was I going to let him make money on another booking. Well he did not like that. Yelled at me when I checked in following night. Also yelled at me because I tried to help young Korean woman who was attempting to check in ahead of me. She was alone, crying, and using an app to try and communicate. She was early 20s and so in over her head. He told me he did not appreciate that I did not cancel night before and that my help was not wanted with this young lady. Really? I am a mom of daughters. I would hope that someone would try to console and reassure them if they had problem. The room was TINY - not that we needed large room but not even space to open travel size suitcases. And like previous reviews stated - toiletries and toilet paper left much to be desired. Next day upon check out - was told again that my help was not appreciated and I was a "typical American" and to go back to TRUMPLAND!!!
Quite honestly this host was by far the rudest I have ever encountered in my 50 years - and the most racist. Interesting how he was so rude to the Asian guests, and American. There are many options for lodging in this area. This place should be at the absolute bottom.

Room tip: Don't even bother. Not worth it.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
14  Thank deeuhrich
Reviewed October 26, 2018

our room has a lake view so that made up for things.
other than that, take note there is no fridge and you can hear the noises from outside your door, breakfast was limited if you are not fussy it will be ok, no lift by the way, no shampoo refill even after requesting.
if you like having lake view for your room you can stay there.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank germainelch
mfjg1967, Manager at Hotel Haus Am See, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2018

yours guest - you told to the housekeeping "no cleaning of the room" ! your complain is really strange ! our breakfast is also not limited ! May be you have a limited vocabluary or you might forgot your own done action ! if you have a look on our webside on booking.com it is also listed that we have no elevator !

Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful hetels, but the manager needs to improve service mind. When reading the reply comments, I would like to ask the manager, "Are you in the position to complain and offend your guests? Who are you to treat the customers like that?"

This is the basic principle of marketing you need to learn to give respect to the guests.
As a service provider, you should learn how to treat your customers appropriately. Please see this as a great feedback to improve, not only mine but also the other complaints. Accept the truth. Learn with it.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
7  Thank Dora D
mfjg1967, Manager at Hotel Haus Am See, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2018

yours ghost writer - inside our review score of booking.com we already reached a very well score within more than real 2.500 reviews ! With your documentation you try to get an impression that you will know about principle of marketing and hotel buisiness ! If you try to improve our point of view we recommend to start with yourself ! In our country we use to say "if you sweep with your broom in front of your own door it will be done everywhere " - Your social media reommondation or socila media complain shows that you know nothing about hotel buisness ! For more improving management skills or higher management levels we advice you to take some more lessons !

Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

If you expect to enjoy a nice trip, do not book this hotel.
No service mind!
No any service!
No refund!
Only Rude manager/owner you will see!
Do not believe in the high score. This is a trap!!!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
10  Thank Maneerat P
mfjg1967, Manager at Hotel Haus Am See, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

You did not send a notice that you will arrive after check in time ! if you will make a call or send a message that you will arrive late the hotel will provide a late night check in service ! your documentation is primitive ! Our review score on booking.com is real with more than 2.500 reviews (independent reviews). Your review content shows us that you still ingnore your own failure !