Romantik Hotel der Wiesenhof
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Pertisau
Reviewed November 14, 2012

It was my 4th stay in this excellent family-run hotel. It is still one of the greatest small Austrian hotels I have stayed in. Nevertheless, there some issues making me trouble during my stay:

Guest structure has changed a bit. In the past years it was a very solid well-behaviored public. Now I could see some guests which don’t fit in this picture making a lot of noise both in the bar and in the wellness area, disturbing other guests and considering their holiday as the best time to get drunken. It would a good idea to have someone who would care about order in the sauna area.

The staff is still very welcoming, but not as friendly as they used to be in the past. For example, I was put at one table in the restaurant in the first day, and then just moved to another with no explaination and excuse at all.

I think that misxed guests and small service issues are the back side of the hotel popularity and can be improved very quickly. All in all, it is a great hotel and Mr. Entner and his team are trying hard to do a good job.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Konstantin72
johannes_entner, Owner at Romantik Hotel der Wiesenhof, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Konstantin,

Many thanks for your rating and your critical comments. We are sorry for all inconveniences caused and we will have a detailed look on these issues.

We look forward to welcoming you back and wish you a very nice day.

Best regards
Johannes Entner & the entire Wiesenhof Team

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I spent seven nights at the Hotel Wiesenhof in early September 2012. The experience was delightful!! The staff was welcoming and gracious, providing excellent service at the front desk, in the dining room, spa and throughout the hotel. They also helped us sort out local transportation to hiking trails. Our room was large with beautiful views and spotlessly clean. The spa was a superior facility. We particularly enjoyed the saunas, after long days of hiking. All the meals were delicious and provided a good variety of choices. We appreciated being able to have a sandwich packed each morning at breakfast by the staff to take on our daily hikes. Often we rushed back to the hotel so we would not miss the wonderful cakes served in the late afternoon.

We also appreciated that the hotel arranged for us to be picked up at the train station on our arrival and returned for our departure.

Hotel Wiesenhof is a first class accommodation and made our trip to a beautiful area an outstanding experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rita L
johannes_entner, Owner at Romantik Hotel der Wiesenhof, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Rita,

A big five star plus THANK YOU for this rating! I am very pleased that you mentioned all the topics which are so important for us too. I am happy that you loved your stay and that it was to your full satisfaction. I look very much forward to seeing you again.

All the best

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We keep going back year after year...........we always feel welcome and are well looked after by everyone! The hotel manages to create that magic balance of being run professionally in a friendly relaxed way. Food is consistently excellent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DucatiFifer696
johannes_entner, Owner at Romantik Hotel der Wiesenhof, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Thank you so much for your excellent rating and for your loyality! It is always our great pleasure having you with us and we look very much forward to your next stay.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have stayed here twice and would very happily stay again! Its a lovely hotel, clean, well appointed, large rooms, superb spa facilities and gym, wonderful food (and lots of it) and a great location with stunning views. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The spa facilities offer a range of treatments and the sauna / steam rooms are clean and well maintained. You can hire an e-bike which is a great way to get out into the mountains. I love this place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
johannes_entner, Owner at Romantik Hotel der Wiesenhof, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

It seems to be a good place to stay ;-) It was lovely having you here again and many thanks for your excellent rating!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a week in August 2011, with my mother-in-law in a nearby room. We all had a wonderful stay. It is a beautiful area, with lots of walking and trips nearby, and my husband and I also took a boat out on the lake, and took advantage of the hotel's bikes for an hour or two. The hotel and staff were very friendly, the rooms were clean and comfortable and a good size, overlooking the gardens and alpacas grazing below, with a view of the mountains beyond.
We enjoyed half-board and the food was excellent, kitchen and staff coping seamlessly with the rather restrictive dietary requirements of two of our party.
It was a wonderful stay. We shall certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank batgrrrl

Dear Sara,

I am glad that your family had a good time and that you will come and visit us again. Have a good time and see you next time!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife and I spent a very enjoyable week at this first class hotel. The location is terrific - set back from the Achensee in a quiet spot with great views all round of the lake and mountains. Our room could not have been better - a south facing, lake facing room with bags of space and a sitting area to boot. A choice of pillows should help those who find Austrian beds a little hard. Facilitiies are plentiful with a bar, library, small lounge, excellent spa, small swimming pool, garden, children's play room and boys toys room. The food will not disappoint. Great breakfasts with a daily special (smoked salmon, chocolate fountain one day !!) and dinners offering a choice of four daily menus well presented and expertly cooked. The hotel pushes its healthy eating menus and all dishes would satisy the hungriest of appetites without worrying the cholesterol count too much. Staff are very helpful, relaxed and cannot do enough for you. Add all that to Pertisau's undoubted charms and this is a hotel and resort that come highly recommended.

Room Tip: choose one that is lake facing and trade up to the best quality you can afford - the extra space is...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
johannes_entner, Owner at Romantik Hotel der Wiesenhof, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Peter,

What can I say after such a fantastic rating? THANK YOU so much. I will pass on your very friendly words to all employees. All of us look very much forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I spent ten days here and had a wonderful break. The surroundings are amazingly beautiful, with mountains and a lake to explore. On the days when I was feeling less energetic, I enjoyed lazing around in the garden or enjoying a massage or bath at the hotel spa. The service was friendly, and everyone seemed to have a good knowledge of Englsh, which was wonderful since I don't speak German.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
johannes_entner, Owner at Romantik Hotel der Wiesenhof, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Avril Margaret,

First of all many thanks for coming the long way from Australia to the Wiesenhof! It's fantastic that you enjoyed your stay with us and we send you our best regards to the other side of the world!

Best regards
Johannes Entner & the entire Wiesenhof team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pertisau
Alpine Wellnesshotel Karwendel
#7 of 19 in Pertisau
The Pfandler
The Pfandler
#11 of 19 in Pertisau

Been to Romantik Hotel der Wiesenhof? Share your experiences!