We travelled as part of an extended family trip (grandparents, parents, small children) to the greater Salzburg area. We had reserved two rooms and when we arrived were able to adjust them to be adjoining. The rooms were great with large comfy beds and the german style duvets. A balcony overlooking the courtyard that you could walk out onto and it also joined with the next room. The bathroom was well appointed also with a separate tub and shower.
We ate at the hotel for dinner the first night and both mornings. The meals were very good though a bit on the expensive side. The dinner meal was not the best for small children especially if they are rambunctious like mine are after being in a car all day, due to a quiet and cozy atmosphere that can be easily disrupted by noisy kids. The bar was well stocked and also had good snacks and lunch fare.
The pool/spa though...both are amazing. While not very big or deep, the infinity pool is plenty large for a few groups of people to do their own thing. The spa has 8 separate rooms for you to leisurely stroll between, finnish sauna, brine bath, cool down room, and more! An amazing way to spend an afternoon after skiing or other winter activities.
Speaking of other activities the proximity to Salzburg and the Alps was ideal as well. 20 min to the center of the city to see everything you could want to see. Although a cultural note, everything is closed on Sundays, so don't plan on accomplishing a whole lot then.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated above Lake Fuschl, with sweeping views of the Salzkammergut Mountains and a great location just 20 minutes from Mozart's birthplace—Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg, Hotel Jagdhof puts the region’s vibrant culture and natural beauty at your doorstep.Experience unforgettable moments in our gorgeous setting, with a wealth of amenities for business and leisure travelers—including a 9-hole golf course, fully-equipped wellness area with swimming pool, Jacuzzi, steam bath, fitness area and more. Enjoy delicious Austrian culinary specialties and beautiful views over the lake in our Restaurant Jagdhof. Sip a cocktail or a coffee at our Lobby Bar, which hosts regular live jazz performances. Hold an inspired event in one of our 12 state-of-the-art conference rooms, each offering direct access to the park and golf course.Thoughtful details and elegant furnishings make our 143 rooms and suites inviting and unique. Wake up in the morning, enjoy views of the lake and mountains, and feel right at home in a space designed with your comfort in mind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg Hotel Jagdhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jagdhof Hotel Hof Bei Salzburg
- Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg Hotel Jagdhof Salzburg Region, Austria