Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg Hotel Jagdhof
$559
$508
Orbitz.com
Gasthof zur Post(Hof bei Salzburg)
Kehlbauer(Hof bei Salzburg)
Gasthof Alte Tanne(Hof bei Salzburg)
Bauernhof Unterhofner(Hof bei Salzburg)
TripAdvisor
Golden Earth(Hof bei Salzburg)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsspg platinumschloss fuschlsister propertyfloor suiteseparate bathmain restaurantbeautiful poolclassic roomvery nice hoteltypical austrian foodmin driverolling hillsfront officebeautiful propertyattached restauranttwo night stayswimming pool is big
Reviewed September 21, 2013

It was by far one of the greatest expereiences in a hotel ever! I was attending one of my best friends weddings and the entire hotel and the castle were rented out for us. The service was spotless, everyone in the staff was always in a great mood and very complacent to the hundred and 1 demands of the guests. The spa and sauna are delicious after a hard night of partying! The view of the lake is spectacular and the open courtyard lends to friendly games outdoors! We got a Deluxe room with a shower and a tub and 2 full beds! The comforters were amazing! The reception, concierge and restaurant servers will always smiling and always in a good mood! It is located in Hoff, just 22 miles from Salzburg but I recommend this place, and the castle to anyone who comes to Salzburg! Quite the experience! Stayed a total of 5 days Mid September! The only comment is it does not have Air conditioning which for us was unnecessary since the weather was perfectly cool!

Room Tip: As for a room facing the lake and land!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
SchlossFuschlResort, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg Hotel Jagdhof, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Wedding Guest!

First of all I want to thank you for your recent stay with us during the wedding and for sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor community.
We were very pleased to read your warm feedback about our rooms, the service of the Hotel and not to forget our staff. It is one of our key priorities to maintain our standards on a very consistently high level. I am certain your compliments will further encourage our entire team to go the extra step in the future again.
Wishing you a beautiful autumn and looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Best regards,

Alexandra K. Mayer
Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Enjoyed six great days here by the shores of the beautiful Fuschlsee. Staff are unwaveringly polite, attentive, and professional. The hotel is in excellent condition throughout, and our room benefited from a dual aspect - while it did overlook the main road (with the mountain behind it), noise was not a problem due to the double-glazing. With no air-conditioning it might be a problem in the summer months however.
We used the pool area - most satisfactory, and very quiet during our stay.
In the bar service was efficient most of the time, although the team were rushed off their feet on the monthly jazz evening - an event which is not to be missed, and attended by the local great and good.
The location is just right for Salzburg if you don't want to stay in the town. Getting there by car takes about 20mins to the park & ride, and a cheap bus trip into the centre of town. This works perfectly, although if you wanted to spend everyday in Salzburg and didn't mind city traffic then a more central hotel might be preferable.
The food in the restaurant is good homely Austrian & Bavarian cuisine, but there is a range of lighter dishes too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here because we didn't have enough hotel points to stay in Salzburg, and I am so happy it turned out that way. What a lovely hotel. It is part of the Starwood "boutique and luxury" collection, I didn't know that before arriving. Basically that means, being a European hotel, that it is equivalent to a nice US hotel, not a US luxury hotel. The setting is wonderful though, and apparently there is a great deal of history to the hotel, sadly the book in our room was not in English. The pictures were great though! There were plenty of picturesque mountain/lake towns within a short drive, so it made a great launching point into those, and was only a 20-30 minute drive into the center of Salzburg. We had dinner and breakfast in the hotel restaurant and both were quite good. The service was dreadfully slow at dinner (we were there for over 3 hours, and over an hour lapsed between our appetizer and entree courses) but the servers said the kitchen was having some difficulty - we were actually fine just chatting and drinking, so it wasn't too painful of a wait, but we definitely started wondering after awhile. The breakfast was amazing, and well worth the money (not included if you use points). I fell in love with some sort of peppercorn covered cheese that I am afraid I had a little too much of...so good. Service at the front desk and in the bar was good. Room was clean, bathroom was wonderfully spacious, with both an enclosed shower and separate bath. Balconies were nice, although you could easily hear your neighbors when they were out there. Didn't matter much to us as we weren't in our room much. I would highly recommend this hotel and would return in a minute.

Room Tip: We had what was described as a "quiet" room and could not be upgraded to a room with a view. It was fine, though, we had a sideways view of the mountains...no big deal. Not sure what made it quiet though, but there wasn't a ton of noise from neighbors in the hallways, etc.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The room was adequate but a little "Travelodge" like considering the huge cost of it. The breakfast, something very important to me, was really rather disappointing. As someone who gets around Austria quite a bit I would say I've had better in places half the price. 250 euro's for Mum, Dad and toddler for one night! I expect to be blown away for that kind of money. Unfortunately I wasn't.

I will say that the staff were absolutely wonderful in our experience. Cheerful and always greeting. So that's one good thing.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is my email to the General Manager Mr. Paul Kernatsch..regarding the subject problem..sent AUGUST 13

Hi...

Please be advised that what happened today made me very sick..someting not acceptable at all by Sherston..laying in bed having nap and suddenly without any clue I received a call from reception late which is not even chicking out time asking us to leave with rude languge while we already asked for extention upon arrival and the receptionist agreed and offered us upgrade accordingly as we are staying long period...so it was clear from the bigining that we are staying untill the 18 th.. then immediately afer the call , the front office manager Miss Daniela Philipp, tried to get into the room and pushing the door trying to get in , is this profissional attitude??!!! My husband went immediately to reception to have an explanation!!!! After solving the problem again 2 house keeping staff a man and a woman invaded the room shouting and asking me to leave the room immediatly as per instructions from reception .. and they did not want to leave untill I told them I will complain to GM.. then I called you( the GM Mr. Paul Kernatsch) and explained to you...20 minutes later the mini bar man entered the room without notice while I am in the entrance not covered properly..I told him you should knock the door and wait at least view seconds untill you make sure no guest there..he shouted unpolitly..I noticed house keeping staff during my stay always get into the room without notice and permit.this hapened also the first day...they just invade the room..also..we had terrible check in and waisted a lot of time..also they served me pork at dinner with hard steak as a rock although I assure them 3 times ...it was terrible stay ..they kept saying sorry which will never heal the scary action ..now I am too sick of them to the point I cant see any of the rude staff..cant relax at all..defenetly this ruined my holiday...please I need your action as GM ...I want to move to the other hotel to be away from seing them and continue having pain..and cant eat or sleep...or you let us check out and leave without charges...please I need immediate reply before getting more sick and miss sleeping.....We were in Vienna Sofitel and the staff were extremely professional and polite to the point I asked to meet the GM Mr Moj Alexander and thank him in person and sent an email of appreciation to the mother company which also will be posted in Tripadisor ...this is what I usually do and I thought I will do the same at this hotel as a Sheraton.!!!..it seems that that receptionest did not update the system and they where in trouble today having over booking and wanted to solve their mistake by invading our room in a tough scary rude way!!! Their scary action is not acceptable by Sheraton mother company. .

"after all that scary actions by staff , reception staff admitted that it was their mistake as they did not update the system and our reservation was accurate".

STILL WAITING FOR AN ANSWER FROM THE GENERAL MANAGER; MR PAUL KERNATSCH ???????!!!!!!!!!!

in addition to that while reservation staff said that the room is overlooking the lake with lake view and after arrival they said ""the trees hiding the seen so you cant see the lake``..kind of missleading..other wise I would not chose to stay here and would have choose another hotel with real lake view..
I informed them it is our wedding anniversary and that how they react!!!!!!!!

the bed comforters and belows are dated and over used.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aldossaryhanan
Claudia3567, Manager at Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg Hotel Jagdhof, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you very much for your time explaining the difficulties during your stay at Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg Hotel Jagdhof which were caused by mistakes on both sides as discussed with our husband. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience caused by a misunderstanding on the front desk on our side. Based on your message we reviewed the relevant occurrences with our team to ensure our high quality standard. We are very happy that our compensation (complimentary massage and complimentary dinner) obtained your agreement and you extended your stay in our hotel.

We thank you very much for your feedback, which constantly helps us to further improve our services.

Paul J. Kernatsch