Not shure how Starwood got to buy this place but they really nailed one! Used spg points so that made the value extraordinary. This is a ultra high end resort so everything is quite expensive but in line with the other resorts in this class.
A spectacular setting on the opposite end of lake Fusilee and the town of Fuschl. This place although 500 or so years old, has been mostly all redone with a lot of very new rooms. 5 star luxury all around. Our room was regular with lake view. Not huge but decent size. Fantastic lake view and 5 star comforts all around. But the grounds are what set this place apart.
They have a fantastic spa. While my massage was not so great the setting made up for it. The outdoor sun deck is right on the lake where you can swim if you like. (yes it is cold). But laying out on the sun chairs in this setting being served food and drink to your liking is the ultimate in getaways. The restaurant is VERY expensive and very gourmand in it's food presentations, but also has a fantastic patio deck overlooking the lake. They rent boats, bikes, have a fishing hut you can eat fresh smoked lake fish, even take a spin in a classic car. This place has it all.
They even give you free beer and drinks in the mini bar. Never seen that in all my travel years!
But I do have one big gripe. Because we were on spg points for the room they do NOT include breakfast. And the only breakfast is 30 euros per person. Thats about 40 dollars american. That is very steep. My wife only has a roll and coffee for breakfast. They would not serve her that. She had to have the whole 40 dollar charge. And with the free drinks in the bedroom they did NOT have a coffemaker. You really would think they would offer that. Now I know most people are not on starwood points so they are getting the breakfast included in the room rate. But really. How about just a coffee option or a few alacarte items for breakfast. Ok. Beef over.
Staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful. Service was as expected for a 5 star luxury resort. Although the week we were there they seemed a bit understaffed (with only one person at the front desk doing checkin/out and concierge duties) and the place was not very crowded. So it was ok. They did have a huge "group" coming in on the day we left and there seemed to be a lot more "staff" that were brought in.
The area is only about 20 minutes from the center of salzburg so to me a much better place to stay than in salzburg. Gorgeous setting and easy to drive to the many other small and beautiful lake towns in this part of austria from. It really can be a great spot as your home base to do day tours to the many other areas in this part of austria.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the world of Hotel Schloss Fuschl, situated just one Mozart serenade from the City of Salzburg. This legendary fairytale chateau was built in 1450 as a hunting lodge. Used as the summer residence of the archbishops of Salzburg, the castle became world-famous, as its romantic situation within the Sound of Music area and the banks of lake Fuschl provided the ideal setting for the "Sissi" films with Romy Schneider. The Schloss Restaurant, with the legendary lakeside terrace, offers quality and service of the highest order. The restaurant serves typical Austrian delicacies and fresh fish from the hotel’s own fishery. The historical vaulted Vinothek offers genuine relaxed hospitality in a setting that is perfect for savouring select and exclusive wines. In our spacious SPA the vers latest equipment awaits you in truly elegant fin-de-siècle setting, overlooking the cals side of the lake. Indoor pool, steam bath, saunas and fitness centre are first rate. Enjoy the outdoor Jacuzzi – or in summer an invigoration massage on the jetty. Golf, swimming, mountain biking, Nordic Walking or skiing – in the surrounding area. 110 rooms, suites and lake cottages offer unprecedented choice. All rooms in the main building enjoy a breathtaking lake view. For a charming rustic experience, you may prefer the country-style rooms in the Jaegerhaus. Or make yourselves completely at home in one of our six Lake Cottage. Enjoy our thirty junior and traditional suites as well as our seven Tower Suites, furnishes with antiques in a specific historic European style, from Baroque to Biedermeier. Our ballroom offers the ideal setting for the most festive of events. The legendary “Pink Salon”, with its elegant ambience, is perfect for smaller celebrations. Home to the vintage Rolls-Royce and antique carriage collection, the castle shed offers a truly unique backdrop for receptions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Schloss Fuschl Resort & Spa, Fuschlsee-Salzburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schloss Fuschl Resort & Spa, Fuschlsee-Salzburg Hotel Hof Bei Salzburg
- Schloss Fuschl Resort And Spa, Fuschlsee-Salzburg
- Schloss Fuschl Hotel
- Schloss Fuschl Salzburg
- Hotel Schloss Fuschl
- Schloss Fuschl Resort & Spa, Fuschlsee-Salzburg Salzburg Region, Austria