Well if you and your taste buds would like to get a treat, then the Palace Hotel in Bad Hofgaststein is the place to be for a short break. Any longer break would add weight on you or give you too many trips to the toilette or you'll end up with both.
There is a 4 day short break and a 7 day break special, which works out to be 75 Euros per person per night. No single surcharge applied to me. The package (refer to their internet site for all the details) includes the use of facilities such as the use of indoor pool (6m x 8m) and Sauna. Free Parking of Car and bike are also included.
Now what really stands out is the Gourmet food served for dinner. There are 4 different entrées, 2 types of soup, 3 main courses (4 different side dishes) approx. 6 types of salads and 4 different types of deserts. For drinks you may choose between a lager beer, red and white wine or four different types of brand soft drinks. Every night there is a different menu 'a la carte' including themes, such as French or Italian or Austrian traditional foods. From my perspective, I am a fussy eater as well as a little paranoid with health food, but let me tell you, other than the salt content (my guess is that unless one cooks for themselves, Salt is added too generously in all Restaurants), it got full marks from me.You will see the official menu (professional lay out) as well as the daily Hotel news and trivia, in the morning for breakfast already. BF, which is also included, is available as a buffet with hot and cold dishes to choose from.
There is also a 'brunch' included, which I personally never tried as it was too soon after breakfast for one and I was usually out on the trail by then.
Hotel staff is friendly with one minor proviso: No one told me really how the dinner serving works. Well it is all 'do it yourself', including drinks. That's OK with me, just let me know please....
The only other negative is, for WIFI you have to be in the lobby otherwise 'no go'. In our world of today, WIFI in your room is an absolute must.......
My guess is, I will be visiting the Hotel again sometime in the future, hopefully there will be WIFI in the rooms available by then.
PS There were only a handful of young people there during my stay.
28.05.14 - 02.06.14
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carefree holiday spending guests in the cosy center of Bad Hofgastein. The 4 star hotel Palace is a relaxing house for everyone. Surrounded by a huge garden with a park on 30.000m² . The sun terrace, walking paths and a small pond invite to enjoying . The nice comfortable rooms have all a balcony and panoramic view. A conference room is available. Mountain Station, the great therme Alpentherme and the shopping area - everything is within walking distance. In panoramic indoor pool guests can relax in the healing Gastein thermal water. Even a beauty farm and a renowned Health Center, the Palace to call his own. When in the evening the migrants return from their tours, the spa guests are completely relaxed, the golfers have packed their bags and the families come fully fueled with experience in the hotel's restaurant, everyone like the international buffet. An interesting detail: The table drinks are for all meals - from breakfast and brunch to dinner - included. Some days in the week live music seduced to a goodnight drink at the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Johannesbad Hotel Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kur- And Sport-Hotel Palace
- Kur Sport Hotel Palace
- Johannesbad Hotel Palace Bad Hofgastein, Austria - Salzburg Region