“snow spa and joy”

and 1 more site!
Mountain Resort Feuerberg
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bodensdorf
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Excellent mountain and ski hotel, excellent food perfect for a famillys However, for the Spa area I wish the hotel would offer more towels, as one towel is not enough for multiple visits to sauna, steam bath and showers. Also if you have a chalet you will need to walk to the Spa and get changed in the dressing room which is very small and rather uncomfortable. Nevertheless I enjoyed my stay a lot and can absolutely recommend this place.

Room Tip: Shale are perfect
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 27, 2014

This mountain resort is really wonderful. It combines typical Austrian wooden huts (including fireplace indoor) and a modern Spa with lots of different wellness attractions, eg different saunas, multiple heated pools and cozy relaxing rooms with a view. The food was excellent, stuff very friendly. The hotel also offers lots of activities like snowshoe hiking, which definitely was one of the highlights during my stay. The view you have from the mountain is breathtaking.
Nevertheless I enjoyed my stay a lot and can absolutely recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Excellent mountain and ski hotel, excellent food, very clean rooms, the hotel has a beautiful spa, great location for walking,wonderful views, energy points in the vicinity.We stayed three nights in hotel and we will soon return. I recommend !

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel is an all-inclusive resort and spa and the summit of Fire Mountain. (Feuerberg) The staff are incredibly friendly and most if not all speak excellent English. It has numerous heated pools including an outdoor natural pool heated to 28C. The setting is idyllic and there is so much to do and see. We parked the car and didn't touch it again until we left a week later. The hotel organizes daily trips from small hikes to larger Alpine tours. These are mostly free of charge with Georg the guide. He's also fluent in English (married an American) Hiking, paragliding, swimming, free archery lessons, nordic walking, relaxing... there's something for everyone! The food is absolutely first class. Huge breakfast buffets with numerous choices from fresh breads, cold cuts, cheeses, 6 kinds of Müsli fresh fruits and, of course, everything you love about American and British style breakfasts including sausages, bacon, eggs (boiled, scrambled, fresh to order omelets) and Käsekrainer to name a few. The lunch is a smaller affair but plenty of choices and the dinner is just eye popping. Buffets galore with everything the heart desires. All the food is included in the hotel price, just watch the drinks, which can add up. Coffee is also only free at breakfast. We just drank the incredibly refreshing water all day. Believe me, with all the activities, you'll need to hydrate! I can highly recommend this hotel for lovers, families and just about anyone who wants to switch off and watch the world go by in luxury from the top of a mountain! I would recommend a cabin for families!!! There's also a kid's club with lots of activities to give parents a chance to switch off!

Room Tip: Definitely one of the cabin apartments, all the modcons including a small kitchen, living and dining...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed in Mountain resort Feuerberg for just 3 night and it was a great experience. This beautiful hotel is directly on the slopes, it has a great spa, beuatiful swimming pools and saunas and great food! The rooms are nice, big and clean, the staff is very friendly and welcoming! It was one of the best vacations I ever had!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed in the great hotel for 1 week with our two children. The place is beautifull; large but cosy. Clean, nicely decorated, Modern. Our room was perfect for the 4 of us. A separate bedroom for the children with a big flatscreen for us and for them. A roomy bathroom.
The kindergarten is in the hotel and has friendly and professional staff. It made our holiday very relaxed. The kids ski school is just outside, just like the skilift to the top of the mountain.
The food was excellent. At breakfast everything you could want. Dinner a treat, every day of the week. Lunch on the other hand was very special.
The staff was very friendly, polite and attentive. They really made the difference.
Then there were the very extensive relaxation spaces, pools, sauna, you name it. To many to visit in 1 week.
We had the perfect week. This hotel anserwed to all our expectations.
The downside: There is just the hotel plus a couple of chalets belong to the hotel. No village. so no shops, bars (except for the hotel bar). The ski area of Gerlitzen is not very exciting to say the least. It's just 1 mountain and you can descent it in all 4 directions on very wide, well maintained easy slopes.
Conclusion: a perfect stay for us. It matched all our goals: relaxing, fine food, nice ambiance and no fuss with the kids

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Hotel was nice, our room - Studio Blumenalm - was quite big however as I do not speak German and website is not available in English I did not know that this room is not facing to the valley however picture was showing that. The restaurant staff were friendly however during dinner too busy to look after everyone in time. Food was delicious and had wide range of food selection. Spa was pretty good however nothing was written there in English just in German so did not know what and how to use. There were a lot places to relax. The atmosphere of the bar is great. Good to sit there read a book and drink something in the evening. Staff there were really doing there job.

We had problems with reception / reservation staff. First issue - first day morning dressed for skiing went to the reception asked for 3 and half day ski pass (thougt half day for the last day). We got the voucher walked in the snow with skies and snowboard to the cashier where I was told half day is valid only for today and starts at 12pm (at this time it was about 9.30). So walked back with all the equipment in the snow to the reception where they did not even say sorry. Changed the voucher for a 3 days pass.

On our last night a kind paper was on our desk at the restaurant offering a non binding reservation for the next year if we wish to come back. This reservation has priority among other reservations. Wow how kind they are :-) We thought OK let's fill this form and if we might change our mind we can cancell it. On the form you can mark when and which room would like to have. When we did the checkout gave the paper - receptionist did not check availability. Few days later received a German (!) confirmation. Asked for an English one as I still do not speak German. I asked for 5 nights in same room we were at the hotel building - they have confirmed 7 nights in a small house 4-5 minutes walk from hotel building and no explanation. Asked if they sent me someone else confirmation. Reply was the requested room is not available that time. Why on earth they did not ask me if I wish to change the date or change the room??? Another building, 7 nights - crazy... OK have asked when is the certain room free I have asked for? Hotel sent me another confirmation for requested room again 7 nights (????). OK asked for a final confirmation for originally requested 5 nights. Received it with a request of 300 EUR deposit - for a 03/2014 "non binding, just to help you" prior reservation for a frequent guest. No thanks I would rather use my money for at least next half year and do the reservation than as all the other non frequent guests - if I do not change my mind and go somewhere else :-)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank PVKrisztina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bodensdorf
1 mi away
#10 of 31 in Velden am Woerthersee
Sonnenhotel Zaubek
Sonnenhotel Zaubek
#3 of 6 in Treffen

Been to Mountain Resort Feuerberg? Share your experiences!