All reviews cheap drinks perfect place to meet people box type sliding door cold beer pods dorm hostel privacy chill beds ko island pier plug accommodation pai
Reviewed November 22, 2014

I arrived at Koh Samed at night time where it was all dark, i had no idea where to stay, but on my way to the beach i asked this guy for directions, he also mentioned he owned a hostel after i said i was looking for a place to stay. I thought i might stay there for one night and then find a proper bungalow in the morning. In the morning he was very helpful and arranged a scooperdiving trip for me and my fellow companions and in the evening i went to his bar and chatted for a few hours. The atmosphere, coziness and friendly staff, made me stay there for six nights in total, two more than i had planned to stay on the island. I felt bad when i had to leave, because i found one of the small hidden treasures but i am definitely going back. So thanks to Olly's for making my stay on the island perfect.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Sigurd H
Reviewed November 10, 2014

Stayed 2 nights at Olly's this past weekend with a group of friends, and it. was. awesome. Incredibly friendly staff, and Olly always made sure we had everything we needed. Really cozy bar out front with cheap beer and other drinks, perfect for relaxing and meeting some fellow travelers before heading out to the bars. The beds/bathroom were very clean and though the beds are unique--bunk beds meet Japanese capsule hotel?--it was fun and they felt spacious and comfortable (and the room has A/C!) It's also very close to the beach, nightlife, restaurants, and 7-11s. What else could you need? Needless to say, we will be back soon. Oh yeah, and the burgers really are that good. Thanks Olly!

1  Thank kkinaman
Reviewed November 9, 2014

I spent two nights at Olly's while visiting Ko Samet for my first time. Not only is it in a great location close to the port and close to the beach/bars/restaurants, it is also very reasonably priced and has an very inviting atmosphere. The dormitory is air conditioned and adorable and I slept very well and was smitten by how charming and cozy the "cupboard" beds are. The showers were hot, the bathrooms were clean, and the front porch was comfortable and an ideal spot to sit, socialize, play a few drinking games, swap stories, and watch people arriving at the island. Olly's ran a tab for us for the weekend and we managed to get more than our money's worth for beer and quality burgers, not to mention time with Olly's pup, Imogen, the hostel's mascot! Staff were very accommodating and went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed ourselves, they're also experts on the island's attractions and will help you figure out where you're going and how they can help you get there. We met some other travelers and spent plenty of time with them at Olly's and at the surrounding restaurants and bars and beaches. I will definitely be staying there again!

Room Tip: the higher-up rooms are just as nice as the others but are tricky to get into if you're a clumsy person.
1  Thank andyfromchicago90
Reviewed November 9, 2014

I spent two nights at Olly's with 4 other people and it was awesome! It was super close to the port and easy to find and Olly was incredibly welcoming. It's a great place to chill before going out, he has really cheap beer and drinks and makes the best cheeseburgers! It's super close to the beach and all the nightlife spots, and the staff gave us great recommendations of places to eat and things to do while we were there. I'll definitely be back next time I'm on Ko Samet!

1  Thank anic234
Reviewed November 1, 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay. We spent 5 days in Ollys Hostel and we enjoyed it! Very nice atmosphere and amazing burgers. By the way > the only hostel on Ko Samet, a visit worth for every backpacker. Thank you Olly ;)

Stayed: October 2014, traveled with friends