“Home from home!”

Description: Take your shoes off
Bangkok, Thailand
“Home from home!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

the atmosphere is great and couldn't be more welcoming. We even were offered and had free chocolate balls which were fantastic. The food (although a little pricey but you pay for what you get) is the best on the island and the breakfast is one of the best we have had in Asia. The biggest plus point is how lovely, helpful and knowledgeable the owners are, could quite easily spend hours talking to them and the other customers.

Visited May 2014
5 Thank LukeandAmyAdventure
LordSalmon, Front Office Manager at Antique Cafe, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Hey Guys, that's a jolly nice review, that is exactly what we aiming for…...

Many thanks and we hope to see you again soon.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
“Best breakfast on Koh Samed”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I have been on Koh Samed for one week and I have had breakfast at Antique Cafe every day that I have been here, each morning sitting in this relaxed cafe for a few hours. Good coffee is hard to find in Thailand so it was great to find this little place nestled in the main town two minutes walk from the main pier. The menu is small but all of the food on offer is excellent. Koong and Simon and very friendly and Koong has assisted me with learning Thai each day. Antique Cafe is not a big place so everyone is taken care of. The cafe also has a small shop selling quality antique goods and ornaments from around South East Asia. If you fancy great company and a beverage in the evenings you can have a drink in this wonderful relaxed environment. I will be happy to return here and stay in touch with Koong and Simon.

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank Olly1232014
LordSalmon, Director of Sales at Antique Cafe, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Cheers for the great review, we were glad to have you hanging out in the shop, keep up the Thai, it sounds like it is coming along rather nicely.

Enjoy your time up country and look forward to you coming back to Samed.

Love and Peace.
koh samed
“Smashing little place”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I'm well travelled and well fussy, This little coffee shop ticked all my boxes. The coffee is excellent and the food really did exceed my expectations for a small village shop. The owners, Simon and Koong are wonderful hosts and great company. I highly recommend popping in here if you are visiting the amazing island of Koh Samed.

Visited May 2014
6 Thank islandlizardo
LordSalmon, Guest Relations Manager at Antique Cafe, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Great review………….We completely agree with you.
Samet
“Best Place ever!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

What could I say, Egg Benedict's are the best I ever been eaten in any where!! :) The hole menu is really great and in the mornings big mug of coffee saves the day :) if you visit Koh Samet, you need to meet Simon and Koong. Art cafe is a great meeting point and have a nice cup of special coffees or a Cold Beer.

• Visited February 2014
6 Thank SomeoneSamet
Another top notch review for Antique Cafe, it is very much appreciated.

Thanks for stopping by and maybe see you next time.
Aberdeen
“Just the ticket”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Well, myself and my friend ended up at different accommodation to everyone else, and while she was getting ready I decided I needed some warm-up beverages so I had seen antique cafe across the road so I thought I would give it a go... Great decision.. Simon proved to be an awesome host.. making all kinds of drinks for us through the few days we were on samet! Breakfast.. eggs Benedict of course... And I can say they are the best I have had.. and I've had a few the scales will tell you! Always started in here in the morning and in the evening.. would recommend to anyone on samet! Hopefully see you again Simon! Thanks.

• Visited April 2014
5 Thank lamby9
LordSalmon, Public Relations Manager at Antique Cafe, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Many Thanks for the review, we were delighted you popped in for your warm up bevies.

Glad you loved the Eggs B, they are magnificent…..!!!

Look forward to seeing you again.