Lowest prices for your stay
$41
$39
Hotels.com$46
Priceline$46
eDreams$41
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2013

great location on the beach, none of the staff where thai, (actually cambodian), rooms okay for sleep, thats all, showers need a make over and rooms only just clean. but for location, its fine and u can get others at a higher price, we booked a standard double, the cheapest they had, so have no idea on the other rooms

Room tip: standard doubles are near the beach, everyone walks past your room
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I've been to some bad hotels during my many years of travelling, this must be among one of the worst, if not the worst. More resembling a backpackers joint. Don't go by the pictures you see of it on websites, they look nothing like the real thing. Our balcony certainly didn't look like the pictures. Maybe more like the place you might put your dustbins at the back of the house.

Don't blame the staff , can't turn a hovel into a palace ! Lazy management by the looks of it.

Having paid B1,250 for the room , we weren't expecting 4* or anything near it. The rooms were small and not too clean. The very old furnture comprised of a TV (ancient) with no English stations, although there were 200 stations to choose from. No wardrobe or drawers, you had to hang things on something that resembled a rack in your hallway at home to put up coats and hats. Two single beds shoved together rather uncomfortably (we had asked for a double in advance). Air con unit had seen better days. Not even a chair in the room, having said that, not enough space for it to fit in

None of the rooms appear to have any sea view, although it is next to the beach. Our view out of our rather small windows was a white brick wall. If you get a room as you see in the brochure, you will be looking at another room opposite you, 2 metres away with the walkway in between.

There is no breakfast or any other meal for that matter, reason being they have no restaurant.

There is also quite a bit of building work going on around the hotel, hammering and electric saws and drills. Certainly not from the Sawadee Co Co, must have been quite a few years since they have done any work on the place

Room tip: I wouldn't recommend any room in this place. Best idea would be just go to Ko Samet. There are many small hotels and only 2 minutes walk from the beach. When i looked at them, many had vacant rooms at more reasonable prices than the Co Co, and this is in peak season. They looked nice and clean, could not be any worse than this place.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank BangkokRaymy
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I've been travelling now for 6 months in SE Asia and this place was by far and away the worst value accommodation we've stayed in during our trip. We paid 2,625 baht per night for the family room in high season. It's not that the room was bad per se, more that it was twice the price it should have been for what you got. I'd never visited Koh Samet before and I'm guessing its proximity to Bangkok means the hotels just don't need to try very hard for business or look after their rooms very well, and people will still come and pay the prices.

The room itself was definitely on the small side for a family room - not very much room to put your cases without tripping over them. The set-up of the rooms means you have very little privacy - all rooms face each other and have huge sliding window doors across the front so everyone can look in unless you keep the curtains shut the whole time. The bathroom smelt of fish and urine which was pretty unpleasant. All communal areas are just very tired and shabby which is a real shame, you can't help but feel the place has lots of potential but lazy management means they just don't make the place very appealing to guests.

The staff were friendly enough but most of the time just sat around chatting and eating on the decking areas outside the guest rooms.

The other thing which infuriated me was that when I booked (through their website), the final price I was given on the invoice was not the amount charged to my credit card. When I queried it before arrival via email I was informed "all credit card transactions are subject to a small surcharge" , apparently it was hidden in the small print and not made clear anywhere on the site (nor final invoice) during the booking process.

The only real positive is the location which is right on the beach. However, if I was to stay on Koh Samet again would choose one of the many guesthouses based a few minutes' walk off the beach - I suspect you could find a much better value option still within a very easy walk.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank BertievonSorrol
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here end of May, beginning of June, family of four. We hadn't high expectations so weren't disappointed at the fact that there's no on site restaurant or 24 hour room service. We got exactly what we wanted, which was a large A/C room, en suite, cleaned daily, with free water. Okay so the kettle leaked and on a couple of nights the resident dogs had a barking match but at the end of the day my 11 and 8 year old sons loved the fact that the beach was seconds from the door. There are sun loungers available for free and you can get a drink from the reception area. This being Samet and so close to Bangkok it is more pricey, relatively speaking. I'd suggest avoiding restaurants attached to resorts as they are more expensive. Bars and restaurants are all within easy reach. The Naga Bar at the far end of the beach past the statues does a good cocktail deal: toss a coin to pay for it or get it free.
Overall a relaxing stay and we were sorry to leave.

Date of stay: May 2012
3  Thank David M
Reviewed May 28, 2012

this place is terrible. NO service. the room has an awful odour. had to ask for toilet paper and towels. the beds are hard as a slab of cement. rooms not clean. do yourself a favour and dont stay here

Room tip: dont stay here
Date of stay: May 2012