Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
View deal
Hurb
StayForLong
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed at La Lune during Songkran. We didn't really want to stay in a typical hotel, but by the time we got around to booking all the usual places we stay were full. I feared with the 'U' design that this hotel was going to be very noisy during Songkran. I could not have been more wrong. It was dead silent (minus the nasty storms that came through). Our rooms were on the ground floor behind the lobby (no partial ocean view as described). They were incredibly clean. The AC worked great and the shower had hot water and decent water pressure.
We didn't use the pool as it was always full of young children, but it looked nice and clean. The hotel has beds and chairs set up on the beach. They don't have staff helping you set up or move umbrellas, but we managed fine. There is a mini mart very close for water, beer, and snacks. We only had breakfast at the hotel which wasn't very good so we ate our other meals at neighboring restaurants. Many of the neighboring restaurants have fire shows. The Baywatch bar that is next door stays open late and that seems to be the only place open late on this stretch of beach. Quite different from our other stays on Koh Samet.

Room tip: Wifi is only availble in the lobby, but our 2 rooms just behind the lobby could occasionally pick up the signal.
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The resort is new and the room is nice and bathroom is very clean. The pool is a little small, but still more than adequate for a cool dip during the day. Even though the sea is just steps away, it's still very nice to have a pool. Staff is efficient with check-in and check-out process. Booking for snorkelling trip went smoothly too.

We did not managed to get the rooms facing the ocean, but there is still sea view from the balcony of the room. The breakfast is quite disappointing though. Selection is limited though there are efforts to offer different food on different days. Biggest problem is too many flies around.

1  Thank tienc
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed here 3 nights with a friend in April. Most places were booked out so we settled on Lalune.

The room was very comfortable and we slept well, however, the noise level from other guests using the pool and balconies is high. If you have young children, they may not sleep well at night. Nice pool, gets lots of sun during the day. The beach is very busy with lots of boats coming in and jetskis etc.

The beach restaurant at the front of the resort is pretty but best avoided. They messed up our orders multiple times, and the chicken was so overcooked it was inedible. My cocktail tasted like metholated spirits (no joke).

Lalune advertises it has wi-fi but the first day the wi-fi was broken. After that is worked occasionally, but only in the front dining area - not the room.

Breakfast food is covered in flies and staff made no attempt to cover anything.

The Vongdeuan resort at the end of the beach has a nice restaurant overlooking the water, a much better eating option. The cafe there also has the best cha yen smoothies.

1  Thank SunseekerSyd
Reviewed April 17, 2013

As a local Thai who frequently visits samed island a few times per year, I finally get to try this newly opened hotel on Wongduen beach. Overall, I am highly impressed and would recommend this place to both locals and foreigners alike. First, the booking went very smooth despite some changes from my end. Second, once I arrived, the hotel is well located and beautifully decorated. Samed island has been such a popular destination for so many years so it is full of old hotels or bungalows. Lalune is different....it is a beachfront low rise hotel with a cute pool in the middle. The vibe is very young, contemporary and very clean. Room is equipped with good amenities and most importantly...the bed is so big and comfy.
Lastly, on e I checked out, I left a few items including CASH behind. I only remembered it the next day when I am back in Bangkok already. I phoned Khun Thip, the representative at Bangkok office. not only did she gladly coordinated the whole thing but I managed to get everything back in perfect conditions including all the money. I still couldn't believe my luck and can only thank them.
If you wish for a pleasant friendly cozy stay, Lalune is your place. It is not the cheapest place in Wongduen beach, but it surely worths the slight splurge for a nicer beach experience.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank PoppyLV
Reviewed April 15, 2013

It's my 6th trip to Koh Samed. On Wongduan beach, Lalune It's still overall the nicest and newest, and most expensive hotel on this side of island. that's why this trip, I chose its here because of the big family Songkran get-together, We are a big family of 3 rooms, 6 adults and 2 children. Stayed 4 days, and 3 nights

The good things 1) some luxury amenities as nice room, a swimming pool 2) nice and new
place just opened 3) Miss. Kwang at the counter is smiley and friendly 4) Mr. Jay, a young man who works at egg station at breakfast, and help around in the morning, very customer service minded, smiley and helpful 5) Wongduan beach got a couple convenient stores, less than 5 minute walk from hotel.6) good location, about in the middle of the distance of the beach length.

Greater issues and needed development.

1) There is no management, the hotel reception who deals with check-in,check-out, food, room service and who knows what else...is a couple ladies at the counter...

2) The lady who is a little older, in her early 40s, at counter might try to help guests, but she never smiles. I smiled at her the first time, but she never smiled back to me or other guests, the two other ladies are helpful, but with very limited experience in hospitality.

3) so many flies at breakfast, every morning. and no staffs seem to care, tables with small children care more with flies, and they just left the food on table.

4) Very small and few breakfast, and bad quality, *compare to other 3 star-hotels on Koh Samed, and other islands I've been to in Thailand.(been to some 5-6 star too, but do not compare to those)

5). Restaurants close at 8 pm. other restaurants around open till at least 10 pm or later,

6) Most staffs are foreigners....(Cambodian.?), and can't understand much Thai or English when the food being ordered. (it's okay though about foreigner staffs, most B&B and hotels on Samed do hire foreigner staffs...)

7) At late night around almost 1 am. when all rooms lights off, a group of 7-8 guests still played cards at a restaurant, only one staff oversaw, they had their own radio on loud, poor Thai staff/waiter/guard had to wait on them, and couldn't tell the group to tune it down..few balcony lights started to light up, maybe a sign to tell the group...

8) Internet is very poor, and only in lobby. I read reviews and knew this before I decided to choose it here, but still chose Lalune for the sake of being a new hotel, and more comfort and convenience for family The bungalows and restaurants next door got much stronger connections, their internet is detected always from the room, pool...etc.

9) We tried dinner at hotel the first night, very slow and unprofessional, it's understandable and forgiven because they just seems very new and inexperienced.
(they actually made a mistake and forgot to bill the seafood of 1,200 Baht, and my sister reminded them so we would pay the right amount, we were billed only 1,700 Baht, and felt that it was wrong, it should have been more, so finally we paid 1,200 Baht more)

10) they have a sign on the main porch/entrance, ( for the guests or beach vendors...? ) Ii Thai, and English, ... not to take the food into hotel restaurant and area because the property is expensive, and they asked for understanding and sympathy, and let the hotel make money ..." ....well, it's very understandable, but the way it's said just very blunt and ignorant. some might see it a joke, but the sign itself doesn't feel like a joke, it's serious.

11) most restaurant staffs are helpful, but some look too obviously bored and irritated when being asked for help. or when guests come down for breakfast at close to 10 am (breakfast serves 7-10 am), staffs would seem very irritated. I came down early but some family members came at 9.30 am, most of the food was out. we noticed that the staffs pouted a lot to other guests too....so we try to behave! ha!

12) kids, guest peed in the pool! No staff around pool area. so we tried to avoid swimming pool.

13. very few English speaking channels. one movie channel, with Chinese subtitle, The only one news in English is through Russian Network.

14. big loud chairs at balcony, when anyone would move it sounds like a thunder, try it, and you'll know! :-)

15. Like some reviews I read about them on here a few weeks before....no prompt help to unload from speedboat, it was quite a struggle, so we and the boat guys unloaded some, the hotel staff came out to help after we got to ask at the counter...

Overall, I'm not sure if I would come back, if they fix all these things, I would, because it's just all about customer service and management, they still are the new and more convenient compare to other on Wongduan. Until then, Do not come! :
I just recommend that if you like a 3 or 3.5 star up, Go to other beaches, Ao Prao, Sai Kaew beach or other beaches. been there a few times, and will go back again.

I have much better experience at Koh Samed Try Ao Praw Resort, Pricey but good, great customer service, good breakfast, (Minus...the cove is far out, hard to come to town, no shop.)

Hotel couldn't be reached, even on website there's no phone number update on Koh Samed site, (up to April 16th) just the reservation number at Bangkok office. So the day before, and the day we traveled here, the phone couldn't be reached, because the public holiday already started, so there's no way we could contact the hotel in case of direction and questions.)

we paid 5,000 Baht per room a night, 3 rooms and 3 nights during public holidays through Agoda, found out that it already got down to be 4,000 Baht a few days before we got there, and on the first day when they offered to walk-in guests,(Just tested and search and found that in June.. it's about 3,200 Baht, still not cheap.) Overall, poor quality for the price we paid. Would be fine and acceptable if only customer service and to have a hotel manager.

• Trip type: Traveled with family