“A comfy Hotel with Veeeryyyy good restaurant <3”

Chilli Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 61 Ko Samet B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The hotel is like 5 minutes walk to Sai Kaew Beach and also close to convenient stores. The room is very good and staffs are super friendly and helpful! Just one thing that there is some bad smell in front of our room which we didn't know where it came from.
Facilities: hair dryer, a/c, towel, hot water and free wi-fi

The hotel's restaurant is on the ground floor and it is the best restaurant on Koh Samed we had...delicious food and with reasonable price (compared to other restaurants on the island).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Chilli Hotel & Restaurant

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Pleasantly surprised by the room, comfortable threeish star, clean, basic but functionable bathroom, fridge, plenty of complimentary bottled water, in room safe, light switches in convenient places, (unusual in SE Asia) air con that worked, plenty of electrical points to recharge your toys, prompt & efficient make up service, and right next to several massage parlours, what more could you want! Staff not overly friendly, but at least polite. No breakfast before 0900,and the coffee is undrinkable, but there are a couple of decent cafes 100 m away, just inside the park gates. Decent, affordable restaurants within easy walking distance, which is good, as I found the in house restaurant a bit disappointing, although many others must like it, as it was always busy! Remember that Koh Samet is an island, as well as a tourist destination, so dont expect bargain basement prices here!

Room Tip: Go for the "superior" double
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2013

we were in triple/quad room at the end of the hall, 2nd story, facing the back. 1/2 of our view was the pleasant scene of the the temple garden and a Buddha, the other 1/2 a mish-mash mostly of construction material, so we kept the curtain half closed. Reception (in restaurant) was quick and our luggage was taken for us to our room. Restaurant was okay, but staff could be unresponsive.
We had good sleeps under the fan/aircon combination and they had to work hard in the morning with the east facing window boiling behind the curtain. Sounds from outside carry through but its probably way better than the other big room facing the street. Chilli is next to all needs (food, bars, ATM, 7/11) and are steps away from the park entrance to the beach...if you continue straight at the road's end rather than turn right down the dirt road to other resorts at the end of Hat Sai Kaen. I couldn't find an English channel on TV, but there is no need to watch TV with all the entertainment on the beach evolving around you through the day...swimming/vendors etc, then beach dining, outdoor band and fire twirlers..later shee-shaw and the band and party move indoors. Mossman is a good alternative but don't go through agencies.

Room Tip: for more than 3, the big room on 2nd floor facing back would be quieter and no glass front!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I booked Chilli Hotel & Restaurant by agoda before I go 20 days with price 1,700 THB.

when I arrive (12.30 o' clock) I give hotel voucher to reception for check in she see voucher and said the room has problem I must move to Mossman House this hotel opposite Chilli Hotel & Restaurant

Mossman House is look like apartment than hotel but clean. In that time I no choice I must accept I know after move to Mossman House this hotel only 1,500 THB. cheaper than Chilli Hotel & Restaurant 200 THB but no compensate. From my experient Chilli Hotel & Restaurant cheat me then I m not recommend anybody to stay this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pratchaya T
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Chilli Hotel is located on the main street of Koh Samet. The island is quite a basic place, more for backpackers than for vip tourims. Therefore most of the hospitality has basic standards.
Chilli is a good compromise: not too expensive(I paied €45.00 per night without breakfast)yet comfortable & clean. My room was spacious, with A/C, fan and fridge. 2 bottles of water were offered daily by the hotel. The only strange thing is that my room entrance was a full glass wall! Despite the dark tent I often had the feeling of sleeping in a shop window!!!
Since my room was not facing the main stret the noise coming from there at night was not an issue for me.
I also tried the restaurant: very good and not at all expensive.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Situated no more than 200yds from the beach,spotlessly clean accommodation,bed/bedroom and bathroom.Not sure if the place is recently built or refurbished but an excellent job has been done either way.We ate at the restaurant several times during our stay and enjoyed the western and Thai food equally.Close to other bars and restaurants in this small resort,a perfect location for a relaxing island/beach vacation.

Room Tip: The rooms facing inland have an extra window that looks out on a large overgrown pond but of course...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed here for a night. We arrived at Chilli thursday and we had to look for another hotel since they didnt have vacancy for the whole weekend.

Chilli Hotel is located around the Samet City. It is 4min. walk down to the diamond beach. The hotel have a restaurant but we never tried eating there.

Pros:
A/C working good.
big bed
tv
mini fridge w/ 2 blottles of water
hot and cold shower / good water pressure
far away from the noise
Toiletries - just soap provided
Bed lamps
smoking area outside the room
they have restaurant
good wifi inside the room

Cons:
Hard Beds
No shower curtain. the whole toilet gets wet when you shower.
Small ants inside the room.
The sheets werent clean at all... so much stains. We asked them to change everything when we saw our bed.
Tv - no english channels just thai.
the pillows got molds.
kinda much dogs in the area so you hear them barking in the middle of the night.
The aircon sounds very very disturbing.

It was an okay budget hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013