Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
Agoda.com
$18
View deal
Free cancellation until 10/09/21
Priceline$20
Trip.com
StayForLong
All reviews air con minute walk to the beach decent shower good nights sleep balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Visited Sunrise Villa with a friend, rented one room each and hit the town.
I had an accident my first day there, and the assistant/functioning manager Michael, a really outgoing nice guy from britian went out of his way to help me get around the island, get medical care, and was pretty much at disposal 24/7 - really made my experience a great one, despite the fact that i was reliable on crutches from the second day of my stay (another tip - dont go swimming in the beach at night, theres big rocks and there hard to see..)

The rooms where equivilant to hotelstandard in Bangkoks four stars - aswell as a nice view of the sea from your villa.

Also got my own watchdog laying outside my room every night after I went to sleep, seemed generally loyal to customers and was a nice addition to my experience.

Would definetly recommend anyone looking to relax on the islands to check this place out. Just DONT SWIM AT NIGHT ;).

Room tip: If your two people living in seperate rooms, I recommend 11 and 12, since they have one common stairway up and consequently more space for hanging out on the balcony.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Lasse L
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is a great place to stay if your travelling to Koh Samet. When you arrive its close to the pier so its easy to get to. Plus it's right on the beach and the views are spectacular. The staff and owners are really friendly and helpful. On my last night they invited me to have dinner with them and did not charge me. Would highly recommend.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We only stayed here for the one night but the room was clean, simple, with everything you need for a short-term stay. It was close to the main Pier which was a good thing for us as we didn't need to pay for a taxi or walk a great distance after a 5 hour trip from Bangkok. However, it's about a 15 minute walk to the national park where all the beaches and bars are so that would be the only downside. We had a beautiful view of the Sea from our balcony and it was very quiet too.

There is a bar just down on the rock which we didn't get to use but the staff were all friendly and English speaking too.

Room tip: they're all pretty much the same from what i could see but we stayed in Villa number 7 and there was a lovely view.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Right next to Nadan pier and the two 7-11s, you don't need to haul your luggage around the island's dirt roads, or bother haggling with a taxi/truck. Modern, good sized rooms with air-con and hot water. The pictures actually look like the real rooms! Right on the water and aptly named, the sunrise from your front porch is unforgettable. When I come back I will definitely try to stay again.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed 2 nights, over all it was very nice.

The location is not perfect because it's close to the pier, so there is a little noise from ships comming and leaving. But you really are living right at the water... Breakfast is served on the very nice terrace over viewing the bay.

The rooms are clean and modern, no English tv, but we were not on koh samet to watch tv... The bed could have been more comfortable.

The guys who run the place were very nice and helpful and always open for a chat.

Date of stay: August 2012