“A Refreshing Change.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Ginger

Red Ginger
Ranked #7 of 34 Restaurants in Ko Samet
Cuisines: European, Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Home-cooked food. " It's all about sauce".
Luang Prabang, Laos
“A Refreshing Change.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Well worth the motorbike stop on the main street of Koh Samet. I agree with all the fine reviews and can not say much more .

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Great food and great people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I were craving a hearty western meal and couldn't go past the reviews of Red Ginger. The restaurant is absolutely spotless inside and the food was superb. My partner had the ribs and I had a green curry - both delicious.
The owner was very friendly and his staff were great.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank LindyMMc
Basingstoke, hampshire
“Beautiful restaurant amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

We ate here after reading some fantastic reviews and were not disappointed.
Inside it has a very romantic and homely feel, everyone takes their shoes off at the door as I believe it is actually the owners house as well as business! This made it feel even more homely.
Despite being very busy service was fast and the food was amazing, we had a starter to share and then ribs for our main which we couldn't finish, it was HUGE and simply delicious. Excellent value as well, you will not get a meal like this anywhere else for that price.
The food was amazing but the thing that makes this place even more special is the staff and the owner Roger... they make you feel so welcome!
We spent time chatting with one member of staff and then after our meal Roger joined us for a beer and we chatted along with another guy who was a customer too... We were all talking just like friends even though we were eating in his restaurant and that kind of hospitality you just don't get in most places! It was an evening we wont forget and made us not want to leave Ko Samet!
And Roger if you are reading this ... I made it back to London and still have both arms yippee!
I cannot recommend this place enough.. its a must do while in samet.
Thank you for a memorable meal and evening!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Traveller1986Em
Macau, China
“Little Gem on Ko Samet - you won't leave hungry!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

My partner and I decided to go to this restaurant purely from reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. What can I say - we certainly were not disappointed! We sat outside the restaurant as it was cooler outside and enjoyed a glass of chilled red wine (which is common in Thailand!) whilst perusing the menu which didn't take long. This made a nice change - to have a limited menu to chose from, however we did notice other tourists walking away so I think this will put people off some what. They had about 6-8 main meals (western) to chose from and of course a selection of Thai food. The food was incredibly tasty and the portion size was huge - so for those with an appetite you will certainly enjoy this restaurant and leave feeling full :O).
I had the Chicken in a white wine and mushroom sauce which was accompanied by mashed potatoes, selection of vegetables and a cold raw broccoli/feta cheese and onion side salad - which was delicious. My partner had the Ribs - and his face was lit up, sticky ribs of all shapes and sizes (with the same accompaniments) All in all a very enjoyable meal - a restaurant not to be missed whilst you stay on Ko Samet (which is just beautiful). I will leave you with one tip - do not leave the restaurant before you've tried his Chocolate Brownie!! I don't have a particularly sweet tooth but this was to die for!! Enjoy :O)

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank VBurgessUK
London, United Kingdom
“Roger's ribs - unbeatable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Always eat here when I'm on Samed and always go for the ribs - Roger the owner's signature dish. The food never disappoints and guests are often treated to a bit of banter with the old Canadian for dessert. Apparently he used to be in TV...

Visited March 2014