“Don't even think about staying here!!!!”

Le Blanc Samed Resort
Reviewed October 4, 2012

By far the worse resort I've ever stayed in! And I've stayed in many! Just wished i had read the reviews on here before booking a 4 day trip for my family, do not take any notice of there website, very misleading as in truth, the place is a dump! It may have been nice ten years ago when they took the pics for the website!
We refused our deluxe beach bungalow as it smelt mouldy, wasn't clean and had an infestation of mozzies outside our door, so we were moved to the honeymoon suite to sweeten our complaints, I feel sorry for any newly weds that choose this resort! A larger tv and a larger bathroom makes this a suite?? Not even one English speaking tv channels?? Not even a news channel?? Plenty of other nicer places further along the beach as we soon discovered!
Lovely island, terrible resort!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Dyl74

Reviewed July 31, 2012

The resort located on a nice stretch of beach with nice white sand, the rooms we had were right at the back on the resort and could do with some sprucing as the toilet didn’t work and the window blinds were moldy and the a/c had one setting it seemed. The restaurants food was just ok nothing special we decided to eat off resort most of the time but I did make use of the massage service located at the side of the resort and wanted to indulge with the jet skis but thought they were a bit pricey. Another amenity we did stumble upon was the Guerilla paintball which was great fun and was a good way to pass the time, particularly when the weather wasn’t beach worthy, which unfortunately was overcast a lot of the time. I would like to try another resort next time as there are many to chose from and see how it matches up, but don’t think it would have to try to hard to compete!

Room Tip: Try one of the dark wooden rooms they looked nicer!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Seesalt
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Hotel good location BUT not good value for money, room a bit dirty and no safe in room.
Breakfast serve cold, slow and staff not helpful..I have to walk into the kitchen for make my coffee and tea by myself. Set dinner terrible test and seafood not fresh. You have to ask for voucher for beach chair everyday.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Fraya_AH
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Housing only looked nice from the outside. Call us unlucky but the room we stayed in was horrible. It was 40 degrees out and the A/C wasn't working. The water was yellow not clear. Stained, off white towels were neatly placed on our beds. Our room was missing basic condiments. We complained about 5-6 times. They told us there were no more rooms left. They sent a technician to fix our A/C but was unable to do so. Finally and miraculously they told us there is 1 room left and lead us to our new room. It was MUCH better than the other one. The fact that it took us 5-6 times before switching was an unpleasant experience. One of the staff was helpful and friendly, the rest had a hard time understanding us.

Room Tip: Do not choose the cheapest room available.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank missy_xw
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Le Blanc Samed Resort was definitely a ripped off.
Here is a list of what happened:

1. On Arrival at our room, we were greeted by a big pile of dirty bedsheets and towels on the deck at the entrance
2. The room is like an oven even the air-con was turned on full power with lowest temperature.
3. The floor were sticky...
4. On last count, there were four flies performing aviation acrobatic show at all time, and guess what I don't kill
5. No hooks on the wall in the bathroom, I thought that was basic ?
6. One of the doors of the wardrobe was falling and you can't close it
7. No telephone
8. No in-room safe
9. Ferry fee was compulsory but there was no information as to where to take the ferry and I had to find my own ferry on arrival at Rayong

I didn't even stay a single night in this room. To avoid the constant bombardment of the flies, I had to move to stay with a friend in Samed Villa Resort (at half the price but the facilities and features were 10 times better than that of the Le Blanc)!

I won't ever stay in this hotel again even if they pay me to.

Room Tip: Don't even thin about this hotel, unless you want to ruin your holiday
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I had spent my valuable holiday in Koh Samet and I choose to stay in Le Blanc Samed Resort from AGODA web site. Since I believed that there won't be any surcharges or hidden cost, I believed that the cost of the accommodation would be the same (or almost same) with what's written on the front page and I just paid the accommodation fee by credit card without attention. And later I found out that the fee for ferry are added as an extra charge in the bill. But because I had already purchased the ferry ticket in advance, I asked hotel manager to return the ferry fee and he agreed. When I asked for the refund of the ferry fee to AGODA, the manager of AGODA said that the hotel manager reported that I USED the ferry service. So when I called the manager he said that he will confirm to AGODA that I didn't use the service but AGODA was keep saying that hotel manager reported again that I used the ferry service. Even though the money was not significant.. I was very much unhappy and uncomfortable with the lie of the hotel manager.

the hotel room itself is worth of $ 50 / night. Room is independent, small and not much things inside.. but not dirty. it is located at the corner of the beach and transport was not convenient.

I do not recommend..
Breakfast was not so good .. just simple continental style.

Room Tip: well.. if you have no other options..
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I have been living and working in Thailand for years, I have traveled around and stayed in hundres of different places in Thailand and Le Blanc Samet Resort has to be the worst place I have ever stayed at.
The staff are unfriendly and uncaring, they did not clean the rooms as supposed, clean towels and soap seem to be luxury items at this place (we had to purchase our own...!)
We were charged for boattransfer, none seemed to know anything about this when we asked about this service at reception.

We were chocked when I got back from the beach one day and our room was left open by cleaning staff while they were having lunch break.

The chairs at beach front were rented out to day tourist and were never available for the Resorts guests.

Beach towels were unavailable and when we were lucky enough to get some, it turned out that they were used by other guests and handed out to us without washing them first.

I am dissapointed at myself because I did not read these reviews before I booked the room, I hope than no one will the same as I did!

There is a lot of nice places to stay at Koh Samet but this is not one of them and will never be as long as the Manager and his staff walk around and not care for their guests.

[--]