Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a week before heading to Cambodia. The bungalow we stayed in was very basic. The bed was hard and the toilet stank. We paid 600 baht a night which is quite cheap in the grand scheme of thins but we have stayed in a lot nicer cheaper places.

The location of Jep's is good with a restaurant right on the beach. The beach is beautiful here and well maintained with beautiful white sands and hardly any rubbish.

I would not recommend eating at Jep's restaurant. The service was very slow with unfriendly staff and substandard food. We normally walked next door to Toks restaurant where the food was cheaper, nicer and friendly service.

I wouldn't really recommend this place but if you want a cheap nights sleep on a hard bed then stay here!

Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Perfect location, best value for money. Food is fantastic!!!

Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I thought Jep's looked like a nice place to have a quiet dinner and drinks as it looked lovely and was right on the beach.... He got his meal and after waiting 20 mins for mine I asked where it was and they had totally forgotten it. Finally after 40 mins of waiting I received a disgusting piece of overcooked, dried out what sort of looked like beef arrived with no apology. I asked for a free drink to compensate and they flat out refused. I couldn't even cut through the meat as it was so tough - in the end we just walked out and I ate elsewhere.

There were more staff here than customers - you would think we might get decent service as they also have much higher food prices than all the other places on the island. Avoid here at all costs!!

Didn't stay here but from the crap service we got as customers of the restaurant I wouldn't think its much better in the bungalows.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank lilbee99
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Rooms on the beach in Samet are priced higher than what you'd get in Bangkok. On weekends, during high season it is best to have a reservation, so this is one of the few on Saikaew in this price range listed online. I'll admit that the rooms aren't great, but you get air con and hot water, so their prices are fair for what you get.

None of the staff on Samet could be called 'efficient', even the more expensive places have very slow and uninterested service... Don't go to a meal already hungry anywhere on the island because you'll wait longer than you expect, by a fair margin.

But Samet is the best beach island close to Bangkok and has a great vibe. It's a good mix of Thais, expats and a few tourists. It's not Patong or Pattaya and has a far nicer beach than either of those places.

Jep's is on the very edge of saikaew beach, the main beach that is nearest the town. This is handy to go to the ATM or cheaper shops and you could even walk to Jep's from the ferry (about 30 minutes.) Being on the edge of the beach means less noise from jet skis during the day and fewer crowds on the beach. It's also close to the Naga Bar and the Silver Sands, the two main nightspots for watching fire shows. If your room is farther from the beach, it might be possible to get away from some of the noise of the other resorts.

The food at this resort is the best on Saikaew. They have Indian, Japanese, Western and Thai and it's all pretty good for the amount of variety they offer (remember: order early!) Even the coffee is good and they will serve you right on the beach as well as at a table.

The location and the food are the reasons why I've stayed at this hotel several times. Every hotel on Samet has its bad points- it is supposed to be a national park more than a resort. I think that this is a good choice.

Room tip: If you want quiet, ask for a room that is higher up.
Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank sabai_sabai
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We rented three air-conditioned bungalows a yeps and found them adequate for sleeping quarters - which is what we wanted. There were some small ants in one of the bungalows but these were taken care of once we alerted the reception about the problem. The rooms are modest in size and the water preassure equaly modest (in one of our rooms). Shower and everything else worked OK, though. Good firm (but not too firm) bed. Adequate breakfast included in price. The restaurant is quite good - try their desserts!

One odd thing was the placard posted on the bathroom doors stating that no paper might be flushed. Other hotels on Koh Samed did not have same policy.

Room tip: Rooms further up from the road tend to be more quiet.
Date of stay: May 2012