Firstly, DO NOT book this (or any) hotel through Roomsellers.com. We arrived after long coach/ferry/taxi journey from Bangkok and were told by the hotel staff that they had no record of our booking and had not received the money we had paid to Roomsellers months earlier. The hotel staff were initially not very helpful, but eventually we managed to arrange a room for three of the five nights we had booked which we had to pay for again up front - can't really blame the hotel for this. They said they'd had lots of problems with Roomsellers, and that they didn't believe that Roomsellers would transfer our money to them. Roomsellers did refund us about two weeks later, but only after we threatened the involvement of local police.
Anyway, turning to the villas...We stayed in a deluxe villa, which was quite new. The villa was clean, and nicely decorated, and the bathroom was okay. Facilities in the villa were quite basic, there was nowhere to put our clothes for example, but it had a fridge and air-conditioning. The thing I really liked was that our villa was 2 mins from the beach front, we could move between the two as we fancied, and without any effort - ideal for a relaxing holiday.
The grounds of the hotel were very pretty, and peaceful, and the location of the restaurant overlooking the sea was great. We ate breakfast there one morning, and dinner one evening. Breakfast was quite limited, and the food in the evening was good but not the best we had on Vongdeurn beach. If you don't fancy cooked breakfast everyday, but would rather have toast and fruit, don't pay for breakfast in advance with your booking, it's cheaper just to buy each day. Also, there's much more breakfast and dinner choice if you take a stroll down the beach. We ate quite a few meals at the 'Nice & Easy' restaurant on the beach, and the food was very tasty, especially the red curry. I'd also recommend the iced mocha and free wi-fi at the cafe attached (I think) to the Vongdeurn Resort Hotel.
Overall, I'd say the villa was good value for money, and had lots of plus points. I would go back, but I'd definitely book directly with the hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our location is a prime location in second largest beach resort on koh samed, A half moon shaped beach, Ao-vongdeuan has the best sunrise on Koh Samet. our guests can enjoy the nature claimed privacy as well as easy access to many Koh Samet attractions. The C samet Beach Resort is idyllically situated Crescent Moon Island where is curved stretches 500 meters long, The C Samet Beach Resort offers only 62 rooms. The resort's accommodation is comprised of 19 Standard cottage, 25 Sea view cottages , 12 Beachfront cottage and 6 superior Cottages. Our resorts focus on privacy so you can enjoy your getaway with your friends and families. Our resort features facilities such as Restaurant, Thai and International Cuisines and Bar, Thai massage and attraction activity . We have the perfect spot for sunbathing and evening cocktail while watching dazzling sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The C Samet Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vongduern Villa Hotel Koh Samet
- Vongduern Hotel Koh Samet