“If only we'd seen before booking!”
Review of Tubtim Resort

Tubtim Resort
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Ko Samet
Tehran, Iran
“If only we'd seen before booking!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed at tubtim and found everything about the place a bit run down. This is my 10th visit to Thailand and we arrived with no booking but having done our homework we knew this place and the location/cost. The room was full of Mosquitos and only sheer curtains (bright early mornings). We looked at other close hotels and for the same price we moved to the silver sands a few minutes walk away. When we told the manager he was nonplussed. The silver sands staff even took our bags. One plus.... We did enjoy the dinner. Breakfast the next morning was awful.

• Stayed March 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed for two nights recently. Beachfront bungalow, A/C, cable TV, fridge, beautifully soft bed, clean sheers, small balcony and falling distance to the beach. I loved it! Compared with White Sand Beach it is bliss. No Russian tour groups, jet skis or other annoyances. Very quiet in the evening. Many people have complained about the staff but I found them to be pleasant and helpful. Their English is not great but many of them are from up-country and are probably bot getting very high salaries. The food is so-so but if you stick to the Thai food it is fine. Soak up the ambience, clean water, the view and the peacefulness. If you want bland, 5-star, obsequious service then best go somewhere else. I will be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OnandelBangkok
Bali
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The fan room I'm staying in is great and has been greatly improved over the years I've stayed here. For 800baht I think it's a good deal. I do wish they would empty the outside bins on the balcony tho (when I first checked in I had to do it myself). Room was cleaned yesterday, but they left the rubbish in that balcony bin!
The reception staff have been fine. But the restaurant staff, the guys, are awful. Usually I get ignored, or given a menu with disdain after 15 mins. I basically have to sit in the inside part or there is absolutely no chance of being served. Usually I get my own menu and order from the woman at the til. I'm now going to start getting food from the place next door. I'm not sure if this is because I'm on my own so maybe not worth their effort, or it's just their service.
Just for the record, they do know I am staying at their resort.
Anyway, the beach and relaxed atmosphere make up for that.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank JK74
Bangkok
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Tubtim Resort twice and loved it. The bungalows have all the essentials, are clean and the the location is just perfect. We basically were the only ones on the beach in May and October and you can walk along the beach to the center and other beaches. The food of the restaurant is very good.The staff at the reception is not very nice but all in all I would recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Susann R
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed February 15, 2013

we stayed in a bungalow in the A zone, which was really ok. no frills, but clean, bright, with a/c and fan, and a veranda to sit on. well worth the money i would say as we paid the same price before in another resort, which was definitely much much worse.

the beach is nice although a little too busy and packed with sunbeds and umbrellas, but just go round the corner to nua beach for a small secluded beach with few people.

breakfast is not really great, there is no buffet, but you can choose from menu A, which means a boring breakfast with poor quality, and if you're not an egg-and-sausage eater like me, but prefer muesli you just have to pay extra....

the biggest problem here is the staff and their attitude, bored, uninterested, not friendly or helpful at all. mind you, after one week we were here they changed as if they had recognized suddenly that we were staying at their resort! so they CAN be friendly if they want! overall, still a very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank arianna47
Paris, France
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Koh Samed can be hectic, especially during the touristey period from December to February. Beaches get crowded with loud music at night, and although it can be pleasant, it is also nice to be able to go to bed and have a good night sleep. Tub Tim beach with Tub Tim resort offers the perfect option, with a beautiful, clean and quite quiet beach, while still close to Ao Pai beach where the madness is taking place!

Room Tip: Ask for a bungalow higher up, further away from the beach but at least it is quieter and more romant...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank liline92
Province of Reggio Emilia, Italy
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Pros: The seafront room is beautiful and absolutely worth the 3500 baht ( christmas period).
The place has a great location, right on the beach.

Cons:
the lady at the reception is absolutely useless and unhelpful.
She wouldn't even call a taxi for you.
She doesn't even know what room type will be available the next day( I guess she doesn't even bother writing down the room type that are booked).
When we asked if there was availability she said that there will be rooms available the next day but she didn't know which ones.
They say they accept cash only but that's a lie.... As the atm is constantly broken and nobody cares... When I said that I needed to check out, the only kind person working there, told me I could use my credit card.
No room service.
Incompetent waiters... Who bring you the wrong food then they get angry if you tell them.
Nobody will help you with the luggage, they will just look at you and laugh.
Club music playing until 3 am.

• Stayed December 2012