We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Samet
Mossman House
Ranked #17 of 61 Ko Samet B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed here because it was hard work trying to find accommodation in Ko Samet for just one night. The room was OK , but we blew a fuse using the hot water and were told we could only use it on half- "only warm". Also you couldn't flush your toilet paper had to put it in a basket. 1200 baht a night - we have stayed in better hotels in thailand for 350 a night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fred B

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights recently and found the room to be perfectly ok. Close enough to the beach, just a 2 minute stroll and a couple of 7/11's a stones-throw away. Definately good value however it was a suprise that there were absolutely no english speaking channels amongst the 200 or so thai-asian ones. Not a deal breaker for me but add to this very poor wifi connection (dropped out or just not strong enough to register on device) and no in-room safe and I can say that I would not stay here again unless this was changed. I reiterate the room, service etc was perfectly fine for the money but the ameneties were pretty poor.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The hotel is simple and directly in front of the entrance to Koh Samet National Park, the entrance to the beaches. In the direct neighborhood you can find 2 7-Eleven, restaurants, massage etc. Only 2 minutes walk to sand beach.
The rooms are big enough with simple furniture. But it is ok and clean. Only the owner/staff of the hotel are not very friendly. Overall the service on this island gets less exciting every year. It is a pity that in busy tourist areas the service looses on quality because the service provider seem not to need it anymore because of enough customer anyway.

Room Tip: good value for money, who only comes to sleep to the room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is the third hotel we've tried on the island of Koh Samet. It's in the village, on the single, main road that leads to the national park and beach. It's very close to the beach--just a few minutes walk, and you can carry your towel and go barefoot along the street until you reach the sand.

The other hotels we tried weren't as good. The Saekaew Villa room at the beach was appalling. We were going budget (for Koh Samet which is more expensive), but there was no hot water, it smelled of septic (which turned out to be right outside our back window), and the surroundings seemed in a state of disarray and construction. Nothing was worse than the thumping of disco music at 2 am though. Keep in mind, you can spend more and get a much better room here, I expect--I'm just talking about my experience.

Next we stayed at Chilli's in the village. It was a huge relief after our one night in the Saekaew Villa. Super clean. Modern. The waiter in the restaurant is a mega-beeyatch though. We couldn't bring ourselves to eat in the cafe because he's so unhappy to be there. The rooms don't have a view, but open up into the central hallway, which means you don't have a vista nor privacy. A little noisy as people come and go in the hallway.

Which brings me finally to our room here at Mossman House. Lovely balconies with views of Thai rooftops and jungle. It's across the street from Chilli's and the same price. A little older, but so clean and open and bright that I much prefer it. Same price too: 1000 baht off-season. I would head straight here next time. Good internet access. The thing I like about staying on the village road is you can choose from a dozen different restaurants and bars, and it's a reasonably sleepy road (by Thai standards). Sort of quaint, which we could not find in Chiang Mai (and certainly not in Bangkok).

(Additional word of advice about Koh Samet--remember your key deposit when you check out. My impression is the hotel staff around these parts don't help you to remember, and you will simply write-off the lost $20 once you're on the boat back to the mainland.)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
14  Thank Skip B
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My Wife and I stay here every time we visit Samed, for at least 3 weeks , we love it here. Nice clean rooms, lovelly staff, nothing is too much trouble for them. For us it is a home away from home. We stay here as a family at least 3 times a year. I would be very very surprised if anyone stayed here and was not happy. Andy & Chonticha Walker

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank andy1420
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The rooms are spotlessly clean and the rooms are kitted out with all the things you would need for a comfortable stay and more. One nice added touch is the fresh smelling linen. The owner/manager is conscientious.

Room Tip: Try a first floor (European) room
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank seasoned_daveler
Reviewed March 23, 2012

The place is located on the main street; it is clean, quiet, safe, well-equipped and close to the main beach(though the beach is really crowded and a bit dirty). Compared with other guest houses or hotels I saw, I like to say it may not be the cheapest one, but considering its environment, it is the best choice at Sai-kaew beach.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo