All reviewssea viewlotus spasilver sandsao phai beachfire showegg stationbreakfast buffet isbeach frontfamily roomloud musicnice place to staysun loungersother placesthe beach is niceban pheevery eveningprivate speed boat
Reviewed June 10, 2018

This is my second time I stayed in Samed Villa Resort, stuff Mr.Dee J, He is very kind helping me to booked a room so I got a very beautiful room with a super view and Dee j always make sure if I get everything.
Room is clean and breakfast is really good too, I have a really good time.
I will come back and stay at Samed Villa Resort again and I definitely recommend Samed Villa Resort.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
YuiProswissMarketing, Public Relations Manager at Samed Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2018

Dear jennycesco
Thank you so much for taking time give us an amazing 5* Stars rate and write such a lovely review to show us how much you enjoyed your recent stay at Samed Villa Resort.
I will make sure that the message get pass on to our staff Mr. Dee J, im sure he'll be very happy to know that you have compliment him on his good service.
Thank you once again and hope you again soon!

Proswiss - Public Relations Management Team
Samed Villa Resort “The affordable escape in a lush tropical garden facing the sea on Koh Samed, Thailand”

Reviewed June 7, 2018

Was here just before Songkram so review a bit delayed.

My fifth visit I think. Stayed in one of the Beachfront bungalows clean room, everything worked, if looking to nit-pick rooms are a little bit worn and not many English channels on the TV (why watch telly anyway).

Ate at the restaurants most days and food was good, only ate here once in the evening and did find the service a bit rushed, which was a bit unusual. Most evenings I would walk to the main Sai Kaew Beach and drink in the bars there as a bit livelier (recommend Friendly bar).

Only complaint would be when I left the Island the taxi I booked through the hotel was not waiting at the pier like it usually is. Contacted the hotel and was told he was stuck in traffic. As I was leaving on the Friday at the start of Songkram it was a fair enough excuse, but it did give me cause for concern at the time.

Also noticed a few people playing the towel game with the sunbeds which I think the resort needs to put a stop to. Often sunbeds left with just a towel on all morning until the relevant parties turned up early afternoon, surely the beach staff can notice this as I did and remove them.

I would still highly recommend Samed Villa though.

Room Tip: Beachfront Bungalows if in your budget
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank rattlin
YuiProswissMarketing, Public Relations Manager at Samed Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2018

Dear rattlin

Thank you so much for taking time giving us 5* Stars rate and also write such a lovely review on your recent stay and massively appreciate that you always come and stop at our Samed Villa Resort for the fifth times!

I noticed that you mansion about the taxi that late picked you up, we can't apologize enough to have made you worried about it and thank you for understanding the situation.

Thank you for pointing out about the sun bed problem I will make sure this is get report to the management and hopefully we'll find the solution to sort out this problem.
Last but not least, we hope we get to welcome you back again soon.

Best regard,
Proswiss Public Relations Management Team
Samed, Thailand”

Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this remarkable gem for two nights.

We arrived at the resort after a 5 hrs journey from DMK.

We used speed boat from Ban Phe (750b for return) which was a 15 min ride and alight at the beach front. We were caught off guarded and changed to slippers before a lighting from the speed boat.

We stayed in this 2 bedroom for 2 nights. It was 1 min away from the beach. Not touristy.

Rooms were clean. Air con and fans worked well. There were some mosquitoes while my younger daughter sat in the balcony.

There was a convenient store and a atm within Silver Sands Resort which was beside the resort.

Breakfast which comes in the room package was good. The egg station was good. The eggs were well done. There was a wide variety of western and Thai food to choose from.

A excellent stay.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
YuiProswissMarketing, Public Relations Manager at Samed Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2018

Dear iceblended

Thank you for having chosen Samed Villa Resort and for having taken the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay here.

We are happy to learn that you fully enjoyed your stay and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Thank you.

Samed, Thailand”

Reviewed May 23, 2018

First of all..This is an absolutely lovely Place.

I knew this WAS a quiet place, and we came to relax... but this does not mean that you HAVE to eat before 8 pm and you want to go to your room at 10 PM?

But that is what happens... the bar and restaurant closes, and you are politely told to finish up and leave your tables....Why the have to clean up and get ready for next mornings service. There is a bare next door on Silver Sands.. but that is a Club with Techno and raves for the Chinese guests.

It felt like the staff in this place are working 24/7. Guess its due to there is not much else to do on this island. There is NO shifts, you look at the same hard working people every day.. and you can feel and see it in their eyes... they are warn down, and fast at closing down the place every night. The cources are comming fast .. even before you finished. Only a few off them are able to seem serviceminded and give a smile.
That was the dissapointing experience of this.

The bungalows are amazing and clean and the reception is giving excellent service and help with transport.

The thing that you MUST do this place, is to use the Lotus spa. Do not waste your money on massage on the beach. The Lotus spa is Amazing, and affordable. We acutally got ripped off on the beach the first day. Didnt know better. But then we visited the spa.... The girls here really know their stuff, professional and sweet.

You can drive round the island in 2 hours... but nothing much to see... but the beaches. The beach by the hotel is a bit crowded with Chinease tourists, posing in the most strange ways and outfits, taking pictures of eachothers. ;) ;)

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tinedp
YuiProswissMarketing, Public Relations Manager at Samed Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2018

Dear tinedp
Thank you very much for taking time give our Samed Villa Resort a 4* rate and write such a lovely and very thoughtful review.
Thank you so much for the tips to other readers on TripAdvisor about how much you have enjoys our lovely Lotus Spa and thank you for your concerning about our staffs that's so kind of you.
Last but not least thank you for mentioning the opening time at our restaurant, yes the restaurant is close at 10pm but our main bar area is still open till late on at night for you to enjoys the quiet drinks and spend the night your way.
Hopefully our Samed Villa Resort will be one of your choice to choose for your next vacation and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2018

Save yourself a terrible time with horrible service,staff that is non accommodating even the manager who promised to refund me our money for such a horrible experience that did not transpire, the worst was the staff they don't care or are not trained to offer good service

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank parejacalafia
ProswissMarketing, Public Relations Manager at Samed Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

Dear parejacalafia,

I am sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience and meanwhile I am terribly surprise about it. Our hotel has clear terms, conditions and cancellation policy on the website and on booking form as well as presenting in a confirmation email to each guest. If you have followed them correctly there's no reason to hold your refund (if any) as it's definitely not worth to risk our good reputation with it. Our hotel has a lot of frequently guests who keep coming back year after year and it's able to run for decades because the first priority is correct and fair operation to the the guests.

As soon as I have reached your review I promptly acted into detail with the reservation agents, the receptionists and of course the manager (whom referred to your review promised to refund the money to you) whether recently do we have any pending refund or any case as such. Unfortunately, we don't find any record meets the criteria. Therefore, I afraid you probably are confusing our hotel with somewhere else which led you to the wrong hotel post. So please make sure the hotel name.

Moreover, the second point rather than wrong hotel post I am concerning that the refund you mentioned may not about the cancellation but about some other issue during your stay (in our hotel?) - as seen you mentioned about inattentive service which is a bit far from what our staffs are famous for. Our staffs in most cases are friendly and proud themselves on giving fully helping hand to the guests, the tourists and among the local but undeniable mistake could happen everywhere, in every hotel. I realize service mind is also one of the very important keys in every business. Thank you for sharing your experience.

As if you have checked it and it's certainly our hotel and you have followed the terms, conditions and cancellation policy correctly then please contact me directly at your convenience with the proof e.g. booking number, receipt etc. via our contact form on the website, address the first sentence - Ms.Piya about refunding. I would be very glad if I could solve this issue for you.

Piya S.