“Could be better”
Review of Samed Villa Resort

Samed Villa Resort
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Ko Samet
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We spent 5 night over Xmas period in the hotel. We had 3 different bungalows (1 junior family, where the fan didn't work! and 2 superior ones on forest view). Overall the rooms are ok, obviously it is not a five star hotel but for few days nearby he beach it was ok.
However we had two disappointing events both related to the restaurant: the 1st one one day the waiter was very impolite, resuming to do serving or opening the wine bottle...Very surprising coming from a Thai! The second event took pace the day after when we get all sick with the food...
It is a good place to stay but make sure you have a significant quantity of mosquito repellant and visit the other restaurant for lunch and dinner. By the way the breakfast buffet is very basic

Room Tip: All rooms are noisy during the peak season but trying the A bungalow (aside of the hotel) might be b...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 175PatrickL

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I had a nice room/bungalow with sea view. the place was spotless, decorated to a high standard and things like air-con and mozzi screens were excellent. The only real issue I had was the massive disco that kicks off at 10pm and stops at 2am nightly, I found I could mostly drown it out with the air-con but it was a shame because I would have liked to sleep with the door open listening the the sea. I think probably the best sea view villas to avoid the music would be the even numbered ones, the higher the number the better. The food at the restaurant was nice for a few days and seemed very hygienic, it got a little bit samey after that. Stuff like the airport transfers via taxi and boat worked seamlessley and overall the staff were really professional.

Honestly, I would probably not go back to the island, it is getting taken over by pretty cheap booze/sun based tourism but if I did then I would stay here, the accomodation seemed to be much better than most of the rest that I had a nosy at on my morning run.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Danny88_13
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My friends and I stayed at the junior family bungalows for 2 nights, I had to take sleeping pills for sleeping because the disco noise affecting us until 3/4am every night.

The staff is nice however they kept asking the same questions but did not convey the messages to those who are really in charge, such as, transporation arrangement from Samet to Bangkok was made by email at the beginning, I have repeated my address in Bangkok verbally for 4 times for different parties, similar situation happend again and again, there is room for improving the communication skills among the staff AND the transporation service itself (the driver dropped us off without asking us to wait for the speedboat upon arrival at the Rayong pier, I had to run for the driver and asked what is going to happen! other examples will not be listed, in short, pissed me off.

The service at "Lotus Massage" is excellent, please have a try.

After the deposit was made, the responses via email were a bit slow.

Room Tip: Furthest away from the disco noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The resort is located on a very busy beach and the beach chairs are everywhere. Because of the high tide, sometimes there was no beach at all. But at night, the resorts restaurant set tables on the beach and it was very cosy.

Our room was large and worked well for us, nice bathroom and hard, but okey beds. Cleaning was good.

The staff didn't say much and their English was poor, but we managed sufficiently and the staff were friendly enough.

The food was really good. Since Koh Samet is a small island you have lots of choices within a fair distance when it comes to dining, which was very good. And it is indeed very nice to have dinner in the sand!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We had quite the interesting experience here. My mother requested a sea view room for 3 people. It was her first Thai island experience and we really wanted her wowed! The room we got was the one furthest from reception,.... it was really horrible.. I could see how dissapointed both she and my family (aunt and uncle) were from the look on their faces. This room was bordering the neighbors who clearly cared less about where they put their rubbish and such. It was NOT a sea view,.. because you were so distraced by the horrific site of the neighbors. I was pretty shocked that this resort thought that was acceptable,... come on,.. 100 bucks and up for that! I wouldn't pay 5. Not to mention the room was extremely cramped for 3 people. After inquiring as nicely as possible they realized they had a family villa for the same price available.. What a difference!! It was spacious, with a green and wonderful view! We couldnt have been happier.
My husband and I also had a rear view room (I think thats what it was called),.. and the holes in the bedding (clearly from ciggarettes even if washed) when we walked in was a horrible first impression. They really need to be aware of these details as they really do make the biggest difference. The breakfast buffet was amazing! The resort is really beautiful, and besides those "inconveniences" we were are really happy. (It would have been a totaly different review though had they not been able to give us a different room,.. shame on the owner for advertising that as sea view)

Room Tip: Once again I cannot stress being wary about this room furthest from reception,.. A10 I think it was...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alexandra R
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed here around 12 years ago, then it was average, no customer service nothing special, but now it has become a very nice place to stay. The staff are really friendly, helpful and efficient.
The food was great, a nice environment and I found it great value for money. I will be back again in February 14 for sure, I really enjoyed my stay. Thanks to all.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 4ndyman109
Reviewed November 27, 2013

If you like sleeping next to a Disco which has music playing every morning till 3am, stay here!!!..
This resort is next door to Silversands beachfront night club, every night! very loud music...
we checked out after 3 nights, could not stand the place..
The resort is also next to a cesspit that drains into the sea just by the beach chairs.. horrible!!
looks nice on the pictures but beware!!!!!
Beach over-run with wild dogs, including the owners 2 dogs, who wander into the breakast room on the hunt for food..
Miserable swiss owner who never speaks to guests, "unless your swiss friends"
The WIFI the resort offers, doesn't work in guestrooms, go to the resort next door Pudsa bungalows, & Silversands resort both have great WIFI...
Poor very junior reception staff who cannot string 2 words together in english.. hated this place,
there are far better quality places to stay on samed than this place

Room Tip: don't stay here.... Horrible place.....
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends