“Stay away” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Samed Villa Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ko Samet
Samed Villa Resort
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Ko Samet
Athlone, Ireland
“Stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I had planned to stay on Ko Samet for 3 nights.
I had booked into Samed Villa online and paid 1 nights deposit.
I arrived late in the evening after a long days travel, but in Samed they do not give you a warm "Sonny Kai" welcome, The 2 receptionists just sat there and looked up to me, as if I was an inconvenience. I informed that I booked a room, they gave me the forms and told me where to sign and then showed me to my room. They did not speak unless you asked them for something, and every question seemed like an inconvenience.

My room was meant to be a sea view room, but alas I could only catch a glimpse of the sea through the trees. The room was grand, and clean, but then again all the hotel rooms in Thailand are grand. My safe did not work when I arrived, nor did my wifi in the room.
I went back to reception with these problems, to once again be made feel bad for disturbing them. She radioed for some guy to fix my safe, and informed me that the wifi in the rooms doesn't work, the only wifi that works is in the lobby, no apology.

I then went to get a drink and beer, and the usually samed villa service with no smile was in action again at the bar, no greeting or smiles. I sat at a table with menu on it already, then a waiter came over and stood beside me till i was ready to order, he did not speak or talk to me or smile. Once again it seemed to be an inconvienience to him..

My dinner and beer were brought to my dinner, no communication.
The food was really bad and extremely expensive, I had the prawns in tamerind sauce, this cost 280 baht and it was 4 prawns, 4 slices of cucumber and tomato, and sauce on a big plate, really measly and it was very poor. I wouldn't pay that much for 4 prawns in ireland.
The beer was also overpriced.
Whilst eating my dinner there was 2 dogs lounging around the restaurant. These appeared to belong to the staff. I don't mind the dogs, but these dogs were barking and growling. not exactly what I want when I am trying to relax and enjoy some downtime.

I am aware that been an island costs should be a bit higher, but not that high.

When I went to bed, I could hear the music from the silver sands resort all night, and that kept me awake, despite having all the windows firmly closed.

I woke up in the morning, checked out 2 days early and left. On checking out, the only thing that was said to me was to wait whilst someone checked that I didn't use anything from the mini bar.

No thank you, no asking why I was leaving so soon, or not staying for the 3 nights I had booked.
It was off season, the hotel was quiet, and they still couldn't look after the guests they had.
I would hate to see it in the busy time.

Overall, poor staff, poor resort, dirty island. Stay away.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying extra for a sea view, all you can see are trees anyway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank brian82ie
DoodeeAreedee, Manager at Samed Villa Resort, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Mr. brian82ie

We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay at Samed Villa. Your opinion about our service quality is important to us. We will try our best to improve, especially the reception service, to ensure a warm welcome to all of our guests.

We are sorry to hear that the food and its price in our restaurant didn’t satisfy your standards. Our restaurant is well-known on the island for the good value for money. However your issue will be taken seriously.

Concerning the loud noise from Silver Sand Resort's discotheque, there has been a ruling pending at the provincial court for years. In the meantime we have been continuing to use the best construction materials to dam the noise as much as possible.

We appreciate your say and will give our best to improve our services to meet all of our high customer expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kunming, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is our second visit with our two kids-9 and 8 years old. We thought we would try another place down the road, but left after one night as it was more expensive and really about half the value.
The big plusses for me at Samed Villa:1. The staff are really nice and great with kids! Every day they are smiling and happy to see you. Can't beat that. It's not like this at many other hotels around the island. 2. The rooms are spacious, well equipped, super clean and comfortable. 3. The breakfast buffet is very nice--good food and good portions in a very, very clean restaurant. 4. Samed Villa is covered with a beautiful garden and the pathways are lined with plants and flowering trees--really well done and so lovely. 5. All the arrangements are done as promised, no issues with delays or hidden charges. Really professional staff and reservation system.

Bottom line--great value, kids love it, mom + dad love it. All good. Book it--you'll be happy you did!

Room Tip: If you want the lovely sound of the waves and an ocean view, get the villas by the ocean. If you wan...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JohnJohn495
Canada, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed at samed villa for 2 nights. Room was cleaned and good aircondition. We really enjoy breakfast buffet with variety of dishes and freshly cooked. The staff were helpful and friendly. The beach was beautiful and good restaurant for dinner.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is a lovely place to stay on Koh Samed. It's on the Silver Beach and we have been here 2 nights. We arrived dusk and were greeted by a beach with pretty lanterns in the trees and soft jazz music. The music does get more hardcore later on, but that is a bit further up the beach at another place!

The staff were really friendly and helpful and everything (buildings, rooms, bathrooms) are beautiful and modern but with a thai style twist.

The restaurant is nice, it's thai food catered to a foreign taste, so it's not too hardcore spicy or anything. The price is fine and the cocktails are crazy strong, which makes them definitely worth their value!

There was a fire show during dinner, I was in awe the whole time!!

After dinner on both nights we went further up the beach (literally a stone's throw away) to a shisha bar (the silver sands bar) and had shisha and cocktails. There is a kind of mini club/dance floor there too, so we raved to dance music/kpop before heading home.

Because of how close everything is, you can kinda hear the club music from the bungalows (we were staying A12 and B12, which were 2 joined rooms) but it's not too bad.

I seriously have to recommend the Lotus Massage too. It was the most luxurious spa treatment I've had for that price. I had the full package which was body scrub, massage and facial. I fell asleep it was so relaxing...

There are loads of things to do on the.beach during the day, we booked to go snorkelling but as it rained the night before they said it wasn't safe to go, which I was happy with actually, as they didn't let us go just for the money! So we went parasailing instead :)

All in all this has been an amazing experience and this hotel has been amazing. I would so so come.here again!

ONE WARNING - the mosquitoes here are actually insane...BRING BUG SPRAY!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Seoul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

The location is good, only about ten minutes by taxi to the main ferry terminal and right on the beach, the resort provides an ideal base for a beach holiday dar. The beach is nice and clean, although not private. This means there are many hawkers. The rooms are not large but well appointed and modern with everything you could want for a simple beach holiday. Particularly useful and helpful are the mosquito nets over any windows and doors. Breakfast is included and offers a buffet everything you need for a good start to the day - even hot food (both western and Asian). The prices for additional services (food, spa, etc.) are very fair for a resort. Overall, a positive experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jamimo
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is definitely one of the best villa resort I have stayed, the family loved every thing about it. The kids love the beach, my wife loves the massage and man I can get enough of the sleep hehe. We will definitely come back to samet villa, next low season when it's not that expensive than it's value for money for sure. Even in their 'high season' the service was impeccable, friendly and heart warming. The buffet breakfast was another thing we loved about this place, there were plenty great food that fills us up until dinner. This is by far the best beach I've been to in Thailand.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Peaceful-Ringo
Antibes, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

First time on the island, magical place. We tried the restaurant nearly everyday, we did a couple around but samed villa one was the best with descent prices... Staff are nice and smily.... The place is magical and we had the chance of a good weather although it was is May...

• Stayed May 2013