“Nice clean rooms, near the beautiful beach”
Review of Samed Villa Resort

Samed Villa Resort
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Ko Samet
Notteroy Municipality, Norway
“Nice clean rooms, near the beautiful beach”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This resort is looking much nicer now than it used to. they seemed to have spent a lot of effort in making the grounds nicer, and their rooms are quite new and nice. We stayed at a family room, with two single beds, and a double bed. lots of room! Their restaurant is also quite nice, and you can sit on the beach and order drinks and food all day long. Their breakfast is quite good, and over all I really think this is a good option when on Samet.

Room Tip: The superior rooms are higher up, and seems cooler than the normal rooms. so if you like to sit outs...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank sn4p

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
bend oregon
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I traveled alone here to get a break from Bangkok for just 2 days. It was worth the trip over. My bungalow was very clean and had a sweet view of the ocean. The price seemed good, when I walked around I did not see any other place that looked this nice. the staff was so so. Some were nice others not rude but not friendly. At dusk the mosquitoes were crazy, it had been raining a bit maybe thats why but it made eating out almost unbearable. Front row loungers get taken early! To me it's weird that people put towels on loungers at 6 or 7 am then don't use it till noon or so. If you get up for a 1/2 hour or so fine but don't just let it sit for hours with no one on it! Food was ok, nothing to write home about. The beach was very small, you can walk over the rocks to nearby beaches, mostly all crowded. If you only have a short time this is a good place for a break but if you a few extra days go to koh chang.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sofistka
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with a friend. Plenty of space in the room for suitcases so not tripping over them. Clean, comfy beds. Breakfast adequate. Staff very friendly and helpful. Good value for money.

Room Tip: By accident I clicked on Swimming pool and it won't let me delete the comment. Can't rate it...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Perfect beachfront location on a paradise island.

We stayed in a garden view bungalow which was very nice and a bargain at around £35 a night (high season). Nice comfortable king size bed and good air conditioning (we needed it!)

Room was cleaned every day with a free bottle of water for each person left by the cleaners.

A few Mosquitos managed to get in despite the screens over the doors and windows but there was a useful electric swatter in the room that catches and kills any flying insects easily!

Staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet was good, freshly cooked omelettes with your choice of filling, toast, sausages, ham, fresh fruit, cereal etc, etc. the only annoying thing was there there were quite a few flies around some of the food but that had to be expected as the eating and buffet areas are all outside!

Dinner is served on the beach and is all reasonably priced with plenty of choice. They also had barbecues with fresh meat and fish that you could choose before it was cooked. The only downside were the local vendors selling sky lanterns and other junk (but I did buy a sarong which I was very happy with!)

There are a couple of resident dogs who hang around on the beach, were very friendly and were a nice addition as we missed our dog!

You can hire a kayak from the hotel which is an excellent way to see some of the beaches along the east coast of the island. Local women offer foot scrubs and massages which are cheap and worth having.

I would also recommend hiring a quad for the day from down the beach. There is plenty to see on the island although the roads are Dodgy and are just mud tracks that a normal car could never use! Anyway I digress...

I would definitely recommend staying at the Samed Villa Resort. There is a lot of accommodation on the island but I didn't see one that I would rather have stayed in. Would love to return here some time, a must if you are planning a trip to Thailand and want to spend some time in Paradise (bear in mind that some parts of the island are very poor though, the locals live in awful conditions in shacks that stink and are surrounded by rubbish!)

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike H
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed at a really bad hotel at Koh Samed, but our friends stayed at this resort. And therefore we spend a lot of time here, and they treated us like we where guests! They had a nice family bungalow with one nice room with veranda for the adults and a bathroom. The kids had their own room with bathroom on the other part of the bungalow. We enjoyed ourself at the beach, at the spa (which was amazingly good to a nice price) and at the restaurant. If you ever go to Koh Samed I would definitely stay at this resort. Its definitely worth the cost!

Room Tip: All rooms are quite. Very suitable for small children.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JohanneSofie
Reviewed January 12, 2013

WOW!!! Its was great! Not just because our room is front row connected to the beach view but when I compared Koh Samed that I ever been last 10 years ago ... just can say WOW. Its really still in a good condition. Beach, People, Nature ... still really nice.
Hotel room for us is really good, Not too big and too small but have all what people need on the trip. What is good idea is Mosquito Killer! ( Look funny machine but worked good! )
What surprised me most is people who woked there soooo friendly and helpful although sometime seem like less worker to take care all guests in high season but still very very fine and they was soooo active. Specially on the 24 December during Gala Dinner, WOW they working soooo hard and
let me tell you ...
GALA DINNER was Sooooooo Extreamly Good taste and Resonable prise!!!! I was many GALA dinner on new year and Christmas time in Thailand but can say "Gala Dinner from Samed Resort was great, got 100 points!" , also in anothers evening we only ate at the Grill restaurant of the Hotel because the taste soo good and service again as always GOOD!
What only annoed me is typical europian behavior about booked the Sunbed in every morning... its too extreamly selffish, specially you cant fight with the big group if you are single in the trip or a couple travellers ...although its really HARD to solve but I hope that all traveller have respect to each other more then everybody will happy in all holiday everywhere in the world!

But some travellers also was nice and sooo kind there too.

I can say that my trip in Samed Island was great, Also sellers was nice and prise was ok too, Chicken Grill on the beach ( Its really good taste! ) . Dont forget to try one!

Room Tip: Room A1 was sooooo good! Directly view to to the beach in the right view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Behambiland
Lysekil, Sweden
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Samed Villa offered us, family with teenagers, a perfect stay for a week. The breakfast was great with a variety of dishes, lots of fresh fruit and an egg station where you could get omelets or fried eggs just as you liked them. We had lunch and dinner at the restaurants a few times and were never disappointed - fresh and tasty food at a good price. The surroundings is very nice and our bungalows were good, clean, had effective AC and big verandas. There is also a very nice spa at the hotel, well worth a visit.

We booked transfer from Suvarnabhumi airport and it worked out fine, as we were a bit late the speed boat wasn´t there when we arrived at Ban Phe but after a phone call to Samed Villa, a boat turned up within 10 minutes.

I guess the beach is nice enough but a bit crowded, so instead we walked about 100 meters to the next beach which we found more at our taste.

Some people has written about the noise from the disco nearby and yes, there is some noise but not really loud. I guess it also depends on which bungalow you stay in...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family