“Closed for the season/forever?”
Review of The Smoke House Khao Yai - CLOSED

The Smoke House Khao Yai
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had been looking for this place, found it but it was empty. No signs of seasonal/permanent closure. The place looked poorly kept and a bit depressing. To be fair it was closed but did not look as good as the reports.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I went there at 14:30 so the place wasn't over crowded. Food quality was good but frankly did not match the price. Despite high prices I did enjoy my meal. I would like to say to the staff "it doesn't hurt you to smile a little bit".

To sum up, for me Smoke Housr is a good place, not great. Enjoy your meal!!!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I heard a lot about this place so I was expecting quiet a lot when I went there. Result was only disappointment! They advertised beers they don't have, food quality is really average. Terrible bread basket so when you start with this so poor quality then it already ruin your meal. My pizza was really not good due to poor quality mozarella. Long story short I went once and will the last one. There a lot of better restaurant to try in Khao Yai.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The outlook from the restaurant is beautiful - natural open countryside with hills framing the far background.
The restaurant is mainly open air and dominated by a live band from 6:30 onwards. The band we saw were OK. A female vocalist doing common cover songs and a male guitarist who also sang but would have been better sticking with the guitar.
Surprisingly the western food was better than the Thai food. My three friends all had pasta dishes which were very nice. I had sweet and sour seabass which had that heavy oil taste so wasn't that good.
Very cheap Prosecco at 800 and something a bottle.
Complimentary bread basket which included a croissant which I found very weird.
Overall not bad. Probably worth going for the setting alone.
Service was OK.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

From outside it look nice, restaurant deco nice but that's it! Food not good, pizza poor quality, home sausage horrible. I just give good comment on the cake and home made sorbet but the rest of food not at all ( maybe I give a plus on pasta beef ragout). By the way they should be shame at them to give so poor quality bread basket. People who give you such poor product should consider to do different job than a restaurant. So long story short not much tell only wont to back there and won't recommend anyone to go.

2  Thank Birmii