Oleander is located in the heart of Madikeri. It is close to city center, but still calm. There was no vehicle noise from nearby roads.
Pros of Oleander:
1) Value for money: Paid around 9800 bucks for 3 night stay. Got a discount of around 1500 from Cleartrip, and used a coupon for 500 bucks.
2) Breakfast included in the price. Breakfast is freshly prepared by the caretakers, and really hygienic.
3) Lunch and dinner can be ordered, however one need to inform at least an hour in advance since they are freshly prepared by the caretakers.
4) Close to Madikeri city center and in close vicinity to some good restaurants nearby
5) Walkable distance to the auto rickshaw stand
6) Excellent room with all the required amentities
7) Bathroom fitting are of Jaguar and Kohler brand
8) 24x7 hot water
9) Tea is delivered within 10 minutes of order. Price per tea is 20 bucks, which I feel is very reasonable. Don't miss the tea if you happen to stay here!
Cons of Oleander:
1) Parking: 3 cars can be parked in the basement, although in a single file. If your car is parked at the end, then you'll have to request others to take out their cars. It didn't bother us much since the other guests came in a big group and they had arranged a mini-van for themselves, which was always parked outside.
2) Bathroom was not washed perfectly. There were yellow stains present. The tap came off when I tried to turn it, however I was able to fix it myself.
3) No elevator. There are 3 floors. We stayed in the first floor, and hence we didn't face much problem. However those staying in second and third floor might need an elevator.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treebo Oleander Serviced Apartments provides home-like comfortable stay options at the heart of Madikere, close to most of the tourist destinations and the city life. There's chargeable laundry options and parking space available at the property. The little garden and the common balcony on every floor provide space for relaxed tea times and small walks. All the rooms have an access to the common area and shared kitchen on each floor. The kitchenette is equipped with a gas stove (induction heater can be provided on request), microwave and fridge. To avoid cooking, you can order two hours before you need and get homely vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals from the caretaker’s kitchen on the ground floor. All the rooms have their own LCD television with cable/ DTH connection. The private bathroom has a shower cabinet, water heating facility and Treebo Toiletries. Treebo provides free Wi-Fi throughout the apartment and complimentary breakfast for all its guests. The hotel is 260 meters from the KSRTC bus stop, 85 km from the Subramanya Road railway station and 131 km away from the Mysuru Domestic Airport. Taste of Coorg and Popular Guruprasad are restaurants nearby. Coorg has unlimited places to see, the Omkareshwara Temple (0.5 km), Raja’s Tomb (1 km) and Abby Falls (9 km) are the closest from this Treebo property. Madikere is a shopping destination itself. You can step out to explore various shops and buy from the specialties of Coorg i.e., homemade chocolates, spices, honey and coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Treebo Oleander Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.