“A few days of peace and tranquility”

Vivanta by Taj Madikeri
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Madikeri
Jamshedpur, India
“A few days of peace and tranquility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and regret so much for not planning to be there for a few more; after the long drive from Bangalore Airport you enter the lobby and the only expression is Wowww.... the stunning views of the lush green and misty rain forests, the chirping of the birds, it is just fantastic; the hotel is within its own 180 acres of lush forests and coffee plantations just that right distance away from Madikeri town; the cottages are excellent, we just loved the decor , built on the hill slopes, with the buggies always available for transport; lots of activities available and must make a special mention of the indoor pool celsius 2 - doubt whether there is ay other place with a pool with such views; lots of stuff for children to indulge in at the activity center plus lots of outdoor activities; I would give this place a 5 except that I found the service at the Ferntree restaurant slightly deficient specially when compared with other Vivanta's and so my rating is 4.75 - but that in no way takes away the credit from this fantastic place that Taj has built in Coorg

Room Tip: Rooms which are at a higher altitude for the better views - series 1000 -3000
1 Thank Prasanto
VBTMadikeriCoorg, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Madikeri, responded to this review, May 21, 2013

Our Hotel is a biosphere for the cosmopolitan wanderlust seeking a new
holiday experience or great mornings and splendid sunsets with lots to do in
between.

Your extended family here at the hotel looks forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Krishan Kant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
Pune, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Our association with the Taj is now a long one and we stick to the Taj if one exists at the destination we are headed to… we value the consistency in quality and hospitality that a Taj property offers, always leaving us with a positive experience. Our stay at the Taj Madikeri was no different, except many time better than all past experiences at the Taj!

We were here to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary with another couple who had recently celebrated their 1st wedding anniversary. We stayed here for 3 nights and each day got better than the last, and while the awesome food, the luxurious chalets, the misty evenings, expansive serene views of the valley (and forest) from the rooms are all overwhelmingly intoxicating and quite incomparable to anywhere else in Madikeri; the real differentiating factor were the Taj employees here. From the GM at the property to the FnB manager and the guys who delivered our room service orders or drove us around in the buggies; one thing was consistent - great attitude, a welcoming smile and an obvious passion for hospitality!

We went to Madikeri with our tabs and smart phones synced with research and GSP coordinates of places to visit in Coorg, but once we checked in, we didn’t leave till we 'had to' checkout. This place is affordable luxury like we have not seen before! We spent time in the pool sipping cocktails, relaxing at the spa, forest walking, eating and eating some more… the food here was really good! There was ample variety to choose from for the 6 meals we ate, without the need to repeat anything. Breakfasts is open till later than average, allowing you to wake up late and still catch your included breakfast.. a thoughtful detail worth mentioning. I could go on telling more about how great our experience was, but I think it is best experienced than heard or read.

Photos attached.

Room Tip: pick the rooms in the 1, 2 or 5 series as those are higher up on the hill slope and offer grander vi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
VBTMadikeriCoorg, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Madikeri, responded to this review, June 1, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am proud to be working with a team of fantastic individuals who with their tremendous commitment to quality service create unforgettable experiences for all our guests. It is so special to know that you were impressed with all your interactions with the team.

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We took a family trip in May 2013 to Madikeri. We stayed for 4 days at Vivanta by Taj ,in Madikeri.

Beautiful place,food was great ( less options for veg though, mostly thai veg) the staff is very cordial , there's no rush or hurry,waiters are very attentive . We went on a property tour and were introduced to mulberry bushes and even sampled a few! The rooms have an amazing view of the forest ( no ac, was not required ,though it may be hotter in the later half of May) Sweeping clouds greeted us in the evening and early morning. The spa was absolutely rejuvenating , again very decent and gentle staff. The indoor swimming pool is temperature controlled , so its great for evening swims .Wonderful place to unwind.

2 Thank leena_dash

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Housed within a 180 acre living, breathing rainforest, perched at 4000 feet above sea level on an idyllic hillside and with more than 350 species of flora and fauna for company. The indoor heated pool with stunning views , Invigorate oneself at the Jiva Grande Spa with a warm wood fired Gudda bath or ruminate at our Buddha garden or simply cosy up at the fireplace. Just some of our unique Vivanta motif experiences which create an unforgettable impression.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

It took us a seven hour journey from B'lore airport to reach Taj Madikeri, but the moment we stepped into the grand entrance lobby, everything else was forgotten in front of the stunning views of the valley and the hills. We stayed for only 2 nights, but will always have amazing memories of this place. The property is beautiful. There are very steep slopes if you want to walk around, but the golf carts make it quite easy. The room was very pleasant with a separate fireplace. Swimming in the heated pool with views of the valley was a great experience. Sitting past midnight at the grand lobby with mist all around us can never be forgotten. They lose one point because the north Indian food could've been better and they need to fix their showers. On the same temperature setting, the water used to go from very hot to perfect to chilled. These were the only niggles in an otherwise perfect stay.

Another great aspect about our stay was the great hospitality shown by the entire staff. Thammiah, Akhil, Ajjo, Ghosh, Lander, Krishna Kant himself, the list is long, but the courtesies extended and their special gestures - making little elephant and dog from towels for the kids, special pastries to greet them, Strawberries and mulberries from their own farm, stopping the carts and plucking mulberries from bushes in the property, will never be forgotten.

We also went for a nature walk with Abhishek Jain and the guy is an encyclopedia. It was a great experience. They have a pottery studio and my daughter had a great time learning the art. The Zen garden is beautifully done. They also have a decent activity room for the kids, but perhaps could organize more games instead of relying on X Box. Both my kids had great time with their individual activities. The hotel staff made sure that the kids were very comfortable at all times, kids still remember their Queeny Didi from housekeeping, who made sure that their supplies were adequate.
Looking forward to going there again very soon

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

On behalf of the entire team here , I wish to express my gratitude for your kind words about our hotel.

It has given us a reaffirmation that our private Eden in this breathing rainforest, offers an abode for our guests to enjoy.

I have conveyed your appreciation to the team members and they are ecstatic to know your comments and the praises that you have for them.

Your extended family here at the hotel now looks forward to welcoming you back very soon to what we now hope is your new home in Coorg.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

What a location ! What a view ! What a hospitality !

Mr. Krishan Kant Aggarwal and your team, take a bow !

Its only till you get there ! Once you go into the lobby, your jaw drops and the team Vivanta with their impeccable service with a smile spoils you till you leave the lobby after your checkout !

Where do I start ?

Heated Infinity Pool, Gym, Sauna and Steam - Check
Activity Centre - Check
Jiva Spa - Could do better
The Pool Villa - We stayed at PV 4 - Awesome

Besides this we went for the Nature Walk, my wife took a Thai Culinary session and I tried my hand at Pottery !

We had an awesome trip !

God Bless !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ISMAIL2012
VBTMadikeriCoorg, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Madikeri, responded to this review, May 9, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I wish to express my gratitude for your kind words about our hotel and for our friendly associates. Bhagyashree including others are very thankful to you for the compliments.

Mr Sait , It has given us a reaffirmation that our private Eden in this breathing rainforest, offers an abode for our guests to enjoy and ruminate. Your testimonial will go a long way in encouraging us in our endeavor to provide the highest quality of product and service.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have traveled over the world and India and stayed at some of the nice hotels, but this comes in the top 10.

Great location, the actual location is better than what you see in the pictures. The road to the place is not bad. It looks like a new cement road.

Great service, typical Taj. They won't say no and always try to go the extra mile. Some examples of these small touches: I asked the person at indoor pool for elevator location, and he went to elevator, and kept the door open for me. They washed my car on the day of checkout. They called me a day in advance to get my food, pillow preferences etc.

Food is great, but on Saturday night it was crowded. Everyone rushed to the restaurants after the cultural programs, so service took a slight hit.

I stayed in Deluxe Delight room and had an excellent view.

Good array of activities offered but you have to pay extra. I took the Zipline in rain forest and mountain bicycle ride. They both are good.

One suggestion is they should have cultural programs every day not just on Saturday like they do in Taj Kumarakom and other places.

Room Tip: Valley view on top of the hill in 2xx series.

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Your testimonial will go a long way in encouraging us in our endeavor to provide the highest quality of product and service. You will be happy to note that we have been included in the 2013 'It' list in the American edition of the Travel & Leisure magazine and Conde Nast US and UK Hot Pick list 2013.

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Hi all,

Taj, my favourite destination always and for every year break i take to unwind myself. Last year it was Taj, Kumarakom. This year we planned to go for an hill view. 182 acres of plush forest, chirping birds, insects, spotlights all the way down the path. Awesome experience. One should taste the lavish buffet dinner @fern tree restaurant. Mouth watering! Taj has around 30-50 buggies to take you around the property. Most of the vegetables like tomato, chilly, mint leaves, cabbage, carrot are grown in the forest. Strawberry garden do visit when u go there. Next is the huge SPA. Its the only Taj, you get to see a 20000sq.ft spa with courteous staff to guide you and provide treatment. Also, you have an indoor and outdoor pool. We missed to swim. Go for nature walk, its lovely. From Madikeri town its 10km up the hill, concrete roads laild by taj i think so.

Fine, i would like to thank Soujeesh, Chef Selvakumar, Swati personally for the kind courtesy. Missed to see the owner and partner of this Taj, Madikeri Mr. Pramod Ranjan from my place(Chennai) :)

Taj, will soon start its Lakshwadeep operations.

Our next destination is Taj, Bhutan

Bye all my sincere guests who refer to Trip advisor reviews as i do every time and select he best.

Thank you!
V.Madhusuden

Room Tip: Take Premium indulgence room for a superb forest view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Our Hotel is a biosphere for the cosmopolitan wanderlust seeking a new
holiday experience or great mornings and splendid sunsets with lots to do in
between.

Krishan Kant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madikeri
Orange County, Coorg
The Ibnii
The Ibnii
#6 of 21 in Madikeri
Ambatty Greens Resort - An Amritara Private Hideaway

Been to Vivanta by Taj Madikeri? Share your experiences!