I with my family stayed at Udaya during end of sept2017. The house is tastefully done with soothing decor. we were greeted by the owners with a friendly smile. They were very polite and took care in explaining every detail and amenities. Her husband too was very humble and guided us with our tour plan. On our last day, Mrs Preeth especially made a Coorg delicacy for breakfast. She was a perfect host and treated us like family.
Some fine details for potential travelers:
- Rooms are spacious and bedding comfortable.
- Outside porch is the best place for having morning tea and enjoying the misty weather
- Care taker is a nice lady, stays at backside, and immediately available on call. We requested tea on our arrival which she readily prepared.
- Hot water supply available in bathrooms/kitchen
- Place is at walking distance from main market (1-2 km)
- Popular restaurants provide delivery to Udaya, in case someone opts to dine-in. They charge transportation extra.
- Restaurants are also nearby within 1-2 km
- Udaya is near "Spice Place", good place to buy spices.
- Udaya is perfectly safe and away from hustle bustle, thus providing a peaceful stay
- RO drinking water available
- Soap/Towels available in Bathroom
- Kitchen related:
--For self cooking, utensils are available, supplies need to be arranged by traveller
--For breakfast, ask care taker what she will be providing. in our case, she cooked dosa-chatni-sabji and on our request she made aloo parathas for kids.
-- For dinner, have to inform caretaker in morning so she may arrange supplies.
In summary, eventhough this was my family's first experience at Homestay we really liked it a lot. The owners are very nice and friendly people and will immediately make u feel at home. I strongly recommend this homestay to all who wish to visit Coorg.
Totally loved the stay there. The property is amazing to chill out and relax, and it's location is also great. The hosts are really amazing and we thoroughly enjoyed their breakfast and conversations with them about local stay experience. Highly recommend it to others.
I was contemplating a 3 or 4 star but stuck to 3 since i really dont think its extraordinary.
First of all location...yes..it is in the heart of the city..close to Raja seat but you drive all the way here to have some good views and walk in the garden but sadly this has none. It has an average view from outside.
Second..which is my biggest issue..there is no food provided here which is ridiculous. Homestay..you just want to relax and no go in search of restaurants!
On the flip side the property is excellent and the hosts are friendly though i felt a loss of privacy when the host suddenly walked in from the back door and telling us not to lock the back door. Lovely hosts and a good property in summary but average because of everything else.
me and husband were in the middle of transsitionf orm gurgaon to bangalore and needed a break desperately before we get into the new busy life and Udaya homestay at Madikeri was a perfect getaway for us . The Place was absolutely spic and span and very peaceful and quiet . We got all the much needed rest that we wanted there. The cottage is located not far form the town area but in a calm area. One should definitely stay here with family.
We were so excited to see the pictures on the website and the house looks exactly how it appears there and that is beautiful . However what we liked most are the hosts, there warmth and pleasing personality made the whole stay memorable. The house is well maintained not too much of decoration just the right thing at the right place.I am going to surely recommend this to my friends and want to go back and stay few more days. Thanks Madam Preeth and Mr Prem (:
Details about the place.
1. The house has two bedroom , one of the bedroom can accommodate 3 adults and the other 2.
2. Caretaker lives right behind the house and is available till 10pm.
3. Ms Preeth comes in the morning with breakfast 09AM (amazing food).
4. Lunch and dinner can be ordered from outside restaurant. We ordered from Green hotel, quick service and good food.
5. The place is right at the beginning of the madikeri town. Landmark (India oil Petrol bunk)
6.Wifi available , signal strength little weak in our room though. Hot water too.
I know this is a late review, because its been two years since our stay. Within this time we have been to so many places both in India and abroad. But never found a place as peaceful and relaxed as Udaya. And not to mention never met such wonderful and warm hosts like Mr. & Mrs. Prem. I was just going through some old albums and found some pics during our time here. Couldn't resist myself to write praises for the people who made our days cozier and happier. Highly recommended for Couples and family. Truly a heaven.
I looked up this homestay on TripAdvisor and based my choice on the ratings.
I must say I was not at all disappointed and it was just great. Ms. Preeth and Mr. Prem are wonderful hosts and we loved their hospitality. We got the chance to meet Mr. Prem's mother and it was wonderful speaking to her as well. The caretake Ms. Ashwini is there when you need else she is almost invisible. The property itself is very well maintained and well appointed. My kids had a gala time and I too had a restfull 2 days stay. It is just off the main road but still surrounded by scenic hills and other bungalows. The kitchen also has all facilities and we cooked a bit for the kids as well. Would love to visit again.