“Superb Coorgi food”

Coorg Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Madikeri
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed May 19, 2014

On my last trip to Coorg over 5 years ago I had sought some place to relish Coorgi food but had been unsuccessful. This time around I had done some research before arriving in Madikeri. So as soon as we drove in to town we sought directions to Coorg Cuisinette. It is situated close to the bus stand on the main road , so we found it quite easily.
It is a small restaurant which can accomodate only about 8 groups at a time. We were there for lunch and quite early too, so we got a table on arrival.
They have a limited range, but all very typical coorgi dishes.
We ordered the famous pandi curry (pork),okki rotis(crisp rice rotis) kuru curry(fresh rajma), bamboo fried,plain rice and passion fruit juice.
Each and every dish we had was excellent and had characteristic uniqueness to it.
The food was very reasonably priced too. The service a little slow, but well worth the patience!
I am looking forward to eating there again.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

I was excited to eat local food, and that too Non-veg, that excited me a lot. I had always herd about cori roti, but this restaurant turned me down saying you are late by 15 minutes, we stop serving roti at 2.30 pm. none the less, I had rice and local chicken delicacy which was fantastic and I had already burried tha hatchet of not being served cori roti.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Food Quantity is Good. Prices are reasonable.Pandhi Curry and Ghee rice ( no gravy is served with rice items - means you hv to order at least two dishes). when bench marked against authentic cooking did not measure up. Chicken Curry and Veg Curries were good. Difficult to comment as this must have been just one of the days some of the dishes very not very good.
Some items on the menu are not available.
For dessets you have only ice cream and no local dishes.
Meal per person approx Rs 200

Reviewed April 29, 2014

its a must visit place for all non vegetarians to feast on the pork dishes they make, absolute value for money. the place too is clean and well decked up.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Looks like Madikeri has very few eating choices. I found this place only average -

Pro's:
- The food tastes good, especially the Coorg-traditional non-vegetarian chicken/pork items, and the accompanying nool-puttu (noodles) and kadambuttu (rice balls)
- Value for money

Con's:
- The place is tightly packed during lunch-time
- Service is exasperatingly slow
- Too little variety, just the standard Coorgi dishes, nothing else!

2  Thank DeepakRam