“Sublime!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madikeri
Honey Valley Estate
Reviewed September 17, 2013

One of the best places i have stayed at. Green all around, streams flowing, birds chirping, what else do you need when you want to go away from the hustle bustle of the city. Perfect place to relax. The host Suresh is very friendly, food is good, they serve beer and awesome locally brewed wine.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good except the ones which are located at the lowest level
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is the second time I went to Honey Valley.

Previously I went with my parents and during the winter. This time with my wife and in the monsoon. This place offers you an excellent stay for all your company and all your seasons. Summer and Winter are ideal for treks around the place ranging from short treks to day long treks, including the highest peak in Coorg region. This time the waterfall in the estate was at its majestic best.

Situated only 6-7 hours drive from Bangalore, I'd recommend Honeyvalley to anyone and everyone. It's not your luxurious outing, but a very beautiful place that offers basic necessities, delicious food and a vacation beyond your belief.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nishitd
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Honey Valley in Coorg is one of the place which is very close to nature, Simple and neat rooms, Wonderful homely food, location of the estate and the nature makes this place a perfect for any nature lovers and those who wants to away with city rush.
This is a perfect place for someone who want to watch the nature for hours, have a plantation tour, trekking to various routes through the estate and also a to a small water falls withing the property.

Food is quite simple and tasty home made food in local style, don't expect the lost list menu.

Overall, Wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank PraveenByrappa
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Liitle did I have the idea when I started the drive from Bangalore that how sweet would Honey Valley be.It was sweet and refreshing indeed. Nesting among the green hills and dense coffee, pepper and cinnamon plantation, Honey Valley offered me one of the memorable trips of my life. Though it was a very short stay and the incessant rains barred us from trekking and exploring the nature around, nevertheless it was adventurous to stay in the cradle of nature and realize what calmness is, specially being used to the hum-drums of city life. Honey Valley is very quiet, be it daytime or at night. I could only hear the pitter patter of the rain or sometimes even strained my eyes against the green hills to test if it was drizzling really. The quietness and peace of the place had struck the numerous pet dogs too, I didnt event hear them bark during my stay of 24 hours. The dense foliage at the estate and its surroundings provided a rest for the eyes and the pristine beauty of the acres and acres of plantation refreshed the battered, struggling mind. We heard there were workers inside the estate, who resided there with their families and some of them trekked 7km each day to Honey Valley, which is on top of the hill. The good collection of books at Chengappa family's library can also enrich a vacationer who would not want to venture out much due to a plethora of leeches and frogs.

Room Tip: If you love to exercise a bit, then you can choose a cottage / room at any of the levels, or else, s...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

To say that I enjoyed my stay at Honey Valley would be an understatement. The resort is a charming little settlement located atop a hill with its own, private waterfall. The manager, Jyothi, an avid traveller herself, will tell you all you need to know about the place. Treks, sightseeing, or just the best route for a peaceful morning jog, you name it...Honey Valley was the perfect weekend getaway. I loved it's rustic charm and the long jeep rides up and down the hill. The food was though, was one of the biggest surprises for me. I was expecting simple rice and curry but we were served Authentic Coorgi homestyle food, cooked with a smile. Pandi curry (pork), avocado salads etc. Very impressive. The cottages are perfect. We also had a great view to boot. It's perfect for a couples getaway or for a quiet trip with close friends. They say Christmas is the best time to visit. I'd take their word for it.

Room Tip: Just tell the manager what the purpose of your stay is. The honeymoon suites are cozier but you coul...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ashwin_Rasquinha89
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Its awesome place, we never been to such place before. We liked the place especially when went by walk from Kabbinakad to Honey Valley, its advisable to go by walk. We can see beautiful nature, smell aromatic pure air, soil.

Suresh (proprietor) and his wife are friendly and caring. Food is good, tasty & hygienic. Honey Valley don't have TV which is good part, as we enjoyed the nature instead of sitting in front of TV. Weather is so cool that we don't require fan over there. Good place to be close to nature and far from pollution and fast moving life.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, according to your budget you can plan.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We decided to take a little getaway for my daughter's 18th birthday and chose Coorg for its beauty. She loves nature and trees, so Honey Valley seemed the perfect location.

From the first call to Honey Valley, we knew this was a special place. They didn't even ask us for more confirmation that our word we were coming, and called us back to confirm our arrival time (so they could include us in lunch), and make sure we had the correct directions. The jeep was there waiting for us at the bottom of the mountain, and the drive was exhilarating.

Our rooms were bright and clean and the property had little signs of loving care all over it. And the view-you just have to see it to believe it! All our meals were served on time and were so much better than even our other homestay trips had served; our family unanimously agreed that all future coorg trips would be to Honey Valley.

The private waterfall on their property was a delight to the eyes and the senses, and the bird and plant life so refreshing and peaceful. Everything was wonderful.

We would have stayed longer if we had brought more clothes with us, it was just magical....we're already planning our next stay back. Jyoti and Suresh made us feel like one of their own family and were so thoughtful and warm throughout.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madikeri
Heritage Resort Coorg
The Tamara Coorg
The Tamara Coorg
#1 of 1 in Yavakapadi Village
Club Mahindra Madikeri, Coorg

Been to Honey Valley Estate? Share your experiences!