“Heritage feel and ambience with a classy touch”

Heritage Resort Coorg
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Madikeri
“Heritage feel and ambience with a classy touch”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Excellent location, cottages are well laid out, spacious and adequately furnished with heritage touch.

Limited number of cottages makes the resort more exclusive.

Ambience in the Resturant is good and matches the quality and the taste of the food.

Polite and cooperative staff.

Enjoyed the hospitality.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Venkat N
HeritageResortCoorg, Vice President - Operations at Heritage Resort Coorg, responded to this review, October 10, 2016
Dear Guest,

We are glad to note that you enjoyed your stay at Heritage Resort Coorg. We are also happy that you liked the location, property, rooms, ambience, food and hospitality. Your appreciation for our staff has already been conveyed to them and they are motivated.

Thanks and regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
India
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Rooms
-----------
Nice - Spacious, well equipped, beautiful, relaxing, safe, privacy well maintained
Not So Nice - Damp smell (It was raining season), Blankets provided had bit of damp smell too, One set of family group was given two separate beds inspite of the booking was done for 2 adults and a child (this makes the person sleeping in the middle bit uncomfortable)

House Keeping
-----------------------
Nice - Attended to the call and acted immediately to freshen up the room (which would have been good if was done even before asking), all initial complimentary supplies given immediately on check-in
Can Improve - Providing toiletries, drinking water top ups as early as possible in the morning. We had call couple of times to get the water bottles.

Restaurant
----------------
Nice: I can only review Veg food. The taste and spread was simply great. Lot of variety to choose from and completely filling. No need to worry about children as the food was not over spicy. The Ice-creams provided were one of the finest quality. The staff were very courteous and child friendly. The interval between each meal is very less and one need not worry about starving during the gaps. Quality and quantity was perfect.
Can Improve: BBQ never happened. If rain is the excuse I would suggest the management to quickly find solution to it as its raining most of the time in Coorg :). May be a big shelter will solve the problem. However they did supply small plates of grilled fruit/ panneer which I guess was substitute to BBQ.

Sports Room
-----------------
Nice: The calm and smiling face of the staff who looks after the sports room. What ever there, its well kept.
Must Improve: My 3 year old kid asked the staff why don't you have anything for small kids (apart from 2 channapatna wooden horse in not so nice condition) !! Management Please :)
Can add one more pool table. Make sure to have shuttle rackets and don't use same room for conference room/ party hall and indoor stadium !!

Ayurvedic Center
----------------------
Nice: Booking was easy. Courteous staff. Supper vied from health center.
Not So Nice: Steam bath dint work properly or was not kept the way it has to be. The massage center allows lot of cold wind blowing in and takes away the fun of warm massage.

Property
-----------
Nice: Well maintained trees and bushes. clean environment. Scenic and very relaxing.
Improve: Lighting and marking the paths for people to climb up to restaurant and pool easily. Especially during rainy nights its quite bad for people to run around in search rooms and resto. Bit slippery in quite a few places.

Pool Clean and well maintained.

Hot Water is not supplied throughout the day. I guess it was from 6-10 AM/PM. However there were times when there was not hot water but just warm water running during this limited time too. However they were courteous enough to supply hot water to our rooms even after this time on the day of our check-in :)

All the staff were courteous and did help as much they could. Though the initial assurance to shift us to rooms up the hill never happened, nor did we see any efforts being put towards it.

I would like to say the the 2 days spent in this resort were beautiful and memorable. No Big hassles at all.

Room Tip: If its rainy season or planning to stay for long do choose rooms up hill, else it really does not ma...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Rushit
Dear Guest,

We are glad to note that you had a beautiful and memorable stay at Heritage Resort Coorg. Your appreciation for our staff has already been conveyed to them and they are motivated. We appreciate your feedback and we have already taken corrective action on the same.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

We were a large group checked into the resort for two nights (30 people in 10 rooms). The resort is fantastic: quiet, away from the city, with acceptable service and excellent ambience. They are also particular about cleanliness and hygiene which are obviously paramount. I especially liked the rooms - large and airy, functional, and with a lovely little verandah on which to lounge and enjoy the beautiful view. We went in the peak rainy season, so it was raining incessantly and heavily misty and cloudy, which added to the ambience. The regular food menu is functional but not remarkable, but we requested for traditional Coorg pandi curry, akki roti and rice dumplings (kadumbuttu?), which were great, especially the pork. The resort even arranged a conference hall for us where our large group could gather and party, even though we had not booked it in advance. Special thanks to Mr. Shiva Kumar, who went out of his way to make our stay comfortable. Would love to go back!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank tiamukherjee
Dear Guest,

We are glad to note that your group had a comfortable stay at Heritage Resort Coorg. We are also happy that you liked the location, property, ambience, view, rooms, food and service. Your appreciation for Mr.Shiva Kumar has already been conveyed to him and he is motivated.

Bangalore
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We booked this resort for weekend gateway, based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed.The resort is situated at a beautiful location and the view from top is simply breathtaking,that gives you an amazing view and experience of natural beauty.It is nicely maintained, picture perfect with ordinary but clean cottages. During our stay, it was mostly raining due to that the beds were a little damp most of the time.

The restaurant and swimming pool are situated at top of the hill, for elderly people it will be little difficult as the climb is too steep.

The restaurant offers a very good spread includes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Taste of food is ok nothing much to rave about. But they surely offers quite a few options for kids as well. For room service, they charge 50% extra of the bill amount.Staff is very friendly and nice.

Overall we enjoyed our stay, thanks to Heritage Team for making our trip wonderful.

Room Tip: Pick the cottage near to Restaurant
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank h1tchhiker
Dear Guest,

We are glad to note that you enjoyed your stay at Heritage Resort Coorg. We are also happy that you liked the location,property, view, rooms, food and service. Your appreciation for our team has already been conveyed to them and they are motivated.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I went for a weekend trip (1N) & booked it before by transferring the entire amount via netbanking as adviced by their personnel. I specifically asked for a link to use my credit card which was regretted since they didn;t had any such facility (we're in 2014 right?). Needless to say, there goes my cash back, reward points etc..

I saw in google maps that its around 11KMs from Bus stop which is the main market area & since it was a road trip, I guesed it would take 5-6 mins drive so acceptable.. To my horror it took more than 40 mins to drive through the sepantine, pot-holled filled dilapated roads all the while glued to my GPS navigation. Here I must add that all resorts like Vivanta, Club Mahindra etc are located in similar distance from Raja's seat & I guess would take similar time to reach.

Anyway, we reached a few hours before mandatory 12PM check-in & like any resonable hotel in this price range, we were received warmly. We were hungry nad they agreed to serve breakfast on payment (their package includes all meals starting from lunch on day 1 & ending with breakfast on day 2).

We did checked in the room & were dissapointed with the fact that it came with two twin beds joined together to make one double bed. The room had a damp smell, possibly due to monsoon & came with 2 single blankets... I had specifically mentioned in my communication that I'm coming with my better half so given a room like this was a downer.

Lunch was served and it was dissapointing. The f&b manager came to get feedback & I blasted out possibly due to the depressing feeling till now. I pointed the exact mistakes like palak paneer had no seasoning, any bengali worth his salt would bet this is not even a distant cousin of Jhinga-posto, too much gelatine in Panna Cotta, where is my roti even after ordering 20 mins back etc (you get the picture!!). In short, lunch rating is as follows:
Taste: 5/10. Service: 3/10, Value for money:4/10

We imediately head out for some local sightseeing. Once we reached Raja's seat (8KM from hotel) after 30 mins, it took us 5 mins to reach Abbi Falls (15 kms), 30 secs for local shopping places to pick up some coorg honey, spices & other curios. This was the highlight of the stay.

We reached back around 6PM & we were told tea time is over!!! We were served 2 cups of tea & some samosas in a plate & they had already started preparing to serve dinner...

We came back to the room & switched on the TV. More than 60% of the channels were missing since it was not the pack they had chosen.. It was too cold inside & I asked reception for some room heater/hot air blower. Here't the shocker: We already gave all heaters to other rooms, we can only give you another blanket. I pleaded for a double blanket & thanks my starts, I got one.

The property is well lit at night & gives a very nice complimentary toilet kit with all creature comforts in the rest room. If only they had given a bathtub which is expected in this price range, I would have given 1 extra star. Due to cold I shied away from the swimming pool (non-heated). Its a mid size pool with max depth of 5 feet only, so wasn't so tempting anyway.

I'll cut to dinner service. Un orthodox menu selection, veg noodles, bhindi fry, coorg dal , mutton etc. Taste was far better than lunch. I called the F&B manager & gave positive feedback giving reference on my complaint of lunch. I saw a getleman enjoying the famed Pandi Curry (pork) of Karnataka & asked for the same. I was told extra charges to which I agreed and then I was told I should order 1 meal in advance.. Perhaps they thought I was having some Psychic powers to derive this information.

I did some night walking on the campus, it is well lit but not in a overpowering manner. It is a fairly big property & has its own conf building, health center (read aurvedic message center) etc but no game room. Fairly boring place after dinner. I almost forgot to mention that I received a call from restaurant at 9PM that diner service would close promptly at 10.. It did reminded me of my engineering hostel days.

I decided to leave as early as possible in the morning & after a shivering night, I went for breakfast to find a good spread. Except the bland chicken sausages, I found the good mix of south indian & continental meal selection to be the highlight of the entire meals served by this resort. So was my written feedback to them.

I left the hotel exactly 24 hours after check-in with still couple of hours to go before mandatory check-out simply because I couldn't take it any more.

Final Verdict: They advertise peace & so are the reviews to which I agree 100%. Do no expect start quality service & creature comforts & you shall not be dissapointed. If you want accesibility to life-spots of the town, stay clear of this area.
I would visit Madikeri again but would hold off booking this hotel till I'm 70 or so...

Room Tip: Any room including 121 or above is good for view. Room near restaurant are preferrable since room se...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rahul M
Dear Guest,

We are glad to note that you had a peaceful stay at Heritage Resort Coorg. We apologise for the inconvenience caused during your stay. We appreciate your feedback and have already taken corrective action.

We thank you for the feedback which helps us in improving on our services.

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

It is a place for relaxed cozy stay as well as to carry a peaceful and pleasant meeting /gatherings .This is one of the best properties to choose for vacation . The whole experience is pleasing and enjoyable. The property surrounded with a picturesque scenario , , which gives a grt experience . One can enjoy the nature by walking in and around the place ... once who visit this place will never forget to visit again .hospitality is too good . food and beverage department guys giving there full attention towards the satisfaction of their guests . Even the taste of food is splendid ... overall it is a place for relaxation.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are glad to note that your group had a pleasing and enjoyable experience at Heritage Resort Coorg. We are also happy that you liked the property, view, nature, food and hospitality.

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We had a three day meeting with representatives across the country. The meeting and other arrangements were impeccable. What needs special mention is the personalised service extended in a warm and courteous manner. We would strongly recommend the resort for families and also for official gatherings.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sankarshana R
Dear Guest,

We are glad to note that you liked the arrangements and the personalised service extended for your meeting for three days at Heritage Resort Coorg.

Thanks and regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madikeri
Vivanta by Taj Madikeri
#5 of 23 in Madikeri
Orange County, Coorg
Orange County, Coorg
#1 of 1 in Siddapura

Been to Heritage Resort Coorg? Share your experiences!