See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Well one day it was a sunny day, around 70f and the next there was a thick 4inch sheet of snow in the province.Also take your own salt, chinese don't use it.And if you are a white man they all think you are famous and want pictures with you, i was the mf of the place, as I like to walk and every kat wanted a picture with me.Hell even the soldiers took pics with me.2ndly I did enjoy walking from the south tower to the north tower of badeling, it's steep as one could imagine, every brick is etched with someones name, every brick, its a wow experience for sure, was going to carve my initials in the wall but, would probably been buried somewhere inside the walls with the ones who built it?

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with RCI
1  Thank babha1234
Reviewed April 9, 2018

difficulties communicate with workers/front desk , they don't speak english at all, except Manager/surpervisor they spoke a little bit English. However, they all nice & friendly & trying to be helpful. Restaurant (food quality) was very good! By the way, the bed mattress was horrible! they had very hard mattress! I felt like sleeping on the hard floor. When I went to Beijing & shanghai, their mattress was the same hard mattress. Is that the Chinese style mattress on all hotel in china??? It was very uncomfortable & hurting my back sleeping on Chinese hard mattress. like sleeping on the card board or on the floor! horrible mattress!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

This is an excellent Hotel and if arriving by train it is easy to get to the South side of the station, cross the road and find the number 50 bus. It takes just over an hour and costs 1RMB.
So you get a bus tour on the way to the hotel. The bus stop is right outside.
The building is being renovated and so there are some great bargains. My room is excellent and the staff very helpful.

Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank Ross T
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We are reluctant to grade the hotel as 4/5 stars, because it the building is rather old especially the interior and the furnitures and fittings.
The restaurant environment is rather unsatisfactory especially the Korean restaurant, the service staff talked with loud voice among themselves. I felt the food quality is below expectation maybe because of the low price. while the Chinese restaurant are noisy too and the food is just so so. We felt very much we were having meals at the local fast food store. A lot of customer services needed to look into!
However we shall thanks to david Li from the Chinese restaurant for his helpful explanation and Tina lui for her warmest help and patience for all the guidance on our transportation , attraction spots and the required information on the local cuisine.
Hopefully with the renovation the hotel can upkeep the standard in all areas.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank angie1ktn
RamadaYantai, Public Relations Manager at Fulitai International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear guest, first we do appologize for what you have experienced in our hotel, and we hope it will not influence the impression on our hotel. Ramada Plaza Yantai is now being under revovation gradually, including guest rooms, outlets, and lobby, and it will be very gorgeous. Our management team will enhance the training of professional service skills. Thanks a lot for your feedback, and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

...took ages to find thanks to a taxi driver who "took me for a ride" in more ways than one. After some awkward lost-in-translation conversation he decided to drive me to the hotel, but not before two of his friends got in the car and we sped off for an hour long trip around town before I had a chance to object. Not the hotels fault, but make sure you have the hotel name in chinese characters and don't agree to share a taxi with anyone. A better way round this would be an airport shuttle, which sounds like it'd be well used by the amount of reviews based around the airport. Anyway, upon arrival the receptionist and lobby staff were all giggling and discussing in chinese which i was standing there waiting to be checked in, which was extremely patronising and made me very uncomfortable. Shortly afterwards one of the staff says "my colleague thinks you're very handsome" and points to one of his male colleagues. This is no way to be welcomed to a supposedly 5 star hotel where surely you want your guests to be comfortable, which I certainly was not by this point. I was then told I've been upgraded. Leaving this experience behind, the room was nice, big, with floor to cieling windows, free internet (though had to be plugged in), large (but solid) bed. Very opulent. Desk chair was pretty broken which made using the internet uncomfortable. A knock on the door and I'm presented with a basked with two big apples in it, not sure if this is normal service but was totally random and I guess I should be grateful! I ordered room service which was prompt, good value and good food. Express laundry service was very quick and turned up several hours before I expected it to. Later on (a new shift) of reception staff were very helpful when trying to find a piece of lost property i'd left somewhere. They rang China Southern, Yantai airport, the taxi company for me. I ordered a taxi the night before which was there after a knock on my door in the morning telling me it had arrived. Overall a nice hotel with great service but I still can't shake the whole check in experience.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Shortbread1015

Dear guest, we do appreciate your feedback to Ramada Plaza Yantai. We delighted you enjoy the whole experience in our hote. With regard to the problems you referred, we have pass the information to our management team, and if you can provide your detailed contact, it wil be helpful for us to solve the problems smoothly. Thanks, and welcome to Yantai in this wonderful season.