“Decent and pleasant”

Ranked #7 of 387 Hotels in Yantai
Athens, Greece
“Decent and pleasant”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Visited the hotel on March 2012 and stayed for a week during a business trip. The hotel is located in the city center making your life easer if you want to visit places in the city center. The hotel is clean and the staff always keen to assist you. The room was well organised with all necessary equipment in place and working. No complaints about the service and every day house keeping. Three restaurants available inside the hotel with chinese or european cuisine. I strongly recomend it of you visit Yantai. For sure it will be my choise next time i go there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Qualicum Beach, Canada
Reviewed April 7, 2010

We arrived about midnight and three delightful young ladies checked us in with lots of giggles and enough English to adequately settle us into our room for the night. We are expats, living in China, and we usually prefer five star international chains but we booked the Center Hotel because of its location. For a four star Chinese hotel I must say that everything was in order. The room was indeed non-smoking (as requested), internet was easily accessed with the provided electrical adaptor, the room was clean and tidy (a definite requirement of mine), robes and slippers were at the ready, a safe for our passports, a good variety of lighting (not your usual one bulb in the centre of the ceiling), chocolate biscuits, fresh fruit daily, and a toy nightly on our pillow, and...the best ever...three different types of pillows for our use.

Breakfast for one (there were two of us) was included. However, we walked down the street to the Karen Coffee Bar for wonderful coffees and other breakfast goodies because we slept after the 9:30 cut off time of the breakfast buffet.

We did enjoy a western styled late dinner at the restaurant on the top floor. The food was quite okay but the air conditioner on high just made the evening too cold to really enjoy ourselves.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to wander Yantai on foot. The location is ideal and any taxi ride will cost approximately 7 RMB to just about any site such as the waterfront, markets, and beaches.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
China
Reviewed September 20, 2009

I was in The Center Hotel of Yantai many times as well as in Weihai the hotel in general very nice the rooms are clean the staff very friendly. The location just in the center of Yantai, the food is acceptable. They pay great attention to the small details, only in China I could feel this warm atmosphere

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Anasmich
Fremont, California
Reviewed August 9, 2009

This is my second visit to Yantai and stay at the Center Hotel. This trip I stayed here 6 nights at two separate times during my Shandong travels.

The hotel is located on a busy street with a handful of stores very close. Has a large and luxurious lobby with a very friendly staff that speaks descent English. The hotel as numerous restaurants, which I did not eat at during this trip, but based off my previous trip they were good but over-priced. The business center is small with two computers, a little expensive (25 RMB for only 15-20 minutes and 3 printed pages), but that's all right. Rooms have free internet access, but no Wi-Fi which is not a big loss.

FIRST 3 NIGHTS:
The first 3 nights I was given a small, but nice room - the usual Center Hotel luxuries. A handful of English TV channels including ESPN and BBC World. A comfortable bed, good view of the busy street, and nice bathroom.

Major Con -
My only Con during this stay was the bathroom door. I have NEVER seen this before, but for some strange reason the bathroom door was clear glass that was not flush against the door frame. So, anyone using the bathroom can be seen from outside the bathroom by someone in the room. And if someone is making any possible bathroom 'noises', that also can be heard from the room. This made me feel very uncomfortable and I hope to never see it again. It baffles me why the room designer and management would do this, no one would want this. My friend who lives in Yantai didn't like it and only used the bathroom when I slept or when she went to her home, no one wants to see or possibly hear someone using the bathroom - weird and kind of disgusting, they need to change that!!!!!

LAST 3 NIGHTS:
This stay I made sure we got a room with a traditional and normal bathroom door, which was much appreciated by my friend and myself. They gave us a corner room which was great, a very big and spacious room with a view of the back of the hotel area which was some buildings and a Wal-Mart. The view didn't bother me, was fine. Bed was big and comfortable, all the rooms have been upgraded with flat screen TVs, still give you a free daily fruit bowl, and a very clean and modern room.

No Cons for the second stay, everything was great. Our electricity did go out one night around 2:00 or 3:00, but the staff fixed the blown fuse very fast, took no more than 15 minutes.

My only suggestion is I strongly suggest requesting a room with a traditional not clear bathroom door like I got my first 3 nights. Outside of that this is without question the best hotel in Yantai, worth every penny. Even my friend who lives there said it's the best in Yantai.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple