“Inflexible hotel policy”

Ranked #5 of 387 Hotels in Yantai
Yantai, China
“Inflexible hotel policy”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I had made an online booking thru booking agent. As I decided to shorten my stay period, the payment was unable to refund it back. Due unforseen circumstances, they should practise felxibility for such cases.

Internet was not up to their names as well.
Room were not sound proof enough as you could hear rain dripping and wind blowing.
Hotel is located in a remote area where you need to go to the town for shopping.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed December 14, 2010

I never expected to see such impressive hotel. I have been travelling in China to different big, medium and small cities and almost findings excellent hotels only in those big cities. Yantai Crown Plaza Hotel is extraordinary hotel compared to other 5 stars hotels in big cities. Today is the first day of my stay and I have been received by the Sales Executive and got very well reception. The Room is modern and very clean. The staff speaks English well. In fact, I did not expect the concierge to speak English but he does.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Beijing, China
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We stayed here over the weekend. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are nice and spacious. But unfortunately their service was not as it should have been.

For some reason they have chosen to have as few employees present at breakfast as possible. That meant that the choices were very limited and half of the plates were empty at all times. There is no point having a lot of choices when they are not able to keep the plates full or the food fresh. At one time I couldn't even find juice to drink - and they had 6 or 8 different kinds - all empty.

The pool was nice - if you like to swim in very cold water. When a 5 year old thinks the water is cold, it is definately cold.

According to their website they have got babysitting. This was not the case. When we asked them to book one for us, they simply denied it. They had never had babysitters and it definately did not say so on their website. Simply not good enough.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank exploringasia
CrownePlazaYantai, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Yantai Seaview, responded to this review, December 8, 2010
Dear Madam/Sir,

Our sincere apologies for your poor experience! Our team has shared your valuable feedback and is working hard at all levels to ensure future stays exceed your expectations. We do hope you provide us with an opportunity to present to you our improvements.

All the best!

Marketing Communications Department
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Loved the hotel. When I arrived in Yantai I was totally out of my comfort zone as I had heard all the horror stories about hotels in 3rd tier cities. What a wonderful sight for sore eyes when the Crowne Plaza came into view. Rooms are big, comfortable and clean. Staff are very kean to serve and help and a pick of 5 restaurants is hard to pass up. The restaurant on the 47th floor was my favourite. It served a viety of indian, Thai, Japanese and Cantonese for a set price. View wa lovely too. Breakfast was a treat too - full American breakfast buffet was included in the room rate so I was a happy chappy. Would return again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2010

This Hotel opened last year and with no doubt is the best Hotel in Yantai, new, clean, big and well organised.
Rooms are big and furnished in modern style, big plasma TV and huge bathroom with shower and thub.
I tried an evening buffet at the Restaurant and was not bad at all, big choice of food and very cheap as price.
Staff seems little smarter than Yantai average and definetly i will be coming back here.
Of course this review is considering were we are...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank GDP1967
Shandong
Reviewed February 28, 2010

I stayed in this hotel once and I was very satisfied with the cozy atmaphere. During Chinese New Year holiday, I took my whole family here. To my big surprise, the hotel was just like a lady with New Year dressing! The latterns, traditional paper cutting and a real peach blossom tree at the lobby brought the warmness to my heart. We all enjoyed this festival so much!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family