“A 'home' in Tanga!!!”

Ranked #1 of 14 Tanga B&B and Inns
Athens, Greece
“A 'home' in Tanga!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I am now sitting on my bed at the Panori, where we have been staying for the past 2 months. We leave for a few days and then , with great happiness, we return to our base, our home in Tanga! I cannot help smiling as I am writing this. 2 years ago, I had booked a room here together with my sister, but, when i saw the old AC, the decor in the room and the quiet reception area, I ran away and we went to another hotel, double price, supposedly better. I wondered how a friend of mine could possibly choose to stay here......
Well, 2 years on, and I am now staying HERE with that friend of mine and I WOULDN'T CHANGE this place for anywhere in Tanga. The staff, like everyone on Tripadvisor mentions, are sooo friendly, sooo helpful that we really feel like we are coming home when we drive into the driveway. The decor in the room is not fantastic..I cover the armchairs with my own colourful kangas!!, but, everything is really clean. The laundry service is great, John, the houseboy is amazing...he cleans the room, washes our clothes and washes our car.
When we arrive for breakfast, we are welcomed with big smiles by everyone , so , even if breakfast itself is a little bit of an adventure - to get all things together , at the same time!! - the warmth of the people somehow makes everything acceptable.
We come back from our few days away and again, we are welcomed with so much warmth and happiness. It is not easy to find such genuine care nowdays.
I now understand why my friend stays here and I would recommend Panori to anyone who visits Tanga and wants a very reasonably priced accomodation, in a good area of town....actually the best area in town, with lovely staff and clean rooms.
Would just like to add, that a car or a bike/motorbike is needed if you choose to stay here, as Ocean Drive, is a residential area and one cannot easily get transport. It takes 12 mins to walk to the bus stand.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs, facing the sea.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank SAISURYA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tanga, Tanzania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

This old hotel has a lot of history to offer, as well as a nice and calm atmosphere. Staff is very friendly and makes this place feel like home. Room are nice and clean, AC and TV. They have an exellent international cuisine and the seafood is great. Definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Marie L
Zanzibar Island, Tanzania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

This hotel feels a little like you are stepping back in time. I have stayed here on a number of occasions and although a little tired, it is a very peaceful place to stay. It is quiet and some of the rooms have sea views. The rooms are fine, but the staff are excellent, and cannot do enough for you I would particularly encourage people to eat there as the food, including the breakfasts are great. The price is reasonable, which perhaps reflects the decor in some of the rooms, but it is a great place to stay

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank kate c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanga
Peponi Beach Resort
The Tides Lodge
The Tides Lodge
#1 of 3 in Pangani
Nyinda Respective Hotel

Been to Panori Hotel? Share your experiences!