We stayed here in Aug and didn't know it was the off season so we pretty much had the island to ourselves. The photos others have posted are like mine - we too stayed in Fale #9 and it was nice and clean. We wanted to experience the local Tongan life and this is a good place to do it. The local village is where all the staff live and we were able to visit the village any time. This was a hi light as we enjoy the culture part of traveling. The staff was all very nice and always asked if we needed something. It would have been nice to be there with more people but we enjoyed the solitude and quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sunset Island Resort is located on 'Atata Island. The resort features 18 beachfront fales, Polynesian Style Restaurant and Cocktail Bar with amazing views. It borders a fishing village where guests are welcome to experience the traditional culture. Scuba Diving, Game Fishing, Kayaks, Snorkeling boat trips are just some of what the activities the resort has to offer or do absolutely nothing. Come and enjoy the sun in this little bit of paradise. Resort has undergone Renovations with New Management and Service Upgrades. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Royal Sunset Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Sunset Island Hotel Tongatapu Island
- Royal Sunset Island Tongatapu