Book In Advance
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews island hopping tour salt water jet ski monkeys paddle boat jacket fertility life legend langkawi
Reviewed 1 week ago

Take a beautiful lake and area, add some glitz and swan boats and too many shops, this is what you will get. I loved the story of the pregnant maiden, but was pretty disappointed to see what they had created here, chasing after the tourist dollar. It is worth a look, hopefully during a season less crowded than when I was here.

Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

We actually visited this lake on a company trip as part of a tour in 2013. A simple lake with a life jacket rental shop nearby. It did not look super special, but was special is what happened to the ladies who swam there that day.

As the legend has it women would swim there of they were trying to get pregnant. We were not superstitious. We were skeptical, laughed it off and we had a good time swimming.

The water is murky and you will not be able to see the bottom of the lake. So if you are squimish, best to rent a life vest. Otherwise, keep in mind that the lake is still water not salt water. You will have less bouyancy compared to swimming in the ocean and need a lot of strength to stay afloat.

A few months later, the three ladies who swam here including me met at a dinner. We all were pregnant and due the same year 2014! Perhap a coincidence? Perhaps some natural compounds in the water that induces fertility? Owh yes, one of the three ladies have been trying to be pregnant for a while prior to this trip.

Worth checking out if you are already in Langkawi but I wouldn't make this lake as a sole reason to go to Langkawi as there are many other attractions to enjoy.

2  Thank BunnyDahl
Reviewed April 6, 2018

It is part of the 3 island hopping tour (RM25). We only allowed 1hr to visit this place. We need to pay RM6 entrance fees. Then we need to walk 15 min over the hill to the pregnant lake. On the way, we passed by very furious monkeys which chased after people and grab their plastic bags. Then we rented a paddled boat (RM30) to see the lake. It was a very beautiful day so we really enjoyed the afternoon there.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

However the drop off pick up area for the boats is insane so wouldn’t recommend it for families and small children. Also the monkeys were literally stealing everything out of peoples bags and hands so be careful

1  Thank CassandraS78
Reviewed February 7, 2018

Arriving at the island which is supposed to be eco island, the rubbish just littered the place. Poor Macaque monkeys were eating polystyrene drinking out of cups that have been thrown on floor. The entry price is double for a non Malayasian. Just out of curiosity I asked why it was more expensive for a non Malaysian and the manager got aggressive and shouted at me and my wife saying this is my country my rules, obviously didn’t know the answer. I paid and I wish I hadn’t it is an over crowded tacky place with swan pedalo’s, a dangerous walkway where planks were broken and rubbish floating in the water. It’s about as eco as an oil slick.

Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

The stop off seem to be on many boat and jet ski tours and it's basically a walk to a large lake where you can swim or take a paddle boat. There are messages everywhere saying you cannot enter without a life jacket but you can or you can hire one when you get to the lake for 5 Ringots. Not sure what the fuss is about, the water was murky and area is not that clean.
Enjoy......

Reviewed July 24, 2017

We went in a group and we thoroughly enjoyed the nature's beauty and clean water. We thought we'll spend 15 mins in the lake but ended up spending more than 3 hours. Kids enjoyed the place too.

Reviewed May 23, 2017

I booked island hopping tour for 35 MYR and the first stop was Lake of the pregnant maiden. There is an additional ticket cost of 6 MYR to visit this lake and one has to travel for about five minutes to reach here. We were given only one hour to spend at this lake as per our island hopping schedule, and I so wish I had spent more time here. The water is very clean, and lake is surrounded by beautiful islands. It is a must visit if you travel to Langkawi. Of course there are life vests available for people who don't know swimming !

Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

What an unpleasant place, very disappointing..Rubbish everywhere, signs stating danger and risk of diseases. Monkeys are aggressive, don't take children, color water bottles or cans, food.

Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

No need to go, garbage everywhere like rest of Langkawi. To many people and just felt dirty after coming back. Monkeys that people feed everywhere.

The boat ride was the only fun and nice thing. Langkawi really need to do something about the garbage..It is litterary a dump now.

Nothing Eco about this place.

2  Thank flierman