Review Highlights

Reviewed 4 days ago
ljm33
Prestatyn, United Kingdom
via mobile
This review is not fabricated!

Reviewed October 3, 2018
Stevie1948
Winsford, United Kingdom

All reviews craft shop lots of choice at reasonable prices take home member of staff children's play area craft items worth a visit friendly staff car park cakes two floors great variety great fabric near future vast range plenty of free parking
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

I visited here on Sat with my best friend visiting from Scotland - we had a lovely lunch and a browse round the gift shop and visited the main fabric area and the hobby craft shop. It was nice to browse and my friend got some good materials to make new outfits and motifs to customise her handbag - can’t wait to see the finish articles. Lovely afternoon spent there

Cafe A, Public Relations Manager at Abakhan Fabrics Hobby & Home, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again soon. Looking forward to seeing the photos of the finished handbag too :)

Reviewed October 3, 2018

On a day out to North Wales we stopped at Abakhan Fabrics, pronounced Abak Haan by my charming satnav. Parking is free & when we entered the shop it was obvious that it was serious about fabrics & crafts. We had a good rootle round & picked up a few things we didn't know we needed. The assistants were both helpful & knew their stuff.
After all that shopping we retired to their marvellous café (separate review) for tea & buns

1  Thank Stevie1948
Cafe A, Public Relations Manager at Abakhan Fabrics Hobby & Home, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Thank you for your kind comments, we are glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Staff helpful and knowledgeable, plenty of fabrics and other items to view and purchase. Cafe serves great food whether meals or snacks

Thank you for your kind comments, we are glad you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

I always find the staff very friendly and always willing to give help and advice if needed. It is a guarantee I always come out of the shop with more items than I went in for.

Thank you for your kind comments, we are glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2018

I bought silver embossed curtain material, only to find I ran out of material.
I telephoned the Liverpool store. Spoke to a member of staff by the name of Aimee
This young lady was very very helpful and reassured me she would do her best and get me some more material, she phoned round other stores to which no joy, she went extra mile and contacted the warehouse and got some sent to the store for me, I received a call today and Aimee informed me she had my silver material in for me to pick up. She made my day and now and able to continue my project. Thanks so much Aimee. She’s a credit to the company.

1  Thank carolfletch
Cafe A, Public Relations Manager at Abakhan Fabrics Hobby & Home, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Thank you for your kind comments, we will ensure Aimee and the Liverpool store receive your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2018

My sister in law wanted to purchase several items and I wanted a metal thimble she came from the other side of Caernarfon
To say was were disappointed was an understatement, she could not find what she was looking for. Well as for me all I wanted was a large metal thimble the craft place only had tailor ones no top. Downstairs in the main building had none upstairs I found rubber ones.
I asked an assistant for help and she pointed me in the direction of shelves full of plastic containers there must have been over 100 it took us 15 mins or so to find the only container with them in and they were too small.

Whilst looking a gentleman was commenting on how the prices had gone up especially in the café where you used to be able to get something to eat for around a fiver now it costs over £10. He suggested it was to pay for the new café!

Years ago the place was buzzing no matter when you went having to queue to be served. Whilst were in the main building top and bottom there were only about a dozen people, couple in the wool shop and 6 at most in craft place. All the goods have gone up in price, no real bargains to be had any more sadly. We will not be going again and I will be telling people not to bother either.

Oh bye the way you would think that all thimbles would be in the same place wouldn't you?

Reviewed September 10, 2018

The staff helped so much today when I had a large amount of fabric to buy for a dance show. They came up with lots of ideas and suggestions as I was on a budget which were really helpful. Three of the staff helped me carry my purchases to the car without even having to ask them, this was such a help. On top of all this the selection of fabric is extensive and extremely good value for money. Restaurant also very good.

Cafe A, Public Relations Manager at Abakhan Fabrics Hobby & Home, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Thank you for your kind comments, we are glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon. Good luck with the show!

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Nice place , helpful staff , decent cafe too , plenty of stock in , a good choice of materials , curtains, cotton , foam , cushions etc etc at reasonable prices ,

Cafe A, Public Relations Manager at Abakhan Fabrics Hobby & Home, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Thank you for our kind comments, we are glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

You can purchase material, wool, crafting items etc. Good selection of products at reasonable prices. Cafe, toilets & free parking on site what more could you want.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Spoilt for choice for materials no matter what you are looking for. Very helpful knowledgeable staff who will help with any question if that particular member of staff doesn't know the answer they will find you someone who does.

Cafe A, Public Relations Manager at Abakhan Fabrics Hobby & Home, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Thank you for your kind comments, we are glad you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you again soon.