“Excellent B & B”

Ranked #1 of 1 Aston Rogers B&B and Inns
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Excellent B & B”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

M brother & I loved this B & B, wished we had booked for more than 1 night but hopefully will be back but with my husband. Linda & Colin are lovely and we couldn't fault the rooms, brother loved having so much space!
Bit difficult to find at first but well worth it and the local pub was a pleasant experience despite waiting a long time for food- I think they forgot, but not a problem for us and they were so nice.
If you want lovely surroundings, characterful rooms and lovely hosts this is the place to come.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and from the minute we arrived to the time of our departure we were made to feel so welcome. Our room was ideally suited to our needs, the breakfasts were faultless, and we were given exceedingly good advice on where to eat in the evenings, and where to buy the local honey. We are so looking forward to another visit and would highly recommend this excellent B&B to anyone visiting this area of Shropshire.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Recently stayed here, and the location is amazing, rooms were really cozy and beds were like heaven so comfy, breakfast was exquisite especially scrambled eggs! The hosts were really nice and friendly and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here at Barley mow house!

• Stayed September 2013
Looe, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Visiting family in Welshpool and found this perfect place to spend the night. Set in a wonderfully quiet rural location we found this place to ideal for us after spending the night before in a noisy hotel. Lovely feather duvets and comfortable beds. We had a family room which had a separate room for the children with a private bathroom attached. We had a lovely tour around the grounds when we arrived and the children loved the trampoline and homemade tree swings.

Breakfast is a definite must. lovey fresh fruit melon etc., home made bread and marmalades and lovely cooked breakfast. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for one night when going to a friends wedding. Very friendly couple, beautiful setting and lovely home cook food and home baked bread. Room was very nicely sized and bed was really comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013
Braintree, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Recently stayed for a couple of nights as I was going to a client's wedding at rowton castle. I was made to feel extremely welcome and nothing was too much trouble. My room was spacious with a shower and wc and it was all very clean however I hope I don't offend but in my honest opinion I felt the bed linen had seen better days and needed to be changed. The breakfast was lovely especially the homemade bread and marmalade. Colin kindly took me to the wedding and picked me up. They even gave my car a little clean over when I left how amazing is that. Overall well recommended at a great price. Little hint if you can book directly with them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed here at the beginning of June, like other visitors were greeted by tea and cake. Linda & Colin made us feel very welcome. Our bed was a king size and very comfortable, breakfast was filling and tasty and we were given a wide choice. Their gardens are so relaxing it really made the visit complete, No place within walking distance for evening meal but we travelled a few miles to the Lowfield for food , very good

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Barley Mow House? Share your experiences!