3,675 results
All reviewsshoulder massagecolonial stylemarina viewpool staffgames roominfinity poolbeautiful hotelcable carwelcome drinkbest hotel we have ever stayedplanters restaurantour honeymoonmoment you arriveperdana quaymerchant roomluxury hotelpool side
Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

Awesome colonial style retreat and possibly the best luxury hotel in Langkawi.
Very relaxing place perfect for a long weekend away.
Large rooms with everything you need, the place was immaculate with beautiful gardens in the courtyard.
Nicer than usual check in process with cold towel, tea and shoulder massage on arrival.
Excellent pool and options to sit on the beach.
Variety of great food and an afternoon tea option at the hotel.

Highly recommend this place.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
GMDanna, Manager at The Danna Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2017

Dear Rachelle L

Firstly, please accept my sincere apology for delaying responding to your review.
It is an absolute pleasure to note on your outstanding review of The Danna Langkawi and thank you for sharing it with the readers on TripAdvisor.
It made our day every time we hear such encouraging feedback from our guests! Thank you for your generous compliments Rachelle L and look forward to welcoming you back to The Danna.

Yours sincerely
Hafiz Hashim
Executive Assistant

Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

I absolutely love this hotel! I have been to many hotels and never had such good service in my life. They suprised me on my birthday by decorating the room and bringing me a cake. The rooms were beautiful and the people so helpful and friendly. Breakfast had everything i could want and everything was made well and was delicious. The planters restaurant was wonderful. The staff were the shining light of this hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family

Dear farahhussain_1

Please accept my apologies for this late response and thank you very much for not forgetting us and taking your time to write us this review. It is really lovely to know that you had an unforgettable birthday here with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again. Please contact us directly when you are ready to return farahhussain_1.

Yours sincerely
Hafiz Hashim
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed November 12, 2017

There isn’t enough space within trip advisor to do justice to this hotel, but I will try; from the minute you check in and are greeted with a free shoulder massage until the moment you leave, the staff are impeccable.

As you walk towards doors they’re opened for you, (we would run to try and beat the staff getting to them before us), if you ring for room service, they then call you back to tell you it’s on its way, and just 1 minute later there’s a knock at the door.

The food is the best I have eaten and we tried all three restaurants within the hotel, and the spa is just wonderfully relaxing.

The Rooms are huge and the bed’s Oh My soooo comfortable, I don’t think I’ve ever slept so well, the bath is more like a mini pool, (however I am only 5ft 2!!), but plenty of room for two. We stayed in a marina room with a wonderful balcony overlooking the marina.

The whole place is impeccably clean and the pool is just the right temperature, with the pool staff offering snacks of ice cream and spring rolls for free, plus the lovely man coming round to clean your sun glasses!! It’s true luxury.

All the staff were amazing and super attentive, with just a few to mention, Daisy and Choi in the lounge bar, Che Tom in housekeeping you’re wonderful and M.Dusha front of house who was full of advice on local things to do and remembered us each day.

Having travelled in a few places around the world, this is truly one of the places I would return back to tomorrow. However, it will have to wait until next year, but we will be back FOR SURE.

Room Tip: All the rooms area amazing
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2017

Stayed here at end of October. It would be impossible to fault the service. The staff cannot do enough. Loved the way the guys around the pool brought round drinks and lollies throughout the day. The food in the two restaurants is amazing. So many highlights.
We had a marina view room but that is a bit misleading tbh as although there is indeed a small marina, the main view is of a car park. The room itself was massive and had the biggest bath I've seen in a hotel room.
The hotel is VERY quiet. I think there were probably only about 20 people staying which meant it was easy to get a sunbed around the pool and table at dinner but also evenings were rather subdued.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2017

We have just spent 6 amazing days at The Danna. We had high expectations after investigating the reviews on Tripadvisor. I can confirm that indeed it is exactly as described and we experienced a fabulous week, The hotel staff are friendly and cannot do enough. Our tours ( Jet Ski tour a must and kayaking in the mangroves ) was arranged by them and even provided towels and cold water in bags. The food was excellent and after looking at the restuarants nearby we only ate at the hotel. We had the special deal of RG 90 per day toward food/spa and it worked out a good deal for what we got. At the pool we received free cold water, goodies to eat and even had our sun glasses cleaned. This is certainly a hotel that knows its business and provides 5 star treatment. Its also the first hotel we have entered where the WIFI is automatic and no need for logins and passwords - great for us older folk.
I thus highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Sea view room was great
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple